GROCERY FEATURING JOOBIN

NEVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“D-D-Did you buy e-eggs?”

 

 

“No. Put them here.”

 

 

Walks toward another food lane.

 

 

 

“H-H-How about b-bread?”

 

 

“No. Put them here.”

 

 

Walks toward another food lane.

 

 

 

“D-Did you buy t-the tubs A-Ahin wanted?”

 

 

“No. Put them here.”

 

 

Walks toward another food lane.

 

 

 

 

This was their routine for like every food lane they walk past.

 

 

Joo Won being nervous as heck.

 

 

While Hyebin being too cold as heck.

 

 

 

‘I’m going to kill Dabin for this.’ Joo Won thought as she fiddled with her coat. She can’t even speak clearly without the mask muffling her voice. She was only thankful that Hyebin can understand her and not come out as a complete, total idiot.

 

 

 

Meanwhile Hyebin, was in the presence of her pain and at the same time, her anaesthesia that she can’t function well. She doesn’t even know what pushed her to go to the Grocery a while ago—heck, she didn’t even know what she bought. She was hoping she bought food or the money they earned will go to waste—she bought what the manager wanted though. The sharp things.

 

 

 

“OH MY HYEB—Are you okay?!”

 

 

 

JooE’s sudden apology startled Hyebin that she stopped walking like a zombie and turned her attention to the blonde girl and a kid who seemed hurt a bit.

 

 

 

Hyebin’s heart jumped at the sudden address of JooE to her. It can’t stop pulsating fast. Hyebin bit her lip.

 

 

 

“Where does it hurt? Aigoo, I’m so so sorry...” JooE hushed but the kid wasn’t even reacting in the first place. Hyebin shook her head and watched the whole thing unfold as if it was sheer entertainment to her.

 

 

 

The kid pointed his foot. Apparently, JooE accidentally stepped on the kid’s foot. “Don’t worry Noona, I’m—“

 

 

 

JooE kneeled and almost kissed the kid’s foot when the kid stopped her. “I’m really okay, Noona! I’m a big boy!”

 

 

 

JooE’s apologetic face broke into a smile. “You’re still young, dongsaeng.” JooE patted the kid’s head.

 

 

 

Seeing JooE smile like that was enough for Hyebin’s heart to feel considerably lighter. 

 

 

 

This was one of the million reasons why Hyebin fell for the Tropicana legend. Her warmth, and her heart that was too kind for this world.

 

 

 

Her heart clenched once more when she realized how JooE just can’t be for her.

 

 

 

Joo Won is too precious of a woman to belong with Hyeb—

 

 

Hyebin’s train of thoughts stopped when the kid pointed her.

 

 

 

“Noona, your boyfriend is waiting, and I’m okay, really.”

 

 

 

Hyebin almost lost her balance.

 

 

 

JooE accidentally sat on the floor. Her impact was loud that Hyebin ran to her automatically and without question. It was a stimulus. A reflex that she created upon herself.

 

 

The ‘no one should hurt Lee Joo Won, not even the floor’ reflex.

 

 

 

“Ya, noona! Gwaenchana?!” The kid helped JooE up and JooE’s flushed face was now entirely written all over her. Hyebin’s arms were surrounded around JooE’s thin waist.

 

 

 

‘Holy Tropicana, Hyebin!’ JooE gasped and Hyebin almost smacked her head. 

 

 

 

‘She should stop acting like I affect her so much because I’m trying to move on. Dammit, Joo Won.’ Hyebin cursed and helped her up with the kid.

 

 

 

“Oooh, you’re like a couple in Korean Dramas my Eomma watch!”

 

 

 

The both choke on their own salivas.

 

 

 

 

“H-Huh?”

 

 

 

“I-Is that a good thing or—“

 

 

 

“It isn’t, JooE.” Hyebin said.

 

 

 

“Eh?” JooE turned to her and looked at her in disbelief.

 

 

 

“What he said wasn’t a good thing?” JooE asked. Hyebin was shocked with her sudden curiosity and friendliness. 

 

 

 

“Yes, it wasn’t.”

 

 

 

“What do you mean ‘yes, it wasn’t’? Like ‘yes’ it’s a good thing I totally agree with what you’re thinking kind of yes? Or ‘it wasn’t’ I totally disagree with you kind of ‘it wasn’t’?” JooE asked while still giving her curious looks. Not to mention that JooE was leaning closer to Hyebin with every word.

 

 

 

“Joobin! There you are! You got eomma so worried!” 

 

 

 

Hyebin almost slapped herself when the kid’s name is Joobin—their ship name.

 

 

 

Is the universe trying to imply something?!

 

 

 

Joobin’s mom—apparently—appeared and scooped Joobin in her arms. 

 

 

 

“Thank you for taking care of Joobin! You two look cute together!” Joobin’s mom said. The two just bowed.

 

 

 

In formality? Or in embarrassment? Either.

 

 

 

 

“I told them they look like the KDramas you’ve been watching, eomma!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter