Decision

Affection

Hongbin was wandering around the streets of Garosugil, his presence hidden under the hood of his jacket. He had a brief catch up with Gongchan over the phone since his friend was not free to meet him in person.

"I've told you, didn't I? Eventually, it became a poison. For both of you."

"I.. I don't know he's not well all these while and that was why all the offers he gave them to me."

"Believe me, even if he's not sick, he would do the same. He loves you, Hongbin-ah."

"I blamed on him something that he didn't do. It was all due to my jealousy. I'm a bad dongsaeng, a very bad one."

"Ok, Hongbin-ah, I need to hang up soon. My advice now for you is to take time off and reflect on your actions before you meet him again. Then, do whatever you think it's right. Okay, chingu? I wish you good luck. Anything update me."

---------

"Ya, ya did you see the video? That vixx group?" The passing remark caught him by surprised. He looked up, still well hidden under the hood, and saw few girls gathering around each other as they view something from the phone. He moved himself closer, few steps at once in order not to raise any suspicions.

The voices in the video became audible as he approaches. It became clear and eventually familiar.

His eyes widened. "That...isn't that?" Hongbin somehow got the gist of what the video was about.

"Cruel..he made Hakyeon collapsed just because of a shirt?" one of the girl casually remarked.

"But that's not the main point. He have issues with his leader. This kind of people, could never go far in life if they continue to envy others."

Hongbin seems aggrieved by her words.

"Yeah, he should just exit from the group while the situation is still easy to handle." The rest agreed to her comment instantly. Hongbin, on the other hand, felt demoralized with what he just heard.

"I should just quit, right Hongbin-ah?" he asked himself.

-----

"What are you doing?" asked Hakyeon.

"Making the bed. For you to rest. You had a long day without a proper rest."

"What about you? You can lie down beside me though." Hakyeon smiled.

"I've had enough of rest these few days. I'll sleep when I'm sleepy."

"But Taekwoon-ah..."

"You are a patient. Even here, I'll treat you as a patient. You ran away from hospital because of me. Nah, I'm not going to accede to any of your request. Uh uh, no."

Hakyeon looked disappointed. Taekwoon noticed.

"Anything you want to let off your chest?"

Hakyeon suddenly looked surprised but he didn't say anything.

"Come, lie down first. I guess you want me to babysit you today, baby Hakyeon." Hakyeon smiled in embarrassment. 

"Wait, that baby Hakyeon, it's been since debut since you didn't call me that! How could you use it again?" Anyone dares to call Hakyeon nicknames would get a neck slice from him but Taekwoon was an exception. 

"Of course, now you are acting like a baby wanting me to tuck you to sleep, right? Cha Hakyeon, I know you too well."

Taekwoon broke into a smile.

-----

Hongbin reached outside his dorm. He closed his eyes for a moment, thinking of what he's going to do ultimately would be a best solution to the current problem. He thought he might be the poison that naturally corrode the entire group.

He entered. '"No one's in." He let out a sigh of relief. The rest are currently at the office because of him.

Hongbin took out all his luggage, throwing all his clothes in it without a proper arrangement which is so unlike of Hongbin, a neat freak.

Then, his eyes noticed a photo frame situated just beside his wardrobe. The photo, his first award winning photo during Voodoo Doll comeback. Hongbin was standing awkwardly with Hakyeon arms wrapped around him, his head leaning towards him while the others are squeezing each other with hugs.

Those were truly happy moments. A genuine ones. 

Hongbin wondered when those feelings began to lose its value.

When everyone have something to do individually, it's natural to grow apart but he guess in this case, everyone had their fair share of enjoying success in their own craft that eventually, the dynamics of being in a group, gradually became distant.

"Hakyeon hyung truly loves me." he said.

"He loves all of us." he continued. "But I wasted it away, abandoned it like it wasn't something precious. Do i deserve his love for me anymore?" he put back the photo back to the same original spot.

As he strode out of his room with his luggage in tow, he looked around the dorm for the last time. Bad and good memories somehow flooded back naturally. His moments with Hyuk and Jaehwan doing laundry, with Taekwoon learning about music composition, with Ravi talking about Vixx and their future.

As he recalled, tears trickled down his cheeks.

------

"Not sleeping?" Taekwoon re-entered the room only to find Hakyeon still lying on the bed, unable to sleep.

"Can't sleep." Taekwoon sat down by the bed. "Are you thinking of something? You know you're not supposed to." He poured Hakyeon a glass of water. The hyung sat up and looked at him as he gulped down instantly.

"Where did you go?"

"Don't you know the sceneries here are so freshly breathtaking? I love to take a walk outside."

"Oh..yeah you're right..."

"Something bothering you?" he asked. Hakyeon's eyes flickered as he bite his lips.

"I've been thinking... I should have been more vocal. I should have care more. I should have been more gentle and patient with all of you. If not such things won't happen. Comeback cancelled, my health.. I feel i've burdened everyone with my situation."

"You didn't want this to happen right? It's unavoidable. There are some things that's not within our control, Hakyeon. Furthermore, if I could be frank, your personality as someone who cares too much because you're the leader has become partly responsible for your state right now. You have us. Rely on us, instead of carry the burden by yourself. You've seen how Wonshik and Hyuk grew after they knew about your condition. You should be proud and it's time to change. Not only you, me, the rest of us. For the better." Taekwoon patted his knee, assuring him that whatever the outcome is, he'll still support Hakyeon's decision. Hakyeon smiled.

"You know why I love having heart to heart talk with you, all these while we've been missing out on these conversation? You are truly one in a million, Taekwoon. he said, his eyes somehow were sparkling with happiness.

I'm curious as to why you're able to have this kind of conversation with me and not the rest." asked Taekwoon.

"Because, only you who's able to see through me and my feelings. It's weird but yeah, you're that kind of person I can't never be dishonest with." Taekwoon looked at him endearingly.