Disappointment

Affection

"Hakyeon don't fall sick often like I do and that makes me feel guilty for being sick since he shoulders heavy responsibility and always need to face the camera to promote and talk about Vixx. So it came to a point that I'll become sensitive if there's something happens to him, like if he got sick or injured, I'll be the first to be nervous and concerned about his condition to a point I would cry."

excerpt from Leo's solo interview 

---

After all packed, Hakyeon came out from his room to be greeted with silence. Hyuk's off for his family trip while Hongbin and Jaehwan were nowhere to be seen.

"Where are you going?" alarmed at the sudden voice booming over his shoulder. He turned around to see a messy-haired Taekwoon standing by the door, eyes half-opened.

"I'm going to Busan for shooting. I told you a month ago." Taekwoon walked over to the kitchen. He looked up. "No breakfast?" 

"What? I need to go now. I thought your dongsaengs might be here to prepare for you. Apparently, they're gone." Hakyeon was about to go, dragging his luggage along when Taekwoon hollered. "Whip something up for me fast before you leave."

Hakeyon looked at him in disbelief. 

"Jung Taekwoon...you..."  The sudden request had him lost for words. "You know I need to go now right? Why can't you just whip something up yourself?" His eyes were still on Taekwoon whom doesn't keen on listening.

"I'm still lethargic, Hakyeon. The musical practices and staying up late at nights really drained my energy. Please?" 

Hakyeon threw his bags down in anger. "Do I look like I'm your servant? Stop being so childish, Taekwoon. Your behavior now somehow irks me."

"Fine! If you don't want to, I'll just do it myself. Just go. Your presence irritates me too. Just leave." He slammed the cabinet doors and stormed back into his room.

"Who does he think he is?" he mumbled, still grumpy over Leo's childishness.

---

10 mins before the start, he was already prepared from makeup, outfit to his script. N has always been a meticulous in whatever he does and through that he earned praises from producers for his apt attitude. “3, 2, 1 Action!” N was all smiles, tried his best not to cause any NGs for the production staff.

“Cut! Alright, that was good. Hakyeon, good take. Everyone, thanks for the effort.” Hakyeon was on his way back to his room when he overheard the actor he interviewed earlier on talking about Vixx.

“Vixx? Who’s Vixx? Is he a hotshot? Like EXO? Bigbang? Who’s Cha Hakyeon? I have to lie in front of camera saying I know which group he belongs to. Can you believe it?”

“Oppa, he’s an idol.”

“Never heard of him.”

“He debuted the same year as EXO.”

“Then, why I didn't hear of this group before?” The woman realized Hakyeon's presence at the side all these while listening to their conversation. She gave a slight awkward bow as apology. Hakyeon forced a smile and headed back to his room.

He slumped in the big chair, eyes shut as he let those words been heard earlier on lingering around his mind.

Actually Hakyeon has been feeling down recently because he felt he's not doing his best as Vixx leader. Even though Vixx is on its 6th year, it doesn't seem to go the way he had always wished for.

"I wish Vixx to be recognised by people regardless of how old or young, how far or near. Anywhere."

But he realized to achieve it was another thing. It was hard. In addition, they are one of the top groups that are seldom invited to variety shows, where he felt s could shine but was not given the chance because the public view towards Vixx was not as inviting as those popular ones.

His thoughts was cut off by someone knocking on the door. It was the same woman he stumbled upon earlier.

"Hakyeon-sshi, i came here to deliver your lunch." Her tone was awkward but could see she was trying to cheer him up.

He took the bento. "Noona, thanks."

"I'm sorry about earlier on. I had to explain to him..."

"It's ok. He doesn't know. You had to, I understand." he tried his best to show her a smile.

"Good to know that. I'm Vixx fan. You know that. I'll always be supporting all of you." Hearing those words brought so much comfort especially genuine fans like her who assures their idol not to overthink and just do the best they could. "Thank you again, noona."

----

Taekwoon was on his bed, listening to songs for inspiration when his phone vibrated.

"Cha Hakyeon?" he sniggered. He continued with his work but then his phone just kept vibrating.

"What does he want?" he thought. He watched as his phone just kept ringing and it was the 5th call he received from him.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" He finally gave up and answered the damn call.

"Taek..uhh Taekwoon-ah."

"What?"

"Can..can uhh Can you come here?"

"For?"

"I'm hurting...hurting badly."

"Why must I?"

"You.. are the only one I can count on."

"Really? Cha Hakyeon listen, you have your other dongsaengs to count on, not only me. What makes you think they are less competent in trying to understand your worries and problems? If you are hurt, just eat medicine and rest. What's so difficult about that?"

Silence crept over the other side. Then, it got cut off.

Surprised, Taekwoon looked over at his phone for a moment thinking his words already pissed Hakyeon off before resuming his song-writing activity.

 

Meanwhile in Busan, chaos ensued as many people are infected with acute food poisoning due to the bentos consumption. Production crews and the staff involved were lost for words and there's still incoming ambulances on their way the fetch the affected ones.

Everything seemed blur to Hakyeon after his short-lived conversation with Taekwoon. "." he thought. He wondered since when Taekwoon became so cold-hearted that his condition right now didn't seem to bother him at all.

The pain was eating him within as if his insides were torn apart gradually to a point Hakyeon even thought whether he's able to get out of there alive.