UNUSUAL

NEVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Italics are flashbacks. Also, this fic is inspired by real-life happenings and interviews that happened to MOMOLAND—i’m literally just twisting them a bit HAHAHA) 

 

 

February

 

 

“GOOD MORNING GIRLS!!!!”

 

 

 

“You’re extra cheery today,” Ahin noticed Hyebin’s wide grin in the morning. “Plus, you’re up early!”

 

 

 

“That’s because we’re nominated again for first place!” Hyebin smiled widely. “You’re up early too... this doesn’t happen!”

 

 

 

 

“You’re mean, unnie!” Ahin said groggily and continued descending down the stairs. Hyebin laughed.

 

 

 

Out of all the members, Ahin was the only member who’s having insane difficulties when it comes to waking up. It was basically a miracle when Ahin woke up early without someone’s help. 

 

 

 

“How did you wake up though?”

 

 

 

“That’s because weirdly enough, I didn’t hear insane sobbing last night...” Ahin said in a curious tone. “We should get the house blessed or something. What if it was a ghost or something?!”

 

 

 

Hyebin’s smile disappeared immediately and was replaced with an exasperated sigh.

 

 

 

“Why are you sighing? It destroys a morning mood, you know.” Ahin reasons and started heading towards the kitchen.

 

 

 

“No sobbing last night?” Hyebin asked. Ahin shouted ‘yep’ from the kitchen. She came back with milk and bread to get the minimal boost she’ll need for school. She’s also the only member attending classes since Daisy, JooE and Nancy already graduated three days ago.

 

 

 

“Weird, though. I was starting to get used of it.” Ahin said while munching on her bread.

 

 

Hyebin averted her eyes away from Ahin as she let her eyes explore the empty living room. Everybody was still asleep except for her and Ahin.

 

 

“I think it started last month?” Ahin inquired herself and looked at Hyebin questioningly.

 

 

“Yep, it did.”

 

 

 

 

That day, like this morning, Hyebin called everyone for vocal practice. The 7 members including her are already downstairs although groggy. The two, Nancy and Yeonwoo, are still upstairs, probably asleep.

 

 

 

Hyebin started ascending to the second floor when JooE held her arm. 

 

 

“Ya, don’t freak out...” JooE told her. Hyebin raised a brow when JooE looks very guilty and aggravated. “Nancy kinda went to our room kinda crying and kindaaaa broken—“

 

 

 

“WAE?!” 

 

 

“AISH, I TOLD YOU NOT TO FREAK OUT!” JooE hushed. Hyebin’s expression calmed down a bit and waited for further details from JooE. The rest of the members gave them a questioning look.

 

 

“Ya, Ju Won, is this about—“

 

 

“Ne.” JooE told Daisy. Daisy nodded. Now the rest of the members looked at her questioningly. Daisy sighed and started explaining the situation that JooE was doing to Hyebin.

 

 

“I don’t know why, but one thing’s for sure...” JooE looked so guilty for the first time in her life that Hyebin was getting worried. Hyebin put a hand on JooE’s cheek and caressed it softly.

 

 

“I think I’m somehow at fault... and poor Aenaen cried herself to sleep.” JooE muttered in a low breath and Hyebin sighed.

 

 

 

“I’ll try to take care of it, love.” Hyebin kissed JooE’s forehead. “We’ll talk about it later. For now, we have vocal practice.”

 

 

***

 

 

Hyebin knocked softly on JooE and Nancy’s door, in her mind to talk to Nancy with extreme caution to not hurt her in any way and she told herself to not mention Yeonwoo too.

 

 

She assumed that Yeonwoo is the reason why the maknae is broken, again. Hyebin was thinking of reasons why Yeonwoo hurt Nancy and only one reason remained dominant.

 

 

What Yeonwoo feared to happen did happen.

 

 

Hyebin was a bit lost in her thoughts but immediately regained her wits when the door opened revealing Nancy.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, unnie, I overslept...” Nancy said and rubbed her eyes cutely. Hyebin frowned when Nancy didn’t have those puffy red eyes you usually get when you cry yourself to sleep.

 

 

 

“It’s okay—are you okay though?” Hyebin asked softly. Nancy frowned.

 

 

 

“Uh, yes, unnie. I’ve never been better!” Nancy tried to say in a gleeful tone. Hyebin’s frown deepened and touched Nancy’s eyelid. Hyebin clicked her tongue when there was concealer on her finger.

 

 

 

Nancy looked at her questioningly.

 

 

Hyebin sighed then smiled. “You should go down now, the others are waiting.”

 

 

 

Nancy nodded before closing the door behind her.

 

 

“Wait, we have vocal practice today right?” Nancy said with a worry in her head that her voice might be raspy.

 

 

Hyebin nodded. “Yep but don’t push yourself too much if it’s too much to handle.”

 

 

Nancy nodded and smiled when she realized that Hyebin was indeed, the greatest leader ever.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter