Support

Affection

"Is Hakyeon hyung ok?? Is he okay?" asked Jaehwan repeatedly on the phone.

Taekwoon assured him he's fine and well taken care of. He assured the rest not to worry and ensure Hakyeon won't know about Hongbin's situation.

"Where's Hongbin?" he asked.

No one could answer.

"To be honest, we don't know where he is right now. He disappeared the same time as Hakyeon hyung left the hospital." said Wonshik.

"Did you check his room? Did he take anything with him?"

"No...but why should we -"

"Just to ensure he didn't run away. Again." Taekwoon made a point. Hongbin did try to run away once before debut and it was Hakyeon who brought him back.

"Righttt..ok hyung. I'll check on that. I'll inform you if there's anything."

---------

Taekwoon requested the staff at the lodge to cook some healthy breakfast for both of them.

"That's some healthy feast."

"I've told them to use less or no oil at all. It taste good though."

"Taekwoon-ah.."

He looked up. He was in the midst of skinning the fish meat out for Hakyeon. 'Hmm?"

"I miss my dongsaengs. Can we go back today?"

"Why? They are doing fine. You are doing fine here, having a break far from the busy city."

"It just that, i feel that our work is not done there. We have to go back."

He couldn't agree enough but as he looked at Hakyeon he noticed something's not right.

"What kind of work you're referring to?"

Hakyeon stuttered. "Erm, you know our performance and such. Our comeback especially."

"But we postponed it to a indefinite date until you're fully recovered. That's not the reason for us to go back now."

He put down his cutlery.

As he stared at Hakyeon, whenever he couldn't look at him in the eye as Hakyeon wanted something from him, he knew something was amiss.

He sighed.

"Why can't you just tell me straight?" asked Taekwoon.

"You knew?" Apparently Hakyeon was surprised he knew about it since his phone was in the room the whole time.

"I got to know yesterday night. I took Hongbin's phone. There was a call from office."

So the whole walk he took was a cover afterall.

"Hongbin's parents texted this morning. I read them." As much as Taekwoon wanted to keep this from Hakyeon, he knew he couldn't keep it from him forever. Furthermore, it has blown up to such a big matter and the people wanting Hongbin out of Vixx became increasingly higher.

"Didn't he hurt you with his words? Isn't this the better time for him to go out and explore what's good and bad for him to experience himself directly?" asked Taekwoon.

Hakyeon couldn't gather his thoughts. He sat there quietly without replying to him.

"I would have let him go if I were you. He wanted the fame so much for himself. Let him have it." Taekwoon's eyes occasionally glanced at Hakyeon, to see if there's any reaction.

"But Taekwoon-ah, he's not ready for that. The entertainment world is such a cruel place if he were to go out there fighting for his life just for the sake of fame and popularity. I've seen how my sunbaes barely living and had to up to people richer and popular than them just to survive, hanging on to the same ladder, being in the same spot everyday. I can't bear to see Hongbin having the same fate as them."

"But for him to understand what your position right now, he has to go out there and experience them, isn't it? If he's still going to be the same ever then what's the point? What's the purpose of keeping him in the group?" asked Taekwoon again, 

Hakyeon glared at Taekwoon.

"Are you hoping Vixx breaks up, Taekwoon?" The younger let out a sigh. "I'm not implying about that -"

"Then why are you so adamant about all these? Don't you have a heart? Can't you spare some thoughts about salvaging the situation right now?" Hakyeon's slightly raised voice somehow bothered Taekwoon.

He just slammed the cutleries on his plate.

"Yes, it's because I don't have heart, I said all these things. It's because I care about your wellbeing so much to a point I feel so much guilt in here, Hakyeon." He pointed at his chest. "To a point I don't care if anyone else suffers because they don't have the right and because they too deserved them for treating you like a piece of trash."

"Taekwoon-ah..." He don't expect such words coming out from his mouth.

"We are mostly responsible for what's happening now, Hakyeon. Let us do what's needed. If Hongbin's thick-skinned enough, he would be at home by now. He knows now he's at fault." Taekwoon was about to leave when Hakyeon suddenly grabbed his hand.

"Taekwoon-ah, I need your support. Don't ever leave me please. I beg you. If you leave, I...I don't know how I can survive after this." His grip tightened. Taekwoon closed his eyes, hesitantly standing there trying so hard not to let his emotions go wild.

"Please Taekwoon. I need you. I need your support. I need you in order for me to stand up strong and eventually bring us six together again."

It was painful for Taekwoon to see Hakyeon begging him to stay. There were times where their opinions clashed and ended up bickering but he thought it was not as painful as now, with them just reconciled and he still feels guilty over the irreversible damages done towards Hakyeon, he knew any bickerings from now on would be just as painful as how he hurt Hakyeon in the past.

Taekwoon wiped his cheeks in silence. "Stop begging me, Cha Hakyeon. Please." There was hesitation in his voice.

Hakyeon thought Taekwoon was not relenting despite his action so he gradually let loose the grip off his hand but then Taekwoon suddenly grabbed his hand back, surprising Hakyeon. He looked up.

"Don't let go of my hand that easily, Cha Hakyeon. Let this hand of mine guide you whenever you needed me."

"Thank..thank you, Taekwoon-ah." Words couldn't express his contentment towards Taekwoon whom he could depend on and trust.

"Ok, let's go back. Alright?" Wiping off his tears, Hakyeon nodded, his smile returned to his lips.

Hakyeon's smile warmed his eyes as both of them headed back home.