Genuine

Affection

Sorry, it was a slow update these few weeks. Truly busy with work but I'm still gonna update this fic regularly. Not to worry!
 

Wonshik and Hyuk managed to pull Hakyeon out of the bed for a morning exercise.

"Next time, if you can't sleep till morning. Have a walk after the sun rises, absorb the sunlight. You'll be able to sleep better."

Hakyeon was half-listening since he's still feeling sleepy. "Ya, Cha hakyeon!" Hyuk's loud voice instantly woke him up.

"Aish, you little punk." Hyuk instinctively went behind Wonshik for defend.

----

"Ya, Kim Wonshik, if we gonna have the same food as we had the past few days, save it for yourself. I'm gonna eat out at this rate." said Taekwoon.

"But why hyung. It's healthy."

"Yes, it is to a point I want to puke."

"Stop complaining." Hakyeon sudden remark blows him off.

"Really Cha Hakyeon, don't you feel so? This food is only for sick people." Hakyeon stared at him.

"Can't you be more appreciative of those two who willing to learn how to cook? Instead of complaining when you yourself can cook?" Hakyeon raised an eyebrow.

"Who the heck put my pure cotton shirt with the other material in the laundry?!" shrieked Hongbin as he walked to the living room. "Who?"

"Who?" Hakyeon thought. He looked at Wonshik then Taekwoon. Jaehwan was sleeping and Hyuk's in his room.

"Not me." taekwoon was quick to be exempted.

"Hyung..." Hyuk came out of his room.

"Hyuk-ah."

"Sorry... I was the one who put it."

Hakyeon looked at him but somehow this whole situation bothers him.

"Hyuk-ah! Do you know this is a sponsored shirt? You've ruined it till like this. The color from other clothes totally sink through. How am I supposed to answer to them?" Hongbin's eyes widened with anger.

"I'm sorry hyung. I didn't see the label and just dumped them together." He stood there apologetically.

"You shall compensate for this. Pay me!"

"How...much?"

"$1,500." Hyuk gasped. "That's...expensive."

"I don't care. You pay for this mess."

"Ya, Lee Hongbin. He already said it was an accident. Why must he pay for it?" asked Hakyeon.

Hongbin scoffed. "Hyung, if you don't know anything just keep quiet, okay?"

"Manners, hongbin-ah." Wonshik warned.

"How can I stay calm, Wonshik-ah. This is a sponsored shirt I need to return it soon." The atmostphere's tension heightened as no one dares to say anything after that. Hyuk could only silently stand there looking at his frustrated hyung holding onto his damaged shirt.

At some point, Hyuk glanced at Hakyeon, who somehow noticed and wondered why he's giving such expression to him.

-----

Hakyeon was in his room when someone knocked the door. He turned around to see Hyuk and Wonshik peeking through the slightly ajar door.

"What are you both doing there? Come in."

They sat on the floor against the bedframe near to their hyung and both were signalling each other through their eyes. Hakyeon spotted.

"What is it?"

"Hyung, there's something I need to tell you." said Hyuk.

"Yeah, hyung.. I think it's best we don't keep it from you."

He looked at both of them. "Ok, what is it?"

"That hongbin's shirt. Don't you have a slightest memory of what happened?"

Hakyeon stared at his maknae for quite some time but then, that question appeared somewhat suspicious.

"No, not really. But it kind of bothers me." His eyes were still staring at Hyuk, somewhat think something was very fishy then.

"Wait.. Hyuk." He looked up at his hyung.

"Wait, wait a minute." Hakyeon suddenly stood up.

"Hyung?"

He turned around anxiously. Wonshik starting to worry a bit. "I vaguely remember holding on the shirt. I remember taking it from a pile of mixed dirty laundry and threw it in the washing machine." His mouth gaped open.

"Hyuk-ah..." He gazed at his maknae, then at Wonshik as he rendered speechless after finally remembered the whole forgotten sequence.

"I...I was the one who destroyed his shirt?" His legs turned weak out of sudden. Wonshik rushed over and guide him back to the bed.

"I'm sorry, hyung. We have to break the news this way but we don't want to hide this from you and in the end you'll get hurt if you happen to know. We are those that don't hide secrets, right Hyuk?" Hyuk nodded in agreement.

"But...but. Why can't I remember anything about it just now? I let Hyuk being scolded for nothing. I even sat there, thick-skinned without knowing it was my doing."

Hyuk patted his thigh. "You just forgotten about it. We understand."

"No guys, you won't understand. Am i getting worse? Will i forget more things in future?" he asked worriedly.

"Hyung, now it's the time we seek professional help." Hakyeon looked at Wonshik. "Before it's too late hyung. Now only you forget things, what if next time it gets worse? I don't want to see you suffering like this. You need to get better."

"But..but.."

"Hyung, if you don't want, I'll have to tell your parents -"

"No! No! Don't tell them. Okay guys, I'll go. I'll go but don't tell them anything okay?" Hyuk smiled as they gotten the green light from Hakyeon to seek help from doctor finally.

"Now that's my boy." Hyuk pinched his hyung's sunken cheeks. "Ouch!" The maknae could only smile.

Jaehwan who just woke up overheard the conversation since the door was not shut properly.

"Hakyeon hyung was the one?"
"Professional help?"
"What's wrong with hyung?"

He went back to his room and took his phone to call Hongbin.

"Ya, hongbin-ah. Where are you?"

"I'm going for my script reading. Why hyung?"

"It's about the t shirt. I just heard about it."

"Yeah, man. My life just ."

"Hakyeon hyung did it?"

"Huh? No, it was hyuk."

"But i just heard them talking and said hyung was the one who did it."

"Are you sure?" asked hongbin.

"I'm damn sure I heard correctly."

"Then why hyung didn't admit? Why make Hyuk admitted to it?"

Jaehwan's not sure if he should include the "professional help" he just heard.

"This is getting suspicious now I'm observing Hyuk and Wonshik are getting closer to Hakyeon hyung each day."

"Right? Hakyeon hyung used to irritate hell out of us and Hyuk's not on a good term with him for quite long."

"That old man felt lonely I guess so he admitted he was wrong and win their hearts back again." hongbin snorted.

Jaehwan on the other line, was silent, contemplating whether he should tell Hongbin what he heard from their conversation.