Bad Start

Affection

Everyone gathered around the meeting room. From the CEOs, to the producers, stylists, marketing managers, finance managers to VIXX themselves, in every meeting they strive to make each comeback an impactful and memorable one.

The members were sitting beside each other except for Hakyeon, who chose a seat at the opposite side.

"So everyone's here. Let's start today's meeting." said his CEO.

His assistant started the meeting by informing everyone about VIXX's comeback and members individual's programs.

"Since Leo accepted another musical prior to our date confirmation, we need to push forward. Good news, we have producers from overseas, Ravi already gave us his sample songs. We've heard it, Good ones, the members need to hear them too, Wonshik." He nodded at Wonshik, who seemed not to be putting his full concentration towards this meeting.

"Wonshik? Hear me?" asked the CEO's assistant.

"Uh? Oh, yes. Yes. I heard you."

"Next, concepts. Interesting part, any ideas guys? Just throw in whatever you have in mind."

Not only the guys, but their managers too gave their inputs. From the hilarious cosplays to the serious godfather themes, the members are sure their managers are secretly creative in such things.

Then, Hyuk suggested pantomime. Of course being Vixx, it's going to be a pantomime with a twist.

"Why do you think this concept is viable?" Hakyeon threw in the question.

"Because I've heard some of the songs Wonshik hyung composed, and the idea of dark pantomime kind of fits." he explained.

"What about other songs? How can you deduce from just his songs that pantomime concept could tie through the whole album?" asked Hakyeon again. Hyuk clearly looked frustrated by his endless questions.

"Then, what you suggest?"

"What do you mean? I have not listen to any demos for me to decide something. The rest of you have listened to Ravi's demos?" Taekwoon nodded, Jaehwan glanced at Hakyeon several times before nodding. Hongbin also nodded.

"Ravi-ah, I'm the only one yet to listen. You are so mean. Let me listen to them later."

----

"Your purposely trying to embarrass me right?" Hyuk suddenly stood in front of Hakyeon. His hyung look away, not trying to come into eye contact with him. Hongbin was tugging at his dongsaeng's arm, hoping he won't start a fight.

"I'm being professional." he replied.

"It doesnt seem that way to me." Hyuk took few inches forward. Hakyeon gradually stepped back.

"Enough Hyuk. Don't start it again." said Taekwoon who was standing looking out the window. Hyuk looked at his hyungs.

"But he obviously trying to put me down! This hyung. Why are you doing this to me?"

"Do what?!" Hakyeon pushed his shoulder slightly. "What did I do just now to make you flare up at me like this? Did I hurl abuse at you? Did I put you down? Are you thinking that you're above everyone else, you want me on your knees? Han Sanghyuk? I should be the one asking WHY are you doing this to me instead."

Seeing Hakyeon flaring up was not the first time for the members. They're already used to it or to be frank tired of his antics since the first time both of them fell out due to Taekwoon.

"Hyung, stop it. Why are you flaring up over small things? I can feel Hyuk because your questions seems like you're putting him down." Hongbin defended.

Hakyeon looked at each of them. "Are you all like ganging up against me? Do you understand my point? Guys? Wonshik-ah?" He turned to Wonshik, who didn't bat an eyelid.

"Don't be nonsensical, Cha Hakyeon. We are a team, why we would-"

"Team?" His eyes widened upon hearing his words. "Am i hearing things, Taekwoon?" He let out a big sigh. "You are all bunch of contradictors. Like the worst ones." Jaehwan stood in front of him, directly at the exit door. "Step aside, Jaehwan." His dongsaeng was looking at him full of pity. "I say step aside, I want to go out. GO!" He still didn't budge. He pushed Jaehwan aside with all his might despite his petite body and finally managed to free himself out of there.

----

That night, Hakyeon popped over at Wonshik's studio to listen to the demo songs. Even before he entered, he could feel the uncomfortable, stuffy atmosphere within his surrounding and when he went in, he could see a static, stiff Wonshik at his seat welcoming his hyung.

"Let's start." Wonshik played the songs and throughout that time, he was not facing his hyung at all. Hakyeon thought the hints were too clear.

"Wonshik-ah, can you stop it for a while. I need to talk to you." He paused it.

"Turn around. Look at me."

He slowly spinned his seat facing him although their eyes were not met.

"Look at me in the eyes. Please." Wonshik slowly lifted up his head, his hat covered most of his facial features so Hakyeon wished to see him face to face.

"Am I that uncomfortable to you?" That direct question sent him into a frenzy as his eyes became slightly unfocused.

"Tell me the truth, so that I know what to do from now on."

Wonshik remained silent.

"Or am I bothering you that much that you are kind of irritated with my existence?" he desperately wanted an answer from him.

"Hyung..."

Hakyeon waited.

"i don't wish to tell fearing you will be sad."

"It's okay. Tell me. I love truth now although they hurts but that's lot of better than pretense. Come on."

"I need my space..."

Hakyeon nodded. "I'm sure there's more...continue."

"Your existence sometimes disrupt my creative flow. I have a lot of work to do."

"Anymore?" he asked again.

"Please stop with all those skinships of me. It's uncomfortable. None of my friends do that as much as you."

"But why Jaehwan can but not me?" he asked.

"Because I feel comfortable with him. Natural thing, you know."

"Okay. I got it."

Wonshik looked up at his hyung. He looked calm and rational.

"Wonshik-ah, if I tell you that from now, I'll not do those things like you did mention, is it okay for you?" Wonshik continued staring at him.

"I'll grant your wish." Without even resuming the demo songs, he stood up and was about to leave when he turned around.

"You know what Wonshik, as a dongsaeng that I favor the best out of the members, you truly disappointed me the most. Somehow, tonight really told me that these answers were your true feelings about me all this while. I have to thank you for being finally honest after all these 6 years being in denial."