TRUTH

NEVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIS IS A VERY SHORT CHAPTER, BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE.

 

 

======================================================

 

 

 

“Seriously, the 9 of you should hear me out before assuming things.”

 

 

 

Hyebin crossed her arms. The 9 were now sitting in a circle. The CEO sitting between Jiyeon and Ahin. Yes, even the patients were sitting on the floor.

 

 

 

The curiosity was in the air, and unanswered questions are running in their minds tirelessly.

 

 

 

“First, I’m not M, Y and G. How the hell was that even connected to me?” The CEO started. 

 

 

 

“How the heck did you even know M, Y and G—“

 

 

 

“Nayun, it would be nice if you can let me finish first.” Nayun raised both of her palms as if surrendering. The CEO shook his head.

 

 

 

“Second, my house is literally just beside that alleyway, the assumption is—I guess—understandable since you don’t know my house.” The CEO resonates. Some of the members went ‘ooooh’.

 

 

 

“Third, as for M, Y and G,

 

 

 

 

 

I know them because that used to be M, Y, G and L.”

 

 

 

“What?” All the members asked in unison.

 

 

 

The CEO heaved a deep breath. “I was a part of them.”

 

 

 

Hyebin stood up. “What ‘them’?! Murderers?! Lunatics?! Goons?!”

 

 

 

“Where’s the Y, Hyebin-unnie?” Daisy asked while muffling a laugh.

 

 

 

“Yakuzas?!” Hyebin added after a long pause. The other cracked up as they realized what Daisy meant.

 

 

 

 

“Wow, that was smart of you—OW, JIYEON!” Jeong Ahn yelped when Jane—who was beside her—slapped her shoulder.

 

 

 

 

“By them...”

 

 

 

When the CEO spoke once more, the atmosphere turned serious again. Not even Daisy’s jokes can lift up the mood. JooE wasn’t even moving a muscle or speaking at all.

 

 

 

 

“I meant, the three major entertainment companies.”

 

 

 

 

“W-Wait...” Nancy trails off. “You mean—“

 

 

 

“SM, JYP, and YG, yes.” The CEO sighed. “And formerly... MLD.”

 

 

 

 

The 9 felt like their breaths are hitched back and that once they let go of it, it will be their turn to get poisoned.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“SM, JYP, YG and I go way back,” The CEO started. Now the 9 members were in each bed. Yeonwoo’s and Jiyeon’s. Yeonwoo’s hand intertwined with Nancy’s as the CEO started telling them. “It was some good ol’ days, I have to tell ya.”

 

 

 

 

“Surely they were ‘good ol’ days’ until you knew they attempted to kill Dabin.” JooE scoffed in a serious tone. Hyebin held her hand tighter under the blanket.

 

 

 

The CEO sighed. “Believe it or not, they’re good people.”

 

 

 

JooE was about to oppose when Hyebin restrained her. “Shh, love.”

 

 

 

“Soo Man (SM CEO) is a really strict person. Organized, and can be lethally sadistic. He likes to see us suffering but not in a serious note,” The CEO paused. “At least... before.”

 

 

 

“Young Park (JYP CEO) is the most laid-back next to me. We can literally just chill the whole time on the couch of Soo Man's house watching him and Hyun Suk (YG CEO) quarrel over petty things as usual. Hyun Suk is a bit of a cunning man, and likes to banter with Soo Man endlessly.” The CEO laughed as he reminisced. “As you can see, their personalities resemble their companies.”

 

 

 

The CEO shook his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter