WAKING

NEVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I knocked on Yeonwoo’s door again. The polaroid clutched in my hand. As if on cue, the doorknob turned and without saying anything, I buried my face on her shoulder as I held her between my arms.

 

 

 

“Y-Yeonwoo...” 

 

 

 

“N-Nancy? What’s wrong?”

 

 

 

“I...” I trailed off.

 

 

 

Is this what she felt when she received those?

 

 

 

The feeling of anxiety runs in my veins as I seek my refugee, my safe haven. 

 

 

 

Yeonwoo.

 

 

 

The polaroid was hot in my palm. I pressed my face to her shoulder as I felt her clothes seep my tears. I felt a soft pair of lips touch the side of my head.

 

 

 

“Hush love...” Yeonwoo kept on caressing my hair. 

 

 

 

The shock was still there, and I kept on sobbing uncontrollably in her shoulders. I can’t even try to muster a single word. My whole body was shivering.

 

 

 

Whoever did this was sick in his mind.

 

 

 

I—If it’s Soo Man... 

 

 

 

God... do we even stand a chance?

 

 

 

“Only one you... I’m in love you... Eojeboda gakkai gakkai wa...” 

 

 

 

Huh?

 

 

 

I tried to suppress my gasps of breath to listen to her... is she humming?

 

 

Oh crud, she's singing Only One You. 

 

 

It's our song...

 

 

 

“Only one you... I’m in love you... eottaessnayo gunggeumhan geon oneure neo...”

 

 

 

She was cradling me like a weeping baby. Her hands were on my back, caressing it gently. Her gestures sent relief to my shuddering nerves. I hugged her tighter as she kept singing.

 

 

Her sweet voice tells me in its own way that everything will be fine, that everything is secure. That it's fine.

 

 

 

When she noticed I wasn’t crying anymore, she asked against my hair. “Are you okay now?”

 

 

 

I stayed still and grasped onto her even more.

 

 

 

 

“Do you want to sleep in my room instead? I swear I’m not tipsy anymore,” Yeonwoo cooed in my ear.

 

 

 

I nodded.

 

 

 

“Okay then, let’s go...” 

 

 

 

 

I heard the door close behind me.

 

 

***

 

 

“You really won’t tell me what’s wrong?”

 

 

 

I shook my head.

 

 

 

She smiled in understanding. “Okay.”

 

 

One of the things I loved about Lee Dabin, is that she never pushes someone to say something just to sate her own curiosity.

 

 

“I should really consider buying you soju every day,” I joked. She rolled her eyes and finally put the blanket on us. She flattened the surfaces with her palm—especially on my side.

 

 

 

“Are you trying to cop a feel or something?”

 

 

 

“What? You ert!” Yeonwoo flicked my forehead. I grinned.

 

 

“I can feel you anytime, anywhere. And trust me when I say it would be voluntary.” She winked.

 

 

 

I rolled my eyes as my face suddenly felt hot. 

 

 

 

Now I’m reminded of what we did in this very bed a while ago. She seemed to notice it too.

 

 

 

“Oh in fact, we did it here in this bed!” Yeonwoo chirped ecstatically. I gaped at her in disbelief.

 

 

 

She plopped on the bed with a wide grin on her face. “This bed feels so special now.”

 

 

 

“Shut up!”

 

 

 

Yeonwoo turned to me with the same wide smile and she enveloped me in an embrace. “I love you.”

 

 

 

A surge of happiness and security rushed through me as I fluttered my eyes.

 

 

 

Before I can say ‘I love you, too’, she said something that left me speechless.

 

 

 

“No matter how many polaroids of us we receive with crazy threats, I’ll still love you from the bottom of my hypothalamus,” She kissed me on the forehead. She slowly kneeled. Her hair is falling to dark burgundy curtains again as she positioned herself on top of me.

 

 

 

“Wait... you knew?” I said. She pointed my palm at my sides and said that it was pretty obvious.

 

 

 

I heard her sigh before looking at me lovingly. Oh crud, that gaze render me breathless every time. Her fingers tucked the stray hairstrands on my face to my ear.

 

 

 

“I.”

 

 

A kiss on my temple.

 

 

 

“Loooove.”

 

 

 

A kiss on my nose.

 

 

 

“You.”

 

 

 

And finally, a peck on my lips.

 

 

 

“And I promise, I’ll protect you. If you want, I’ll gun Soo Man down now.” She joked. I rolled my eyes. She chuckled and went beside me again.

 

 

 

“Now sleep peacefully, don’t think about it anymore. Arasseo? Think about me instead.” She winked.

 

 

 

 

I just nodded in defeat as she cuddled with me again—and sleep which I was deprived of came to me in a heartbeat.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“HI YEONWOO!!!!”

 

 

I suddenly wanted to throw my phone away due to Sana’s high pitch. “K-Keep it down, Minatozaki.”

 

 

 

“I’M SORRY!!!!!”

 

 

 

Oh damn.

 

 

 

“I’ll kick your face if Nancy wakes up!” I hissed under my breath. I suddenly heard harsh gushes of air as if they’re snatching the phone.

 

 

 

“Sorry ‘bout that Yeonwoo.” I suddenly heard a solemn, yet soulless voice. It was Jennie Kim.

 

 

 

“We just called to say that we’re on the top of y’alls roof.”

 

 

 

“ON TOP OF THE ROOF—?!”

 

 

 

“Now you shut up! Why are you shouting!” Jennie shouted back.

 

 

 

“I-I’m sorry...” I muttered under my breath. 

 

 

 

Why were they at the top of the roof?!

 

 

OF OUR DAMN DORM, OF ALL PLACES?!

 

 

Aside from that 's dangerous, but they might get caught!

 

 

"B-But why...?"

 

 

“We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter