BETTER OFF

NEVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ya, Nancy-ah.”


“Here we go again.”



“I’m awake, you know.” I nonchalantly said and let the hairstylist-nim play with my hair and everything she should fix.



“You don’t have to shout at my ear canal anymore.”



“Oh. Why are you not in the black hole of oblivion? This is surprising...” JooE wondered aloud. I rolled my eyes and sat still.



I really don’t have the patience to play games with everyone right now.



This is a first because I’m usually playful, but...



I sighed.

 


The make-up artist-nim started getting her tools and kits when she suddenly exclaimed while looking at my face.



“Oh my, Seung Ri-ah! Why are your eyes so puffy!? Did you cry?!”



I just looked at her and shrugged. “I must’ve ate something that I’m allergic to. Mianhae.” I implied formally.



All the girls inside the dressing room (mainly, YG, the hairstylist-nim, the stylist-nim and the make-up artist-nim) started to eye me curiously.



“Mwo?” I was starting to get annoyed. It was already 7:30 PM. We’ll be on cue any minute now. The OG will knock on the door later for sure.



Nayun shook her head and walked away from the girls circling me around. I frowned.



Why did Nayun-unnie walk away?
 


“What an alibi.”



“What a lie—“



“IT’S NOT!!” My high-pitched voice probably came out cute when the staff said some ‘aww’s and I just face-palmed.



Damn it, why can’t they sense that I’m already annoyed by their nonsensical claims?



After dolling me up, the staffs packed their stuff as they were walking out to probably work their magic to the OG dressing room. So we waited in our own.



Of course, they bombarded me with questions.



“So...?” Daisy suddenly questioned me with a rising tone. I raised a brow.



“Your mood doesn’t seem to be very... great?” Ahin observed. I ignored them.



Why am I feeling so irritable!?



“Ooooh... is it because you were interrupted?” Ahin deducted and Daisy slapped her shoulder. They both cackled as they exactly knew what Ahin-unnie’s been talking about.



Of course I knew what they meant.



The kisses were still lingering in my neck and I can still feel a soft sensation touching it.



I closed my eyes sternly as it started happening again.



Started replaying.

 


Then it all comes crashing down to me.



That won’t happen anymore—never again.



I rejected her.



I rejected Yeonwoo-unnie.
 


I rejected the woman I love.



I have no reason whatsoever to feel pain.



But why am I reacting like this?



Why does it hurt so much when I imagine her smiling?



When I imagine her laughing?



Why does everything about Lee Da Bin hurt me?



I looked at JooE who was now grinning—I smiled faintly.



That’s it, Ju Won. I smiled to myself. Keep smiling. It’s what you deserve.



I looked at Daisy and Ahin who was still cackling and giving each other knowing stares.



You’re in love with the same girl, but you guys are still laughing with each other. I pondered as their laughs echoed through my ears.



It was a symphony.



A melody.



My unnies’ happiness sounds something of harps and violins—a complete, pleasant tranquility.



It matters to me the most.



I won’t be the one to destroy those smiles.



Just because of these feelings I have for Yeonwoo.



“Babo. We just talked—” I tried to explain but stopped midway when my voice was suddenly shaking.



Nayun-unnie suddenly looked at me. I somehow caught everyone’s attention.



Their smiles faded as they turn their heads.



The silence decided to stay and witness something I, myself, aren’t aware of.



“Nancy?” JooE’s voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter