Temporary

Affection

"I want you guys to know if I ever have such episodic memory loss again, please don't abandon me. Hold on to me tightly."

Hyuk suddenly embraced his hyung tightly as he struggles to keep his tears from falling. Wonshik buried his face in his hands while Hongbin trying to decipher the current situation.

"What just happened?" Hongbin's eyes never left Hakyeon, who was staring into space, those expressionless eyes somehow made his heart ache a little.

"I'll fill you in later. I think for now we need to inform them. The performance needed to be cancelled."

"But..but. Hakyeon hyung wanted the performance to go on even if something goes wrong. He said that, didn't he?" Upon realizing the situation was much more dire than he expected, he rushed over to his hyung.

"But we can't never perform as 5. Never, Hyuk. VIXX is all about being 6. Although he said those words, to be honest, I can't never agree to it. Now, hyung's health is priority. He needed to go to the hospital now. His condition is getting serious. Hongbin-ah, can you notify manager hyung to drive his car here. I need to call Sejun hyung and inform the PDs about this." Wonshik walked up the stairs and when he looked up, he saw Jaehwan standing by the door, who appeared to be there the whole time since the start.

"what you've just said... are those true?" Wonshik remained silent.

"Wonshik-ah, is it true??" Jaehwan suddenly looked flustered. Wonshik nodded slightly.

"Hyung..."

Jaehwan looked at him, resisting his urge to go over to Hakyeon's side. 

"I don't wish to see you cry, hyung. I'm sorry I said those harsh words just now. Can you follow me? To be honest, I can't do this alone." There was a tiny crack in his voice as he muttered those words. Jaehwan silently nodded.

------

"What do you mean by cancelled? You need to drive the van over? For who?" asked Taekwoon, being the only member left in the waiting room and suddenly was informed their performance was cancelled last minute.

"Hongbin called. Something happened to Hakyeon." one of the staff relayed the message.

Hearing his name made his blood boil. 

"What that guy has done again?" he asked.

"I'm not too sure. Hongbin didn't go through in detail." That time, Jaehwan and Wonshik appeared in the room. Taekwoon was expecting them rushing over to him, having the same reaction to the cancellation news but they stood there, facing the crews who were obviously unhappy with the sudden change of plans and felt their time were wasted the whole day.

"I'm sorry guys. I truly apologised for the sudden news. We sincerely apologised for our actions."

"What actually happened, Wonshik-ah, Jaehwan-ah?" asked one of their close friend stylist.

"Something cropped up suddenly. We are not in the situation to explain in detail. You'll hear it soon."

"Everything's fine right? I mean, we never had this problem before."

Both of them nodded, assuring them everything's fine. Taekwoon walked over to them.

"What Hakyeon has done this time that our performance have to be cancelled? He always never fail to irritate me."

Jaehwan glanced at his hyung.

"We need to go to the hospital now." Surprised, Taekwoon looked at Jaehwan hoping he explained his words in detail.

Jaehwan closed his eyes for a moment, taking one deep breath.

"Hakyeon hyung is sick."

"Sick?" his reply was barely heard. He grabbed his wrist. "What do you mean he's sick?" Jaehwan couldn't reply as he's trying hard to hold back his tears.

"I don't wish to repeat this. Just follow us first. I'll explain to you, Hongbin and Jaehwan hyung in detailed later." said the cool yet calm Wonshik.

-------------

Meanwhile, SNS were filled with dissatisfaction amongst fans who attended the special performance only to be notified of the cancellation. They brought up the inefficiency of VIXX team and the crew due to such last minute unfateful kind of event.

"How can they just cancel as when they like? We needed to be notify earlier."

"Such a disappointment."

"What's VIXX anyway. A nobody. I'm glad I was not there."

Then, news of him being seen at the hospital spread in the social media and news reporters. 

"Hakyeon's sick? No wonder the cancellation. Hope for a speedy recovery."

"They could just say he's sick. Why won't they be honest with us when it happened?"

"Omo, Hakyeon-ah! Please be well."

When the public got to know the real reason, starlights and the netizens finally able to accept it and many wishes Hakyeon a speedy recovery.

All 5 of them waited outside as the doctor was checking on him. A while later, their CEO arrived.

"How's Hakyeon?" he asked.

"The doctor still checking on him. We truly sorry, Sejun-hyung. We had to do what we ought to." Sejun patted Wonshik's shoulder.

"I understand. Let me handle the bigger problems."

Then, the doctor emerged out from the room.

"How's he doctor?"

"For now, he needs a lot of rest and away from any stress. His blood sugar totally drop to the lowest due to the panic attack & the immensed stress he experienced. So it made him disorientated and couldn't identify any of you. Wonshik-ah, I've told you to bring him earlier."

"I wanted to but he refused but he agreed to it yesterday after so much persuasion. We don't know it'll lead to this."

The doctor sighed. "He needs to undergo post-therapy sessions after he recovers from this and I need all of your cooperation in making sure he's not stressed and help to lessen his burden."

"What's he is suffering from, Doctor?" asked Hongbin. Taekwoon shifted himself closer, although he was behaving nonchalantly all this while.

"I wouldn't say he's fine but his level of stress has been getting worse over time. His magnesium levels are low and not showing any signs of major improvement since he's not been leading a proper lifestyle like normal people does. For now, let him rest."

"Thank you doctor."

"How long you've known about this?" asked Taekwoon with a slight cold approach.

"When he took care of me at the hospital. He had an episodic anxiety attack due to receiving lots of hate comments from netizens. All because of me."

"And you don't bother to tell us." Taekwoon was quite cold knowing Wonshik knew the truth all these while.

"Hyung refused to let everyone knows."

"What's there to keep from us? We are a team. A family."

"That's the problem, hyung. When you say family, do you really mean it from the bottom of your heart?" asked Wonshik.

Taekwoon went silent.

"To be honest, he was kind of ashamed. He scared people won't believe him, instead ostracizing him once they knew about his mental health. You know how our society works right?"

"He's just trying to hold on as much as he can."