Exhaustion

Affection

First thing in the morning, Hakyeon received a call from his CEO regarding a personal matter.

"You mean me? The rest not included?" asked Hakyeon.

"Just you only. It's not about Vixx. I need to talk to you." he said.

"Hyung? wake up! Why are you mumbling in your sleep?" Hyuk woke up his Wonshik hyung during their free time since Hakyeon have not reached yet.

"Huh? Oh, Hyuk-ah. Sorry, I accidentally slept. Are we going to practise any time soon?" he asked. Hyuk shook his head. "Time for lunch. He's not back yet from CEO office. I guessed something must have happened."

"Wonshik-ah, you really look tired that you can actually collapse anytime, you know that?" said Hongbin, who just came back with their lunchboxes in hand.

"I can't help it. Producing and practising comes together. I have to juggle between the two. Furthermore, I'm still stressec over my missing ring. It's so devastating." said Wonshik, massaging his throbbing head. Hyuk noticed he didn't even touch his lunchbox. "Hyung, eat first." He looked concerned.

"I have no appetite. I just want to sleep. This headache hurting me much too." He was struggling to stand straight while keeping himself awake, swaying left to right almost knocking into them.

"It's all Hakyeon hyung's fault." Hongbin just casually remarked. "He jolly well knew his so called schedule don't work with all of us and Wonshik have his other responsibilities within Vixx, why is he like turning a deaf ear?" he asked.

"Anyone can abuse his authority, even Hakyeon hyung too. I guess he let greed overcomes him. " Hyuk added. 

"You all eat first. I'm just gonna do some warmups and practise some steps. You can eat my share." It took him much strength to be able to stand up and move as his other two maknaes looked over, feeling pity.

"I swear if-'

Before he could finish his sentence, they heard a loud crash at the other side of the room. 

"Wonshik-ah!" Hongbin, Hyuk and Taekwoon, who was talking to one of the production team crew, was alarmed by the loud crashing sound and what he saw shocked him for good.

"Wonshik-ah!"

"Hyung!"

All three rushed towards Wonshik, who lay unconscious on the ground, not showing any signs of movement. "Wonshik-ah? Wonshik-ah, wake up!" Taekwoon tapping his cheeks but he was not responding.

"Someone call the ambulance!" Hyuk shouted.

-----

"Hakyeon, I truly wish you would consider what I've just said."

"Hyung...I... I don't know if that's a good idea..."

"CEO Hwang!" Both of them turned, see someone running towards them.

"What happened Soowon-ah?" He knows every of the crews' names and that's impressive as a boss.

"Wonshik...Wonshik, he collapsed. Ambulance on the way." The words were fully delivered despite panting so hard.

"Wonshik collapsed?" asked Hakyeon. He nodded fast.

"Hyung, I'll talk to you later. I got to go." His boss understood. "I know. Get going. Wonshik's more important."

-----

"He''s exhausted. Blood pressure is low and he's not been taking regular meals. He needed an ample rest." said the doctor once he came out after checking on him. All four of them listened intently.

A while later, Hakyeon arrived. He saw the doctor and knew the rest been notified about his situation. He slowly walked over, knowing they gonna roast him in some ways or the other.

Taekwoon saw Hakyeon as he approached. 

"Look what you have done. He overworks himself to meet your expectations and ended up at the hospital, are you happy?" he shouted.

Hakyeon knew whatever he's gonna say, they are gonna attacked him back because this time, clearly it was his fault for taking advantage of Wonshik.

"As much as I don't want to admit, you are getting worse, hyung. You're a disappointment." Jaehwan strive to prove Hakyeon by not siding with him this time because his hyung was clearly in the wrong.

The doctor already allowed them to go in and visit him. Taekwoon held his hand out when Hakyeon was about to join them. "Except you. I'm not done with you yet. Stay here and wait till I come out."

"Poor Wonshik, he's sleeping so soundly that he couldn't even hear us calling him." Jaehwan his hair gently. Hyuk and Hongbin stood at the other side of the bed, looking at him sleeping soundly.

"How can we punish Hakyeon hyung for this?" asked Hongbin.

"I'm thinking..." Taekwoon replied.

"He must be held responsible for making our Wonshik so worn out like this." Jaehwan said his piece. Hyuk looked at him. "Make him attend to Wonshik hyung then."

"But we need to practise together." said Hongbin.

"That's up to him to plan for himself. We are not going to care on that. He needs to be responsible for something he'd done wrong." Hyuk explained.

Still not on good terms with his maknae but his plan sounds reasonable enough to teach Hakyeon a lesson. He nodded slightly, signalling to Hongbin he agreed with Hyuk's plan.

"Let's just do that."

"I'll go talk to him now." Taekwoon made his way out of the room.

------

"What you mean by I'M THE ONE attending to Wonshik? You're kidding me right?" Hakyeon turned slightly, facing Taekwoon properly.

"You're responsible for all this." said Taekwoon.

He let out a long sigh, burying his face in his hands.

"You realized what you have done wrong? Not only to Wonshik, but to the rest of your dongsaengs?" Taekwoon found a chance to have a slow talk with him.

"I've done nothing wrong."

Taekwoon sighed. "Okay, I guess I shall not continue further. You go in after we're done here."

----

It was already eight at night. Finally, the rest were done and already on their way home except for Hakyeon who was diligently waiting for the rest to go before he could visit Wonshik.

He slide the door open slowly. The image of Wonshik lying lifelessly on the bed somehow painted an overwhelming guilt in him. He never thought of this consequences as he tried to be heartless towards them. As he succumbed to the negativities, he forgot that these people are the ones he loves so much. He sat on the chair by the bed quietly, not even try to talk to the sleeping Wonshik.

Did I just go overboard? Is this what I meant by "teaching them a lesson" at the expense of their health? Am I really human to mistreat my dongsaengs to the brink of exhaustion?

"I don't need a heartless hyung to accompany me tonight. Go home." Hakyeon was surprised to see Wonshik was actually aware his presence all this while. His eyes were still closed.

"Just pretend I'm not here. You wouldn't care anyways."

"Hyung, did you do all these on purpose? Because of what I've said?"

"I'm not childish."

"Liar."

"Enough said."

"I'm starting to hate you, hyung."

Hakyeon winced upon hearing those piercing words. Never he knew it could hurt that much coming from him.

Unknowingly, his tears starts to fall.