INFLUENZA B

NEVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“PAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPA GUD MOHNENG PAPAPAPAPAPAPA GUD MOHNENG PAPAPPAPAPAPAPA GOOD MORNING DABIN-UNNIEEEEEEEEE—YA!!!!” JooE’s attempt to wake up Yeonwoo was cut off when Yeonwoo threw a book towards her which JooE evaded skilfully.

 

“Aigoo, shut upppp!” Yeonwoo said. JooE laughed at Yeonwoo’s audible annoyance. JooE loves annoying everyone, though she’s making sure that she offends no one while doing it.

 

 

“Well, get up lazybones! We’re going to Music Bank todaaay!” 

 

 

“Whhhyyyy?” Yeonwoo groaned. JooE laughed and threw her a bathrobe.

 

 

“Get ready duh! Let’s pray for second win!” The phrase ‘second win’ got Yeonwoo on her feet with alertness and caution.

 

 

“Did you just say second win?!”

 

 

“Well, we’re nominated for another win, you see.” JooE chuckled and Yeonwoo immediately grabbed the bathrobe JooE threw to her. She was elated of course! Almost all of the sleepiness she had inside her came flying out of the window when she realized that there is a possibility that the trophies they have in their cabinet will increase.

 

 

Since JooE practically pushed her outside her room (JooE might be forgetting that Yeonwoo has her own bathroom), Yeonwoo shrugged it off and went to the main bathroom of the dorm humming ‘Love Sick’ the way there.

 

 

When she got there, the water sprinkling from the shower inside was audible.

 

 

‘Huh, someone must be taking a bath too.’ Yeonwoo concludes and leaned her back against the wall beside the door to wait. She can hear some faint singing so she was enjoying the melody. 

 

 

After seconds of listening to a girl singing faintly, she realized that Love Sick was also the song. Yeonwoo ‘whoa’ed at the coincidence.

 

 

Yeonwoo closed her eyes and was enjoying the song. Whoever member was singing Love Sick was obviously a main or lead vocal. The voice was heavenly and did the lyrics justice. It was as if how bitter the lyrics were heard exactly like how it should be.

 

 

Yeonwoo stopped humming with the song when the door creaked open. 

 

 

Yeonwoo clapped without seeing who the member was. “Wow! Daebak! Keep singing like that you did great—“ Yeonwoo stopped on her compliments and her smile vanished immediately.

 

 

Cliche enough, Nancy was the one who was inside. Wrapped in a towel, her shampoo was in the atmosphere and the steam from the bathroom made everything more dreamlike.

 

 

Yeonwoo can’t help but engulf Nancy’s flowery scent. Yeonwoo was suddenly in the trip down memory lane. That scent she used to sniff so casually, and that fragrance she first smelled in the morning one time—something that can’t happen anymore.

 

 

Every droplet of water from her forehead came down her pointy nose, her perfect, pink lips and down somewhere God knows where. 

 

 

Her solemn, almond eyes were now widened, shock evident in her face. Nancy’s grip on the towel wrapped around her body tightened.

 

 

“U-Unnie—“

 

 

Yeonwoo was shivering in self-control for she wanted to lunge at Nancy. Right here, right now.

 

 

Yeonwoo cursed under her breath. She was going crazy with all the things she’s thinking right now—knowing that Nancy doesn’t have anything underneath that stupid towel, and how Nancy’s milky, flawless skin was basically exposed to her foxy eyes right now.

 

 

 

Before she could do anything she’ll regret later, she managed to muster: “Excuse me.” 

 

 

Nancy let go of the breath she didn’t realize she was holding all this time. Yeonwoo might’ve thought Nancy didn’t notice anything, but Nancy saw how Yeonwoo’s gaze studied every detail in her body that she started feeling conscious.

 

 

But Yeonwoo’s eyes glinted of something empty and pain that broke Nancy on the spot.

 

 

Ever since that day, there was no second Nancy didn’t want to make up with Yeonwoo, but she was feeling embarrassed as to thinking that Yeonwoo won’t take her back again—just the idea of it can cause her heart rate to a flat line.

 

 

It was her fault after all.

 

 

 

Nancy concluded to herself that Yeonwoo is so tired of her, going up and down, suddenly lovey then suddenly cold, wanting to break up then make up. 

 

That’s why she just wanted for things to eventually go back to normal which didn’t happen at all because a month already passed and they were still like this.

 

 

Distant and apart.

 

 

Nancy sighed when the door creaked to a close. Nancy can even hear rigid coughing inside and how can she push that in the back of her head was impossible.

 

 

 

Nancy panicked and knocked on the door loud. 

 

 

 

‘ my pride!’ Nancy thought as she calls out Yeonwoo’s name.

 

 

“Yeonwoo! Ya, gwaenchana?!” 

 

 

 

No answer.

 

 

 

Just coughing.

 

 

 

And those sounds that you can feel someone is vomiting.

 

 

 

“YEONWOO!!!!!”

 

 

 

***

 

Yeonwoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter