Disappear

Affection

The whole group except Hakyeon agreed to postpone their comeback until they are ready.

The announcement was made that same night and surprisingly the netizens positively supported their decision.

"You mean Hakyeon hyung don't remember he threw my shirt in the washing machine?" Hyuk nodded.

"That's why I did that. I hope you understand, hyung." Hongbin sat quietly beside his maknae, outside the room while Wonshik and Jaehwan were inside, accompanying the not yet conscious Hakyeon.

"Now I look at him closely, his gaunt features were so prominent. HIs trademark cheeks were no more. How couldn't I realize all these earlier?" asked Jaehwan.

"Now it's not time to blame yourself, hyung. We need to be stronger than him for hyung to recover faster. He needs our support."

Hyuk somehow started weeping. Hongbin, who was quite calm the whole time, wiped off the maknae's tears off his face.

"Cry as much as you want but once you go in, we need to toughen ourselves up. Hakyeon hyung can listen to us although he's not conscious yet. He's aware of what's happening around us."

"I feel bad for not being there with him earlier. I fought with him, put on a very offensive attitude, I talked bad about him, never once I care for him all these while and this hyung never once let it out and chose to rather keep it within and let it manifest."

"I hate myself, hyung." Hongbin pacified him, his arm delicately.

"I made him ended up here, Hyuk, I should be the one feeling bad. My emotions now are in turmoil. I don't what should I feel now. It feels today, I had to force down all the sudden information and next I have to feel sad about it but I'm still confused."

Hyuk looked at his hyung. He apologised for keeping it from him. He assured him it's fine.

"We've been taking Hakyeon hyung for granted and that feeling turned into something negative. Instead of feeling thankful, we vent our frustrations and incompetencies towards a human being that was just trying to correct us as a leader/hyung. I let my thoughts run and in the end it became a poison that kills me and Hakyeon hyung. Gongchan already warned me but I didn't listen to him. I only have myself to blame for this."

"We always thought he's the strongest since he always scolds us, have the time to nag at us, able to multitask, keep us together as a group. Well, it was just on the surface we assumed everything's alright with him."

A while later, Wonshik and Jaehwan came out.

"How's hyung?"

"He's still not up yet. Let him. I guess it's good that he's gonna have ample of sleep this time." Jaehwan looked around. 

"Where's Taekwoon hyung?"

Hyuk shrugged. Hongbin shook his head. "We didn't notice. We thought he's inside with you all."

"I guess he's at home. Never mind. We let hyung rest. We should get going now." said Wonshik.

Everyone agrees although Hyuk was kind of reluctant to leave Hakyeon alone but after some persuasion from Hongbin, they left the hospital together.

-------

"Hyung? Taekwoon hyung, are you home?" shouted his dongsaengs once they stepped inside the house.

It was dark. Not even single lights was switched on. Jaehwan went to Taekwoon's room and knocked on his door.

"Hyung? Are you inside?" But there was no response.

"Hyung?" he knocked again.

"He's not inside?" asked Hongbin. Jaehwan shook his head. He went for the door knob and surprisingly it was unlock as Taekwoon tends to lock the door when he's busy composing in his room.

He was greeted by an empty and quiet atmosphere.

"He's not in, guys. Hyuk-ah, try call his mobile."

Hyuk instantly called his hyung but the ringing sound went on forever.

"It's ringing but he's not picking it up."

They looked at each other, not knowing what to do and how to react to their hyung's sudden disappearance.

"Hyuk, do you know his usual hangout places?" Since he loves to be alone most of the time, none of them actually knew where he might be now.

"I'm sure Hakyeon hyung knows." Jaehwan remark. "Oh gosh, seriously hyung. Things just kept piling up." He buried his face in despair.

Wonshik proceed to inform their CEO while others each seated in their seats, looking lifeless as they had a rough and tiring day.

"What do you mean disappear? He just called me few hours ago."

"What did he say?"

"Nothing much. He asked me about Hakyeon."

"Nothing else?" asked Wonshik.

"Nope, did you manage to track his whereabout?" 

"He switched off his phone. We can't do anything now. We are dead worried about Taekwoon hyung, i mean, after what happened to Hakyeon hyung, our worries are now just all over the place."

"I understand Wonshik-ah, never mind. I'll contact his co-workers and his close friends if they know his whereabouts. I'll inform all of you if there's anything."

"I feel we are hopeless as a group." Jaehwan's sudden remark had all of their heads lifted up. They couldn't help but to agree.

"We are worse as a family. Not knowing each other well and failed in taking care of each other. Why are we like this?" Hyuk added. Hongbin could only looked at his dejected maknae. Even though he was the last few to know about this and still trying to process the whole thing, seeing his maknae looking down and guilty made him feel worse.

"Don't say that Hyuk-ah." Hongbin went over and embraced his maknae tightly.

Eventually, Jaehwan teared up. Wonshik pacify his hyung, his head, hushing him away.

"It's all my fault."

"Not yours, hyung. It's our fault and we need to fix it. For Vixx and for our hyungs." Wonshik turned his head, glancing over the other two.

"Taekwoon hyung needs time to digest all these. We too, must make use of this time to be strong. Hear that?" The corner of his eye noticed both their heads nodding slightly as a form of approval.

"I love you guys, you know that? You too, Jaehwan hyung. I love all of you." Wonshik was never someone who's able to declare his love for s in the open but he has been the frontrunner recently and Hyuk witnessed it too since they came to know about Hakyeon's condition and he has done lots of things, his presence was much needed at such times when Vixx seems to be crumbling down.

"I love you too hyung. You've done great all this time. We appreciate it." said Hyuk.