BREATHER

NEVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Y-You received one too?”

 

 

 

Hyebin pulled a chair and sat on it with a serious expression on her face. “Aren’t you guys curious as to why me and JooE made up? It’s because of the polaroid.”

 

 

 

Yeonwoo stopped on stirring the milk she was about to bring to Nancy. “JooE knows?”

 

 

 

Hyebin frowned. “Well, yeah, is that a problem?”

 

 

 

Yeonwoo turned to them. “We’re not going to keep this a secret?”

 

 

 

Nayun turned to her with questioning eyes. “Why would we?”

 

 

 

Fear started creeping inside Yeonwoo’s system. 

 

 

 

That familiar feeling of fear.

 

 

 

The fear of scaring Nancy.

 

 

 

The fear of losing her.

 

 

 

Again.

 

 

 

“Don’t tell me you’re not going to inform Nancy about this.” Hyebin said as if she assumed this will happen.

 

 

 

Yeonwoo didn’t speak.

 

 

 

Jane put her hands on her waist. “Wait, don’t tell me you really are planning to not tell Nancy—“

 

 

Yeonwoo turned to her. “Why? Are you planning to tell Ahin and Daisy about this?”

 

 

 

“At first, I wasn’t planning but when I heard Hyebin already told JooE, I changed my mind. You know, so that you’re the only one who’ll look bad.” Jane smirked. Yeonwoo rolled her eyes.

 

 

“You prick.” Yeonwoo scoffed. Jane laughed.

 

 

 

“I guess I can understand why Yeonwoo isn’t planning to tell Nancy at all.” Nayun interjected. Now everybody’s eyes in the Dining Room are on her. 

 

 

 

Nayun sighed as if she can’t believe she needed to explain something so obvious. “Guys, Nancy will be scared. REALLY scared. And you know how Nancy is like when she’s scared.”

 

 

 

Realization started dawning in their eyes.

 

 

 

Nayun thought she should explain further. 

 

 

 

 

“When Nancy’s scared, she tends to escape from everything.”

 

 

 

Nayun looks at Yeonwoo who has her eyes on the floor.

 

 

 

 

“I guess... Yeonwoo’s reason is understandable.”

 

 

 

***

 

 

Yeonwoo carried the hot glass of milk upstairs. The others went to their respective rooms, wishing Yeonwoo luck since Yeonwoo decided to tell Nancy about the polaroids no matter how paranoid she was about it. Yeonwoo knocked on Nancy and JooE’s door with shaky knees.

 

 

 

Yeonwoo was praying with all of her heart that after Nancy knows this, they’ll still be okay.

 

 

 

That they’ll still be stable.

 

 

 

 

That they’ll still love each other tenderly.

 

 

 

That nothing will change between them.

 

 

 

Yeonwoo closed her eyes sternly and heaved a deep breath before calling out. “Nancy?”

 

 

 

There was silence.

 

 

 

 

Yeonwoo was shaking now, having a conclusion in her head that Nancy already knew and will finally leave her with a broken heart.

 

 

 

Just imagining it was unbearable for Dabin that she shook her head and opened the door herself.

 

 

 

She was greeted by JooE covered by a blanket with eyes that say ‘please-have-mercy-on-me-yeonwoo-unnie’, the look that JooE shows every time she does something awful (that she regrets afterwards) to Yeonwoo.

 

 

 

Sensing that something is wrong, Yeonwoo frowned. “Where’s Nancy?”

 

 

 

JooE sat up and looked at her with pitiful eyes.

 

 

 

“I swear, Yeonwoo-unnie, it was an honest mistake.” JooE said with a trembling voice.

 

 

 

Yeonwoo’s frown went deeper. Her heart raced fast as she was starting to get what JooE is trying to say.

 

 

 

“I-I thought she already knew about the polaroid—“ 

 

 

 

Before JooE can even finish her sentence, Yeonwoo rushed out of the room, still carrying the hot glass of milk in her tightest grip possible. JooE sighed and shook her head disappointingly at herself.

 

 

 

“, I messed up.” JooE whispered to herself and massaged her temple.

 

 

 

JooE was about to stand up to go to Hyebin’s room when Yeonwoo’s head bobbed out of the door. JooE yelped in shock.

 

 

 

“SHIBA—“ JooE can’t even continue the curse since Yeonwoo looks sincerely, and genuinely angry and scared at the same time.

 

 

 

 

Yeonwoo looks so agitated that JooE wanted to laugh her heart out if only she wasn’t the reason why Yeonwoo looks so out of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter