Outcome

Affection

When Hakyeon ultimately unveiled what happened to him in Busan, Wonshik couldn't contain his tears anymore. He didn't realize how his hyung are fighting against these alone and without these members he called family by his side and when he needed them, they are simply not there or don't care.

He realized how much hurt they have inflicted upon him as time goes by, his disappointment turned into unresolved anger which made the members even distant from him as he was being very irrational.

It was understandable of him not to rely on his dongsaengs for support but it was not okay if he decided that suffering alone was the best because what are team members for if they are not there to support the group as a whole.

As he told him about his painful experience holding on to dear life in Busan, his hands started to tremble again. His tears seems to fall seamlessly as he got comfortable with Wonshik in sharing his unspoken words. Wonshik held on to his hand and put it on top of his knee.

"You know you don't need to count on Taekwoon hyung only."

Hakyeon looked at him.

"I think I'll able to do it too. Share your worries and such. I have a part in your responsibilities and I know it's unfair for leader to carry it all. I recently became one. I have my own studio and people to take care of and I got to learn how hard to lead them, scold them, love them. I truly realized now how hard it is hyung. You leading Vixx for 6 years despite of the hardships. I truly respect you in every ways."

Hakyeon looked down at his hand, which Wonshik was holding on earnestly.

"You said you don't like me to touch you. Skinships or anything like that...this means?" Hakyeon looked up teary eyed. Wonshik gave a tiny smiled.

"It's my mini skinship time. I never said I've approved of you touching me. I'm still uncomfortable hyung."

"So when can I touch you?" asked Hakyeon with a serious face.

"Hyung...that one I -" Soon after, Hakyeon broke into a tiny laughter.

"Do you even need to think of that? I'm just joking. In fact, I'm truly glad you are honest, Wonshik. if not, I truly don't know what's going through in your head, forcing yourself to like what other people do to you." Hakyeon slowly put his another hand on top of his, noticing that his dongsaeng didn't react to his touch and he heaved a sigh of relief.

"There's a reason why I scolded Hyuk. There must be respect even though we joke and make fun of each other. In the end, we need to respect regardless of age. He's so talented but what's the use if he lacks manners and respect? We'll never live up to our group name." Wonshik seemingly agrees.

They kept talking and talking without realizing it's almost sunrise.

"Hyung hyung! Sunrise!" He pointed towards the sun.

"We should make a wish." Hakyeon looked at Wonshik, who agreed.

"I wish my jiwon-ie won't find a boyfriend anytime soon until I agree to her being in relationship. I wish Vixx will be more popular..."

Hakyeon chuckled even before he's able to make a wish. He knew how much he adores his little sister, being protective and such. It was understandable that his main concern and wishes has always been his family because all in VIXX are practically similar.

Both were about to head back when Wonshik called him from behind.

"Hyung, since this is our first sunrise together of the year. Okay, I'm about to get cheesy from here. Bear with it." Hakyeon was looking at him endearingly, obviously much more relaxed than before.

"What is it?"

"Let me give you a hug. A solid one."

Hakyeon rejected him while laughing. "It's going to be strike two of our skinship."

"Well, I did say just now you are allowed to touch me three times a day at least but this is solely not counted as I was the one who initiated it. I want this hug to represent a new chapter between us and also for future of Vixx. Like what I've said earlier on, I wish to ease your burden and nurse you back into the old hyung I knew."

"Well..."

"Can I?"

Hakyeon hesitated but eventually Wonshik hurled himself into his arms and hugged him tight and cosy while patting his back to give his hyung assurance he needs. Hakyeon reciprocated, his arms wrapped around Wonshik's back as he whispered in his ears. "Thank you so much, my dongsaeng. Thank you."

"Sorry hyung. It's supposed to be a getaway but we ended up not sleeping and heading back to Seoul now. You need to rest. You've not been sleeping well these days."  They had to be on the way back earlier than expected.

"It's okay. I'm not even sure if I can sleep or not. I'm kind of losing the ability to sleep recently."

"You think too much. Try relax your mind."

"There's too much things i don't know whether I can relax. We still have performance next week. I've forgotten some moves for Shangri-la no matter how hard I try to recall them."

"It's normal when you are very stressed out. If you don't mind, just come to my studio. I'll practise with you."

"In that purple environment? Are you kidding?" asked Hakyeon, pretended to be surprised. "I could barely see a thing except for your screens. It hurts my eyes." He rolled his eyes.

"Purple is my favourite color..." Wonshik sounded sad that Hakyeon don't really like his studio.

"I might accidentally step on bada$$ if he ever runs around." 

"I'll make sure he stays grounded in his bed." Wonshik tried to assure him.

"For goodness sake. He's a dog, not your son. Even if you trained, would he listen?"

"He will listen to me! Because I'm his father."

Hakyeon shook his head. "A dog-fool father, to be exact." He smiled.

Wonshik let out his silly laugh. "Dog-fool father. I like that."

------

------

He recalled the conversation he had with his CEO.

"What's going on with hyung?" Wonshik asked his CEO.

"There's nothing majorly wrong with him. It's just that recently he had a full body checkup. His blood test came back quite abnormal. It shows quite abnormal magnesium deficiency in his body system and as a result he got easily stressed and his body gotten worse over the time."

That explains his hand tremors and his inability to control his stress he witnessed previously.

That is why I decided the best way is to shorten the promotion period so he could rest and get his health back. I wanted to halt the promotion but he refused." Wonshik raised his eyebrow.

"Is it because of me?" he asked.

"Not only you, Wonshik-ah. Everyone. He doesn't want to burden since everyone works hard to produce such high quality comeback."

Wonshik remained silent. It took him quite a while to ponder whether what his hyung doing was an act of selfishness or sacrifice.

-----

-----

"Both." he thought. He finally found the answer after the talk throughout the night. He was being both selfish and rather sacrifice himself for the sake of other people's happiness. He knew how the members anticipated this comeback badly but he couldn't simply let himself to be that obstacle that obstructs their path to happiness.

Wonshik teared up again silently as he drove back to town while he turned around as he watches Hakyeon struggling to fall asleep even though he knew his hyung was very tired but seeing how his health affecting even his daily life routine, his heart did ache for him.