Determine

Affection

"You have motive to harm another person. Your fingerprints are all over the weapon. Why did you do that?" The prepetrator sat quietly, head facing down and went all silent as the officer asked him. Hongbin seated just a space away from him, didn't utter anything at all. HIs occasional glances were full of anger and frustration as he wondered the reason he attacked him earlier on.

"He harmed Cha Hakyeon. He is a bully. He bully Hakyeon hyung. He don't deserve to hurt him. I know Hakyeon hyung won't do anything so I did it on his behalf." Hongbin looked crestfallen upon hearing those words. It hurts so much. Why would someone who idolize Hakyeon able to do such thing to him, someone that Hakyeon cherishes a lot? He knew he was in the wrong for treating his hyung like that but to have someone with an anonymous authority to punish him sounds so demoralizing.

The officers who heard those words clearly rolled their eyes in disbelief. 

"Cha Hakyeon is your family member? Your relative? Your brother?" his voice now seemed louder.

He shook his head.

"Then?"

"He's my idol."

"So? Who gave you the authority to do as you please?" he asked again.

He remained silent.

--------

Wonshik updated Hyuk and Jaehwan on Taekwoon's condition.

[The wound was quite deep although it was just a slash. Cut a small artery which resulted in excessive bleeding but thankfully it has stopped. Doctor advise him to stay for few days here.] - Wonshik

[Sorry hyung, Hakyeon hyung is still awake. I just can't go anywhere and scared I can't answer him when he asked.] - Hyuk

[Is he asleep?] - Jaehwan

[Hyung, i think you just come tomorrow. He's now worrying about Hongbin and was kicking up a fuss just now, wanting to go to the station. Now, barely calmed down. Hyuk, I think it's better to just stay by his side. No worries. I'm here with Taekwoon hyung. ]

[Hyung, how should we tell Hakyeon hyung?] - Hyuk

[Hyuk, let's leave this till tomorrow. I can't think of anything right now too. We all had a long day. Hyung also, it's late. ] - Wonshik

Everyone indeed had a long night battling with uncertainties of Hongbin's whereabouts and now Taekwoon being hurt and Hongbin in police station, the day doesn't seems to end or showing any signs of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Jellyfish was informed of Hongbin and Sejun hyung sent one of his representative down to the station while he managed to contact Taekwoon, who seems much calmer compared to when Wonshik firstly arrived.

Taekwoon explained everything to him to what he witnessed earlier that night. His tone was irregular containing anguish and disappointment plus tint of anger. He was utterly disappointed that the one attacked called himself a starlight that only supported Hakyeon but detested the rest of them.

"My representative just called. He said Hongbin will be released in an hour's time. Meanwhile, that culprit will be charged."

On the other line, Taekwoon just listened silently.

"Taekwoon-ah..."

"Hyung, I....I just can't accept it."

Sejun understood his feelings right then. "It's okay. Everything's fine."

"With me being injured. it going to paint Hongbin in much worse situation." He thought Taekwoon has been thinking about the prepetrator all this while. "And, it's gonna bother Hakyeon again. So, when can he gets better? When things has been crumbling down one by one?"

"You really care about Hakyeon, do you?"

"I owe him one. I really did him wrong this time."

Sejun smiled. "Taekwoon ah, we are in this together. I painstakingly created VIXX, and all of you worked hard to maintain good reputation as members and employees of my company. I wouldn't leave all of you in the lurch now that I've treated all of you like my own brothers."

He always knew he could count on Sejun hyung for help.

"I'll take care of Hongbin and whatever that comes. All that matters to you know is VIXX. Protect them, get me?" he asked.

"I will hyung. Thank you for the support. I know I've been wild these days and came off as childish..."

Sejun snorted. "Ya, you think you're the only one? Everyone go through those phase but I'm glad that you realized your priorities now, Taekwoon. It made things much easier and I know I can count on you too beside Hakyeon."

------

Hongbin was released. He turned around and thought that he never expected to be here for real compared to his previous visits for filming purposes only. Although he only came to give statements and stand in as a witness, the feeling was unexplainable.

"Hongbin-ah~" someone called his name somewhere from his right. He peered and saw a familiar silhouette.

"In Guk hyung! Why are you here? Like really?" he asked, still puzzled over In Guk's sudden presence.

He explained that he was nearby filming some scenes when their boss called him suddenly and told about his predicament. In Guk, who adores his dongsaengs, especially Hongbin since he hangs out with him the most amongst the members. "So I came over. To fetch you. I know the members are not getting it easy either so I try my best in what I can do for you."

They went to the nearby tent bar and In Guk ordered a fresh tofu for him aside from their main dishes and soju bottles.

"Why are you feeding me tofu? It's not like I just came out from the prison." he asked. In Guk just shove the plate nearer to him without any hesitation. "Just eat. Take it as this is your first and last trip to a police station for a REAL purpose." Although it still doesn't make any sense to make him eat tofu just because of this, he still ate it in the end.

"I heard from the lawyer that he managed to cooperate with the police in hiding the truth that someone was hurt from the tussle. That person only will be charged for attempting to harm you." Hongbin stopped his tracks and looked up. He suddenly remembered his Taekwoon hyung, his injured brother who tried to protect him earlier on. Being at the station for more than 3 hours, longer than expected, exhausted him so much that he forgotten the most important thing he need to know.

"How's hyung?" he asked, not touching his food at that moment.

"He's fine, no worries. His wound is not that serious. Wonshik is there so don't worry." He still doesn't show any sign of resuming his late supper.

"Hongbin-ah, can i ask you a question?" He nodded slightly.

"Do you sincerely love your group?"

Yes, he planned to leave but he did that because he wanted to salvage the group, preventing from anymore damage but in the eyes of others, it may seems like his absence and exit from the group indicate his hate and unwillingness to be together.

Does he have the rights to profess his love for the group when he has been doing the wrong thing all this while?