Search

Affection

When Wonshik relayed the message over the phone, Taekwoon closed his eyes momentarily, breathing in as much air as possible and letting it out in such a long heavy sigh. He glanced over as he saw Hakyeon in a deep sleep, his head resting on his shoulders.

"He's not there? His bags are gone?" Taekwoon brought the phone closer to his ear again.

"Yes, hyung. We are a little too late in stopping him. How can we announce this to Hakyeon hyung? I'm quite anxious now." Hearing Wonshik's slightly trembling voice does triggered something in him. He glanced over at Hakyeon, making sure he's not awaken up by his conversation.

"I'll update you again."

He let out another sigh. "Sir, can you take me to the hospital instead? Thanks." He looked over again and relieved to see Hakyeon's still in his deep sleep.

"Hakyeon-ah, wake up. Hey." He nudged his shoulder slightly.  Soon after, Hakyeon slowly woke up, Taekwoon could see those eyes were trying to stretch open and he didn't wish to interrupt his sleep.

Hakyeon looked around, rubbing his eyes. Not sure if his eyes are playing on him or he might have been in the wrong place, as he saw people in white robes and blue uniforms running around about at the entrance of what it seems to be an emergency entrance.

It finally dawned on him that he's at the hospital. His eyes suddenly shifted towards Taekwoon, demanding for an explanation.

"Aren't we going back to the office? Why are we here?"

"Listen, Hakyeon. You need to recuperate. Leave all these things to me, okay?"

"No, Taekwoon. I'm the leader. I ought to be there and lead you guys."

"Listen to me! Okay, sorry I didn't mean to raise my voice but I wish you in a better state to lead us, Hakyeon. You can't lead us with you abandoning your health like this. I forbid it. All I want is that you stay here and recuperate. I'll ask the rest to accompany you."

"Something went wrong, isn't it? Your sudden change of action sending me to hospital when you already promised me to go back together. Something happened right? Tell me Taekwoon?" Hakyeon pull the side of his shirt. Taekwoon couldn't bring himself to look at him in the eye.

"Hongbin ran away." Although uttering those words in a rather low and quite inaudible to other people around, Hakyeon heard it.

"What?" he just couldn't believe what he just heard.

"He took his stuff." Taekwoon took a deep breath. "And I'm going to find him now."

"I follow you." Hakyeon shifted his hand now holding on to his arm. His eyes glanced briefly.

"No, stay here. I'll make sure to bring him back and have him sit in front of you."

"He's not at Gongchan's?" Taekwoon's silence meant this time Hongbin really did go somewhere he doesn't want to be discovered.

"I've asked him many times but it seems this time he doesn't know." Biting his lips, as his eyes occasionally glanced at Hakyeon. He knew the leader is worrying that Hongbin is not at Gongchan's place since he always go there whenever he's feeling down or had a tiff with the members.

"Taekwoon-ah, I..."

Taekwoon pulled Hakyeon into his arms as he patted his back gently.

"He's going to be fine. Trust me that I'll bring him back safely. You promise me not to think too much and go and rest. If I come back and see there's no progress in your condition, I'll make sure you'll regret. You know I have no qualms in making you feel guilty."

He knew Hakyeon was trying to hold back his tears as he didn't acknowledge what he said earlier on.

"Ya, did you hear what I've just said?" He gave a hard slap on his back, which had Hakyeon yelped in pain for a moment.

"Ya, that was super painful, Jung Taekwoon." He wiped off the tears around his eyes as he whimpers in pain.

"The kids will be here in a while." Taekwoon gathered strength to flash a tiny smile at Hakyeon.

"Are you going to find him alone?" asked Hakyeon.

"I'm accompanying hyung." Hakyeon turned around to that familiar voice and saw his three remaining dongsaengs, excluding Hongbin. All of them flashing their smiles as they approached their hyungs just to assure their dear hyung they are going strong.

Jaehwan automatically stick to Hakyeon's side as his arms locked with his. "Hyuk and Jaehwan hyung will be here to take care of you. We'll find Hongbin-hyung, don't worry." said Wonshik.

At that moment, Hakyeon felt something different as his eyes glanced at each of the members.

His gaze from the maknae all the way to Taekwoon, somehow he felt a sense of relief. The assurance that his dongsaengs just gave him seems like something he's been longing for it. Something that keeps him alive inside, that makes him feel invaluable to this small family.

"Am I seeing things? Am I hearing things?" he thought.

The assured looks they gave him was something he couldn't forget that moment. Somehow his non-rejection towards Jaehwan's arms locking shows how things have changed since then. For Hyuk & Wonshik's care towards him made him appreciate their presence even more. Also, Taekwoon's reaction towards his condition was not what he expected. In fact, he's much stronger now, albeit with the crying and bawling he just did but he took in just fine and embrace him like he always used to.

"Why didn't I do them earlier if I knew this good feeling of being cared of?" he thought again.

At that point without other people noticing, he shook his head slightly in disbelief as he smiled to himself.

Not knowing that Taekwoon's has been looking at him from a distance with a subdued expression.

"Cha Hakyeon, I'll promise to be a good leader on your behalf while you're nursing back to health. If I can do this much for you, I'll be thankful and considered myself forgiven of all the bad things I've done towards you. I'll bring back Hongbin and reunite all of us. It doesn't matter if by then Vixx still exists or not. We will always be together as 6. I'll promise you that."