Comfort

Affection

"Sorry guys >.<, my laptop went for a repair and I hate to use the phone to type because of the screen. So i had to wait for quite some time till my laptop resume working and now
 it's working fine! I appreciate your patience."

 

"Ya Han Sang Hyuk, let me off!" The strong maknae holding on to Taekwoon's arms and dragged him into the kitchen.

"Sorry hyung. I don't wish the house to get more chaotic than now. I have no choice." Hakyeon ran into his room, picked out his clothes randomly, threw it to Hyuk.

"I'm sleepy, Hyuk-ah. I don't want to eat medicine now. I want to sleep."

"You can sleep later. Shower only takes 5 minutes. I'll stand here. If you try to go out, I'll make sure you sleep in the toilet instead." Hyuk was guarding the door.

"I'll make him a quick porridge."

The toilet was not far from the stove. Hyuk standing there, he's able to see the back view of Hakyeon cooking the porridge. There was a moment of silence except for the sound of the running water indicating Taekwoon has started to shower.

Standing there feeling bored, Hyuk would eventually glanced over at Hakyeon a few times. Meanwhile, the hyung would put the ladle aside a few times as he massaged his neck due to the muscle aching all over his body. At one point, due to a massive ache spreading across his neck to his shoulder, he whimpered in pain. Hyuk witnessed everything yet didn't say anything nor showed any reaction towards it.

"Hyuk-ah..."

"Hmm?"

"Turn off the stove after around 20 minutes. Put it in the bowl. The medicine is in the small white box in that cupboard. Make sure he finishes the porridge before taking the meds."

"Aren't you attending to him?"

"Nope, my presence would make him lose his appetite. I'm heading back to my room first."

It was 3.30am in the morning. Everyone already settled in their room fast asleep except for Hakyeon whose insomnia which creeps back and this time worst than before. He used to be able to sleep at least 3 hours during the Voodoo Doll promotion where things gets hectic with consecutive comebacks. But now, he could at least sleep an hour or just be awake throughout the whole day.

In the dark, he sat on the dining table thinking back the words Taekwoon said to him.

"I know my presence can always irritates people. Taekwoon, I wish you can understand what I'm feeling too."

Then suddenly he heard a door creaked open.

"Who's there?" The person asked him.

"Hyuk-ah. it's me." Hyuk was quite surprised to hear Hakyeon's voice at such timing.

"You're not sleeping?"

"I can't sleep."

Hyuk switched on one of the lights which lighted up just directly above the dining table.

"Why are you awake?" asked his hyung.

"I'm thirsty." Hakyeon just nodded.

Then Hyuk paused in the middle of the walkway and turned facing Hakyeon.

"Want me to do up a drink for you? Hot milk?" Surprised by the offer, he awkwardly nodded.

----

"Did Taekwoon finish his food?" Hyuk nodded as he took a sip of the tea he made for himself since he couldn't drink milk. 

"Are you having insomnia again, hyung?" He was about to take a sip but put down his cup back again. "Nah, just couldn't sleep."

"It's been a while..." Suddenly Hakyeon muttered something again.

Hyuk looked at him. "...that you asked me out of concern."

Hyuk smiled awkwardly. "Yeah..."

Things are still awkward between them but having them sitting at the same table and conversing normally was a truly good progress.

"I didn't know Taekwoon hyung's stubborness was that astonishing." Hyuk changed the subject to avoid any more awkwardness.

"He's an epitome of a drama queen. Stubborn like a real man but whine like a little girl." Hakyeon joked. Hyuk couldn't help but laugh to the truth.

Hakyeon smiled as he looked at the laughing Hyuk. That cold night eventually does not feel cold with the blinding smile that radiates warmth around him made everything feel so calm and soothing.

"That's why I make sure to ask him occasionally if he's feeling fine and attend to him fast if he ever gonna get sick."

"Stop babysitting him hyung."

"I wish to but I''m used to all these. I can't bear to see him sick."

"He's old enough to take care of himself. You'll not able to free yourself of such responsibilities if he doesn't change."

Hakyeon looked at Hyuk. It dawned upon him about responsibilities. Hyuk's reminder made him realized that he's carrying or rather he's used to carrying other people's burden and made them his which eventually became a habit. Unnecessarily adding more burden to himself.

"How taking up lots of responsibilities makes one even more sensitive or even stressful - how true is that?" he said pointing at his head, indicating by doing so it only add more burden to the mind.

"I admit I went too much during that Live and I thought since Taekwoon hyung didn't say anything, he totally didn't take it into heart. From that, I learnt to set a limit in order not to overstep outside the boundary that I've made and I'm responsible for my own actions. Hyung, you don't need to take the full responsibility from this and make yourself even more stressed but you wish to do that everytime things goes wrong and it frustrates me how can I talk my way out from it."

Hakyeon remained silent. Hyuk thought maybe his words have hurt his hyung in the process of trying to explain his stand.

He placed his hand on top of his.

"Hyung, are you-" He looked at his hand. It was not his first time holding firm to his hyung hand since they usually have hands movement in their dance steps or high-fived each other whenever they achieve something good.

He gripped his hand, now with both hands, in such inexplainable words. His eyes were expressing some kind of surprise yet shocked.

"What happened to your hands?"

Hakyeon tried to pull back but Hyuk was obviously too strong for him.

Hakyeon's hands are generally big but not as big as his. Whenever they clapped each other's hands, hakyeon's hands would just nice fit into the shape of Hyuk's but that moment Hyuk was utterly surprised to see he's able to cup Hakyeon's whole palm within his grip and the spaces between his fingers are wider than usual.

Hyuk finally able to have a clear view at a closer look of his hyung in a detailed perspective directly under the light.

His jaw was defined and polished, the neck was small than usual but veins could be seen popping at either sides of it. Hyuk's gaze eventually paused at his facial features.

His eyes were gaunt, sink deep with heavy eyebags, the puffy cheeks he used to have now seems to flatten or probably gone.

"Let go off me, Hyuk. It hurts."

Hyuk was not even applying much pressure while holding onto his hands.

"Comfort Hakyeon hyung whenever you can"

Those words now seems to bear resemblance to what he just saw.