Salvage

Affection

"Hyung, not coming with me?" asked Hongbin to In Guk. He shook his head slightly, maintaining that signature smile on his face. "Nah, I need to go back to the filming location. Send my regards to Hakyeon." He was about to drive off when he remembered something, "Hongbin-ah!" The younger one turned around, surprised at the sudden call. "Remember what I've said earlier, alright?" Hongbin scanned his face for few seconds before he gave him a nod. In Guk has been a source of strength and he has always been a very nice senior within their company.

He felt bad that he had to receive all these when In Guk's also facing backlashes from netizens about his withdrawal from army. The people in the company know better than the netizens outside who only know how to criticize without knowing the real facts. Being an artist who are constantly under scrutiny of the public, it was never easy. One wrong move and it could condemn us for whole life, never being able to step back into the industry for good. It was as if the public owned the people which Hongbin have been thinking of recently. It was scary that they are being executed through unofficial petitions and unreasonable and mean remarks which sometimes doesn't make any sense. 

Hongbin thought that his time in this industry was over as the video of him berating Hakyeon went viral and that was why he thought leaving the group was the best thing and he almost made up his mind to just... disappear but somehow the talk with In Guk yesterday has changed his perspective quite a bit.

"If you love your group, fight for it. When you succumbed to pressure around you, you only invite more satisfaction, laughter and mockery from people who wishes to see you fall. In fact, you'll lose even more than you imagined."

Hongbin looked up to the tall hospital building, standing near the main entrance ignoring the busy crowds in the early morning.

"I know Hakyeon loves you, he loves all of you. Even when he was troubled, he lighted up at mentioning all your names and works you'll participated in outside Vixx. He refused to share what was bothering him yet he selflessly shared his dongsaengs' successes to me. I never knew what it's like to be adored by an affectionate hyung since I'm a soloist but I would love to have such hyung beside me if I have one and never let him go. So, Hongbin-ah, you go and apologise to Hakyeon and towards your groupmates, the company and finally the public. It's okay not to be accepted by them and continuing to get backlash. We are not here to compromise to them nor wanting to get a green light from them. We are here because we want to and for the sake of the people who never gave up on us, that's what we are here for, understand?"

Taekwoon managed to call Hongbin through In Guk's phone when they are on their way to the hospital earlier on.

"Hongbin, I just want you to remember that it was not your fault and never blamed yourself for whatever happened to us. You are my family and we should protect each other. Also, Hyuk have told Hakyeon about you. I..." He paused for a moment. Hongbin could hear his soft voice cracked. "I want you to hold on to him, hug him as strong as you can and tell him not to worry. Do what you need to do and just let Hakyeon be at peace and able to rest after this, can you do that Hongbin ah? Also, don't mention about my injury. It was a total mishap and would add another worry to him."

"Hyung... I don't know if i'm able to do that..."

"Hongbin ah, this is the best I can do for him for all the things I've done to him. I'm doing this because I don't want our group to break and see Hakyeon suffers from all these. Don't you think the same too? We are all doing for the same reason, Hongbin ah. Without Hakyeon, I don't think Vixx can last this long and without Vixx, I don't think I have the strength to continue with what I'm doing now."

Hongbin slide open the door. Hakyeon and Hyuk who were already awake since the maknae broke the news of Hongbin several hours ago, were feeling anxious and couldn't get through Taekwoon as usual. "Hello." Hyuk stood up instantly, his face brightened up after a torturing days of waiting for news of his hyung. "Hyung! You are back!" Meanwhile, Hakyeon was still in his bed although his eyes were glistening with tears as he could not take his eyes off Hongbin from the time since he entered. Hongbin walked to the other side of the bed slowly, Hakyeon pushed aside his blanket, his arms were stretching out unknowingly.

Hongbin automatically threw himself at his hyung, into his embrace as both cried their hearts out, obviously both been supressing their emotions these days and the outburst was felt by Hyuk who teared up silently by the side. "I'm sorry hyung!" Those were the first words he uttered. Hakyeon shook his head, his cheeks were still wet and tears still flowing down, hushed him as he patted his back. "You're back safely, that's what matters to me now. I'm thankful, Hongbin. That you are safe. I'm so thankful." He tightened his hug while Hongbin couldn't think of any words to say to comfort his hyung. 

Taekwoon's phone vibrated. The nurse was in the midst of cleaning the wound on his arm. "It's healing quite fast, I'm surprised." Taekwoon did a slight nod and glanced at his wound. His face scrunched up a little. Falling sick or getting injured were the last thing he could hope for, since as an idol these two things idols need to stay away from or hopefully prevent themselves from getting it.

He received a message from their group chat.

As he looked at his phone, a smile slowly worked its way across his face and into his eyes.

Hyuk secretly took a photo of both his hyungs hugging each other tightly and sent it to the rest of his hyungs.

"I guess it all went well." - Hyuk

At that time, he glanced at his wound again now with a half smile expression etched on his face.

"Guess, there's still goodness behind all that has happened." he thought.