Hurt

Affection

"Who are you! Why are you trying to hurt Hongbin?" Those words entered his ears and somehow he regained consciousness. As he took a closer look, he saw Taekwoon was sitting on top of someone with the arms pinned down. "Hongbin-ah! Are you okay?" shouted Taekwoon across.

As the person trying to free from Taekwoon's grasp, that person went even wild as Taekwoon dialed the police to come and apprehend. Hongbin slowly sat up and took his time to digest what just happened.

"What..what just happened hyung?" he asked, massaging his aching shoulders due to the sudden fall previously.

"This guy is trying to harm you! luckily I got him in time. Or else, that knife would land on your body." His eyes shifted to the knife, laying on the floor, cold and bloodied.

"Blood?" he mumbled. "Hyung? Who's blood was that? Did we hurt that guy accidentally?" he asked. Taekwoon was not paying attention to his question.

"Why are you trying to harm Hongbin! Answer me!" Taekwoon was being all serious was something Hongbin is not used to seeing.

"He harmed Hakyeon! He harmed my idol! How could he have the cheek to harm his own member when we cherish him so much!" Although his face was pressing against the ground, his words could be heard quite clearly.

"That doesn't give you the authority to harm my dongsaeng! He's a nobody to you but just a idol but he's my precious younger brother! How could you take matters into your own hands? Would you think Hakyeon will be happy to know his dongsaeng is hurt? Will he ever side with your decision just because you think it's the right way to handle things? Such a fool!"

Taekwoon whimpered slightly. His grip loosened. Hongbin witnessed something wrong with his hyung.

"Such a loser. Hongbin is not a loser like you. He never meant to hurt Hakyeon. Who are you to handle things for us?!"

The sound of the siren was heard in the vicinity. The police is reaching soon.

"Hyung, let go of him. The police is coming. They'll handle him. He can't go nowhere too." Hongbin had to resort in pulling his hyung away from the guy since he's not listening to him.

But as his left hand placed on his hyung's left arm, he felt something out of ordinary. Wet yet warm sensation. He lifted up his hand for a moment and saw his whole palm were covered red.

The blood on the knife belongs to Taekwoon.

"Hyung! Your arm is bleeding! Your arm.." Hongbin didn't know what to do. He was lost. He look around hoping to find something to wrap his arm with but nothing. Then, he looked at his own body and realized he was wearing a grey cardigan on the outside. He quickly took it off and wrapped it around Taekwoon's arm without hesitating anymore.

"How come you didn't realize you're bleeding!" Hongbin's worries resurfaces, just like the time Hakyeon's health hiccuped front of him. Both of his hyungs are hurt now.

"Don't ever blame yourself, Hongbin. This was never your fault."

Even before he could think that all these were his faults, Taekwoon beaten him to that.

"Whatever happened to Hakyeon was never your fault, neither this okay? Okay?" He was desperate for his assurance.

The police finally arrived. Taekwoon and Hongbin identified themselves. He was still holding on to the prepetrator with his injured arm.

"Leo-sshi, your arm.." One of the policeman noticed and notify them to call an ambulance. "I'm fine though." He tried not to make a fuss out of his injury but somehow he started to feel the burning sensation from the wound.

They listened to both of their statements.

"Okay guys, Hongbin-sshi, I need you to come with us for further statements. Leo-sshi, the ambulance will arrive in a while. It might take few hours because it involves a weapon. So, I hope you understand." Taekwoon looked at Hongbin. "Ya, are you okay with that?"

"Worry about yourself first!" Taekwoon's words were somewhat annoying because he couldn't felt any worse than now. Feel guilty over Taekwoon's injury all because of him.

---------

"Get through?" asked Hakyeon, who seems to feel uneasy as time passes. Hyuk shook his head. "Both are not picking up. Weird."

Hakyeon got out of his bed which had Hyuk quickly ran over to his hyung. "What are you trying to do?" He held his arm. Hyuk was given instructions not to let him out anywhere except for his bed.

"They are worrying me, Hyuk. I just can't keep sitting here and wait. Taekwoon is not even picking up your calls means something happened."

"Hyung, they might be talking, in a very serious conversation. Don't add more unnecessary to yourself. You need to relax."

A while later, Hyuk received a message in their group chat that exclude Hakyeon.

["Guys, I have something to say. Hyuk, stay calm in front of Hakyeon hyung when I'm going to say this. Hongbin is now currently at police station."]  - Wonshik

”Who was that?" asked Hakyeon.

His eyes quickly shot up, trying to look calm as their eyes meet. "Wonshik hyung. He.. he asked me if you've eaten." Hakyeon collapsed back to his bed, disappointed that it was not Taekwoon.

[Taekwoon hyung too?] - Jaehwan

[Nope, Taekwoon hyung currently in the hospital. He's at the emergency room. Hyuk, if Hakyeon hyung is asleep, you go there and take a look. I'm on my way there.] - Wonshik

[What's happening? Did they fight?] - Hyuk

[No idea. Taekwoon hyung didn't clarify any further. It's frustrating. I don't even know how serious his injury is.] - Wonshik

[Hyung, Hakyeon hyung will know about this sooner or later. Shouldn't we just tell him? He's getting so worried now that he's not even resting.] - Hyuk

There was a moment of silence in the chatroom.

[Let me get confirmation from Taekwoon hyung. Wait till I reached and see his condition then I'll give you the green light. There might be witnesses for all we know and such things always circulates around fast.] - Wonshik

[I'll drop by after my rehearsal ends.] - Jaehwan

Hyuk occasionally glanced over at Hakyeon who was still hoping for news from Taekwoon about Hongbin. His mini expressions and body language says everything about his concern over his beloved members. Hyuk could only sigh silently, unable to do nor help his hyung to ease his worries a little since he knew he won't see any smile on his face until they are back.