Facade

Affection

Just to make up for my mistake earlier on, here's another chapter for the week.
Enjoy guys! >.<

"Guys...any..anyone there?"

"Hyung?" Hyuk hovered over Hakyeon, who's finally awake. He heaved a sigh of relief as soon as he saw his face.

"Hyung, you're finally awake!" Hyuk's accidental scream woke up Hongbin off the sofa from his deep sleep. "Whut? What happened?" he looked around only too see the other members gathered around Hakyeon's bed. He quickly wiped off his dried saliva off his mouth and quickly joined the rest.

Hakyeon looked around, scanning each of the members' faces and his tiny smile tells them that he remembers them.

"Hyung, feeling better now?" asked Wonshik.

"Huh? Yeah, feeling much sober now I guess. How long I've been unconscious?" he asked, his eyes darting around as if he's searching for someone. Jaehwan knew and instantly directed his focus away to himself.

"3 days. You've been sleeping like a log. No one sleeps that long, unless in a coma." Wonshik elbowed his hyung discreetly.

Hakyeon tries to let out a forceful laugh but he was still weak.

"No need to laugh to everything hyung. Now you are still weak. You need a lots of nutrients to get back those energy you've lost. I'll cook for you." Hakyeon instantly lifted up both of his arms and made a cross sign.

"Just feed me the hospital food will do, Wonshik-ah. Don't torment me any further." The members laughed and Hakyeon was able to but with only a little bit of energy. Then, his eyes found its way to Hongbin, who was standing the edge of the bed, a bit further than the rest. Hongbin was not smiling. Hakyeon stared at him.

"Why are you standing there by yourself, come here. Join the fun." Everyone was surprised by the neutral tone coming from Hakyeon. Hongbin himself too was taken aback.

"Hyung...I"

"I what?" Hakyeon looking at him breaking into that childlike smile, baffling everyone in the room. "Come, sit here." He tapped at the empty space of his bed. Hongbin was too reluctant to walk over. "Just go, hyung." Hyuk mouthed his words as low as possible.

"Where's Taekwoon?" He changed topic as soon as Hongbin settled beside him. He occasionally glanced over at Hongbin who was still quite unsure how to react to Hakyeon who seems clueless of what happened between them previously.

The rest exchanged worried glances, hoping someone could come up with a feasible excuse.

"Taekwoon hyung is busy. You know the plan of releasing solo album most likely to come true, yeah. He's sort of working towards that." Wonshik was the best person to describe Taekwoon's schedule in a "workaholic" point of view.

Hakyeon pouted slightly. His expression didn't show any signs of sadness nor disappointment. What could it be that he might probably forgotten what truly happened before he collapses?

As soon as everyone out of the room, Wonshik wanted to see the doctor. The rest agreed and felt that they needed to know whether their hyung is absolutely fine or otherwise.

"It depends on his memory. If it was too stressful for him at that point of time, he might not be able to remember a part of it or even the whole duration that specific event happened." Wonshik and Hongbin seated facing the doctor while the other two standing, all of them listening intently. 

Hakyeon might not remember what happened before he collapse. He might be questioning anytime soon about their shangrila performance and assume that their performance haven't take place. All of them were throwing possible scenarios might happen on their way back to his room. Hongbin, especially, finds it hard to explain if Hakyeon ever remember bits and parcel of that painful memory of him attacking his hyung verbally. How are they going to explain?

"Ya~" He shouted once the members entered the room. They were quite not ready for any questioning from his hyung.

"W-What? What's wrong hyung?" asked Hyuk.

"Where's my phone? I can't find it." asked Hakyeon.

"We-We forgot to bring it. It's with manager hyung. We don't know you're gonna wake up today." They last thing they ever wanted was for their hyung to find out what had happened, especially Taekwoon's sudden disappearance.

Their CEO did mention that Taekwoon left a message to one of the crew that he's going somewhere and assured him not to worry as he's trying to gather his thoughts but that doesn't subside their worry that Taekwoon might be somewhere out there possibly getting into any sorts of trouble anytime, especially if he fall sick. That would be disastrous.

----

Eventually, night greeted them as one by one the members went back, only Hongbin remains. He was quite hesitant when Hyuk, the second last to go back as he have a personal matter to attend to in the early morning. Hyuk assured him that it's going to be fine and since Hakyeon couldn't remember, he advised him to play along with the conversation. 

When Hongbin re-enter the room, Hakyeon was still wide awake despite it's already midnight.

"Hyung, you're not sleeping?" His eyes shifted, looking at Hongbin. He shook his head. Hongbin scrutinized his expression and noticed his teary-eyed look. His eyebrows furrowed. He took his seat. Hakyeon turned his face the other side, facing against his dongsaeng.

"Are you okay hyung?" he asked.

"Why aren't you going back?" There was a slight pause. "I..I can handle being alone here." His tone felt distant compared to how he spoke to him earlier on.

"I'm truly fine being here, hyung. No worries. You can just rest. I'm cool." Hongbing tries to liven up the deadpan atmosphere.

Hakyeon sighed. "Hongbin-ah, are you ashamed of me?" His eyes widened. What was that supposed to mean? Those words sent a sudden shiver down his spine. Hongbin froze.

"What.. What do you mean being ashamed of you. There's no such thing.." Hongbin tries to laugh it off.

"Having such a weak leader, a hyung who's not strong to lead all of you. I truly , don't I?" Upon hearing those words, Hongbin became silent. He couldn't gather any more words to deny his statement.

Hakyeon remembers. Everything.

"Hyung... I'm-"

"Before you say anything, pass the phone to me. I need to call Taekwoon. I know he's not here. Please."

Hakyeon's back was still facing Hongbin as he spoke. Putting up a facade in front of everyone in order not to put any hurt on his dongsaengs and himself. Hiding behind his true disappointment and self-blame, putting a brave front in order not to let any of them worry for him. Hongbin knew at that time he couldn't explain himself because he didn't expect Hakyeon to remember everything and now he knew he was just putting up an act in order to save Vixx and didn't want the group to put any blame on Hongbin because of what happened.

Hongbin teared up as he placed his phone at the table next to the bed.

"I'm sorry hyung. I'm truly sorry. But just remember hyung, I've never think of you as a weak leader or a hyung that fails to do his responsibility. It was me who failed to realize the greatness of a leader you are and the preciousness of your presence in my life. i threw that away for a moment and I saw you as a rival. Blame it on my greed and prospect of wanting to be known and recognized and eventually putting blame on you for always overshadowing my path to being a star."

"Just...go, Hongbin-ah. Leave me alone for now. Alright?"