Finding Hongbin

Affection

Sorry for the long wait. Been having company & personal trips past few weeks and real life getting busy. >.<
- - - -
 

"Are you sure hyung?" Taekwoon dialed his manager hyung once he got a message from him.

"Some starlights actually tweeted in their account that they saw someone who looks like Hongbin in Sinchon area. The pictures weren't clear but the person looks very much like him." he said.

"Can they be trusted?" he asked.

"I'm going to there now. Meet you at Sinchon. The Dok-Bang cafe. In an hours' time."

"Really? He is now at Sinchon?" Wonshik asked.

"Well, no harm trying. Now we have no clue where he could be."

"Should we inform Hakyeon hyung and the rest?"

Taekwoon shook his head.

"Unless we found him, don't update him when necessary. He needs to focus on his health."

When they were approaching their car, Taekwoon's phone rang again. This time it's his hair stylist noona.

"Yes, noona. What's up?"

"Taekwoon-ah, I heard news from my niece. She just saw Hongbin near Yeoido on her way back home."

"Yeoido?" That was quite distance from Sinchon. He thought probably he's just walking by.

"Might be he's taking a walk there? I just heard he's at Sinchon."

"Ani..she said she saw him going up to a hotel in Yeoido. He might be staying there."

His eyebrows furrowed as he turned his head slightly. He looked at Wonshik. "Are you sure?" he asked her again.

Wonshik asked him as soon as he hang up the call. 

"Wonshik-ah, you go to Sinchon and update me. I've to go Yeoido for a while."

"But for what?" he asked.

"Someone say Hongbin's staying there so I'm heading there to check."

Hearing the reason, Wonshik nodded his head in agreement. "Ok, go go. Update me if he's there, alright?"

Taekwoon tapped his shoulders, assuring him that he'll update him as soon as possible. He set off in a cab, heading towards his destination.

---------

As the cab headed to the location of the address that his noona gave him, he took out his phone and called Hakyeon. In order not to add the demoralization to their current state, Taekwoon greeted Hakyeon in a normal upbeat way.

"Rested enough?" asked Taekwoon. Although he's glad Taekwoon called, he also hope that he'd bring some news about Hongbin.

"Had around 3 hours of sleep this morning. I'm still thinking of Hongbin..." Hakyeon paused. He knew he kind of said the wrong thing. Taekwoon, on the other hand, remained silent.

"Taekwoon-ah..."

"It's okay. I can't force you anyway." He took a deep long breath and breathed out slowly.

"Hakyeon-ah, once Hongbin's found, what are you planning to do?"

"Honestly... I don't know." Hakyeon's ambiguous reply raised his curiosity.

"I just want him back safely first. We can settle the rest later."

-----

By the time, Taekwoon reached in front of the hotel. He dashed out straight to the reception counter and asked for Hongbin.

Although the reception knew him, she couldn't disclose their guest's details to anyone, even they are related as part of the law.

"But I'm , we are in the same group. Tell me which room he's staying in."

"Sorry Mr Jung, but we can't disclose any details although we know you are related."

His teeth sunk through his bottom lips, frustrated that he's just an inch close to reaching Hongbin yet so far. Scratching his temple slightly, not knowing what to do next, he asked if he can wait at the lounge while she call for him.

"Mr Lee's currently out of the room. Yes, you may sit down and wait for him. Sorry for the inconvenience."

He quickly took a seat without even listening to the end of her sentence.

----

News were quick to circulate in the social media about Hongbin's disappearance. It was received with mixed reactions from starlights themselves. Some were sincerely worried about Hongbin and Hakyeon's wellbeing while some felt Hongbin made an apt decision to leave while Vixx are resting while some others just truly mocked the whole group, especially Hongbin and Hakyeon who got the most backlash for being a bully and a weakling etc.

"It , isn't it?" said Hakyeon as he scroll through his SNS account with the overflowing comments regarding Hongbin's absence.

"Don't get it to you easily hyung." Hakyeon shook his head slightly as he held Hyuk's hand. "Don't worry, I won't be. Just that I felt sad. I've always thought starlights are united and they supported us because of their love towards us. So when this kind of things reflects so badly towards Vixx, we finally see their true colors. It's saddening somehow." He said what he felt. The others seems to agree.

"Hyung did say that sasaengs are not starlights but I couldn't really define these kind of groups who just abandon us when we're in some kind of trouble." Jaehwan, who's cutting some fruits, chipped in some words. "I would say they are still our fans but because they don't see our perspectives and there's no one whom they could put their trust on. We can't really blame them for thinking that way."

Hyuk nudged his hyung. "Our Jaehwannie hyung... since when you've such mature thinking. He's grown up, right Hakyeon hyung?" Hakyeon nodded. Hyuk noticed a slight trace of smile on his face and he felt uplifted for a while knowing it somehow comforted his hyung. Jaehwan was trying to concentrate on his apple cutting. "Ya, I'm your hyung for a reason."

"Any news from Wonshik & Taekwoon hyung?" asked Hyuk. He knew once they go to this topic, Hakyeon shook his head with a sullen expression on his face.

--------

Taekwoon told Wonshik to go back first since he's still waiting for Hongbin to come back. "Are you sure you can handle alone, hyung? Don't need me?" Wonshik asked on the phone. "Ya, I'm just bringing Hongbin home. Not a wild pet. Why would I need extra pairs of help?" he hollered, obviously getting increasingly impatient as the night falls.

He glanced at time on the phone. 11.20pm.

Hongbin's usually will be back before 10pm, settle down until he goes to sleep. It's rare that he's outside at such timing. It has been 5 hours since Taekwoon patiently waited for him at the lobby.

Then, a while later, a familiar figure enters which made Taekwoon stood up instantly.

"YA! Lee Hongbin!"

Hongbin, who was obviously startled and surprised to see Taekwoon in front of him, turned around and walked out of the hotel.

"YA! Where are you- Aish." Taekwoon went after him.

Hongbin didn't run away, he walked off, not wanting to see any of the members nor even talking to them. Taekwoon kept shouting, calling Hongbin's names but it fell on deaf ears. He continue walking.

"Ya! Lee Hongbin! Stop where you are now! Please, I need to talk."

He turned around. "What's there to talk? It's over."

"It's not over and decision does not lie in your hands, you dumb. Let's go back."

"Isn't this what everybody wanted? I'm fulfilling it now." He continue walking while Taekwoon is shouting his off, trying to persuade Hongbin.

"Enough, Hongbin. It's childish, you know!"

"Whatever, hyung. I'm doing what's best for Vixx and us."

"Please, Hongbin. Enough of your selfishness. Don't do things based on what only you think is the best for us. Hakyeon... Hakyeon is waiting for you."

His footsteps screeched to a halt. He turned around again, this time, stood still froze as he thought why would his hyung waits for him regardless for what he have done towards him. "Why would he waits for me? I did him wrong." he asked.

"He loves you, dammit. He loves us. He loves VIXX. He's the only idiot whom I know in my life that loves people around him more than himself!"