THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

NEVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeonwoo yawned as soon as she and Nancy sat on their usual seat. The van was so noisy with JooE and Hyebin back but Yeonwoo ignored the sound. They started heading to the place where they’ll meet the fans waiting for them to greet Hyebin a happy birthday. 

 

 

 

Nancy, of course, was happy that they found their unnies. She sighed in relief once more and then noticed the sleepy Yeonwoo. Yeonwoo pouted and shut her eyes sternly. 

 

 

 

“Are you sleepy, baby?” Nancy asked and pulled Yeonwoo’s head to her shoulder. Yeonwoo slouched so that she can hug her lover and so that her head can land onto Nancy’s shoulder. Yeonwoo nodded and started taking off Nancy’s denim jacket.

 

 

 

 

Nancy tapped Yeonwoo’s hand that was playfully creeping inside her denim jacket.

 

 

 

 

“Ya, I thought you were sleepy?”

 

 

 

 

Yeonwoo pouted more. “Yes.”

 

 

 

 

Nancy scoffed with a smile on her face. “Yeah right, and here you are doing things to me again.”

 

 

 

 

Yeonwoo smirked and just sunk her head towards the hollow of Nancy’s neck.

 

 

 

 

“Are you going to sleep?”

 

 

 

 

Yeonwoo bit Nancy’s exposed skin (just a little since she was wearing a sleeveless turtleneck) as her reply. Nancy almost smacked Yeonwoo but she considered that as a ‘yes’ to her question.

 

 

 

 

Yeonwoo, as soon as she smelled Nancy’s scent, started remembering what the polaroid said. The picture and the note that she kept inside the pockets of her jacket had a specific weight pulling her down. Yeonwoo’s arms that were around Nancy’s small waist started tightening. She felt her heartbeat go fast as she remembers the threat. 

 

 

 

 

‘This is why we can’t have nice things’, ‘let’s spice things up a bit’ were the phrases imprinted inside her head.

 

 

 

 

She was starting to tear up, as she knows damn well what will happen once the management finds out. 

 

 

 

 

Yeonwoo was selfish, but not that selfish.

 

 

 

 

A tear fell and she was about to start to tremble in genuine horror.

 

 

 

 

She never felt so much fear in her entire life.

 

 

 

 

But it was bizarre to her...

 

 

 

 

It was a mystery to her...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As to how all her fears vanished like snow in dawning spring as soon as she heard Nancy’s faint singing.

 

 

 

 

“Only one you, I‘m in love you...” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeonwoo smiled weakly and asked. “Jagi, what are you singing?”

 

 

 

 

Nancy put her arm around Yeonwoo’s head and caressed her hair. “A song I composed in my head... It’s for the merries...”

 

 

 

 

Yeonwoo‘s smile widened as she realizes how Nancy’s love for the Merries was so much she actually composed a song in her head. Yeonwoo hummed in understanding and started drooping her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s also for you, too, you know?” Nancy admits. All of Yeonwoo’s sleepiness vanished in thin air as her head rose immediately and saw Nancy blushing crimson.

 

 

 

 

Yeonwoo had that adorable baby look Nancy was trying so hard to resist. “Jinjja (Really)? Sing it again, pleaseeee?”

 

 

 

 

“Don’t wanna.”

 

 

 

 

“Baby...”

 

 

 

 

“Andwae. (No way.)”

 

 

 

“Baby girl...”

 

 

 

“No.”

 

 

 

“Love, pleaseeee?”

 

 

 

“N-No.” Nancy kept a straight face and her eyes looking at nothing but her voice failed her.

 

 

 

 

“Jagiya, for me, pleaseee?” Yeonwoo made her tone much cuter than her previous attempts to break Nancy’s weak struggling.

 

 

 

Nancy finally looked at her and held her hand. “It was supposed to be a surprise but obviously I failed.”

 

 

 

Yeonwoo cackled at that. “Why did you sing it to me in the first place?”

 

 

 

“It was because I composed it okay! ‘Only One You’ even sounds like ‘Only Yeonwoo’ which was...” Nancy paused and looked at Yeonwoo for a minute. 

 

 

 

 

“...of course, intended.” Nancy smiled and Yeonwoo legitimately melted.

 

 

 

 

“Wow, I’m starting to think that you love me that much that I’m letting this slide.”

 

 

 

 

“I do love you that much, duh.” Nancy rolled her eyes. Yeonwoo ignored the butterfly war happening inside her stomach. Her heartbeat went erratic. Yeonwoo claims Nancy’s lips just to show her honestly how grateful she is for her existing in the same world she’s in.

 

 

 

 

Nancy giggled and pulled away from Yeonwoo’s lips. “Sleep and rest, Yeonwoo-unnie.”

 

 

 

 

 

Yeonwoo obliged with a smile on her face, and all of her worries pushed at the back of her head.

 

 

 

 

 

In that absolute moment, Yeonwoo hated herself for thinking that for a minute there, she thought Nancy wasn’t worth the fight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heck, Nancy is worth the world she’s in and she won’t give it up just because of a stupid polaroid and a note.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“GETCHOR TICKET!!!! ANNYEONGHASEYO MOMOLAND-IMNIDA!!!!” 

 

 

 

The fans in front of them cheered. They were considerably increasing as the time passed by. MOMOLAND’s really happy with the fact that their fanbase was increasing gradually.

 

 

 

They sang a ‘Happy Birthday’ song to Hyebin. Their surprise was still waiting at the house although Nancy is worried that the food getting cold.

 

 

 

“What if the food in the dorm becomes cold?” Nancy asked Daisy. 

 

 

 

“Hyebin-unnie wouldn’t mind at all since it’s still food.” Daisy giggled. 

 

 

 

Nancy laughed at her unnie teasing Hyebin. Hyebin didn’t seem to hear since she was busy interacting with the K-Merries. Yeonwoo was still holding her hand that the fans love, of course.

 

 

 

(A/N: WE’RE ALL GAY FOR NANWOO TBH)

 

 

 

Yeonwoo seem to notice that Hyebin and JooE were talking normally as if they didn’t almost freeze the dorm because of their cold shoulders toward each other a while ago. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter