Companion

Affection

Hakyeon woke up realizing he's on the hospital bed the whole time. He looked around, dazed and he saw Wonshik on the sofa, playing with his phone and laughing to himself.

"Ya, since when I've been sleeping here?"

"Since morning. I can't sleep since then."

"Why are you not sleeping? Don't you waste my effort in nursing you back to health."

"I just can't sleep. That's all."

"What happened yesterday until I got onto this bed?"

"You sleepwalked."

"I what??" Hakyeon was dumbfounded.

"You literally sleepwalked and threw me off the bed."

Hakyeon rolled his eyes. "Very funny Kim Wonshik."

"Oh yes, Cha Hakyeon. I'm not lying."

Hakyeon sat up quickly, thinking Wonshik stated a fact. "Really, I sleepwalked?" He cupped his own face. Wonshik smiled as he glanced over his hyung several times.

Then, it came across his mind that he needed to tell Wonshik something.

"Wonshik, I have something to say. It's an announcement from the CEO."

"What is it?"

"He said that for our comeback this time, the promotion period will be reduced to 2 weeks."

He put down his phone, shocked. 

"Why, why? Why so short? But I want to showcase more of our songs. Why hyung? Why the sudden decision?" Hakyeon knew Wonshik was disappointed because this comeback meant a lot for him since he participates in almost all the music and lyrical production.

"It was the order from the board directors. I'm just relaying to you." Hakyeon couldn't only sit there and watch how Wonshik looked depressed for next few minutes before he decided to go out of the room, giving him some space.

On the other hand, the CEO himself broke the news to the members.

"Do you think something amiss?" asked Hongbin to Hyuk.

"Yeah, surely."

"You've seen the criticisms towards Hakyeon hyung on SNS?" Hyuk nodded again.

"It must be related to that?" Hongbin wondered.

"No idea, but criticisms towards Hakyeon hyung has always been a norm. I don't think it's that though." Jaehwan added.

------

It has been nearly a week since Wonshik's in hospital and the doctor finally allowed him to be discharged. Meanwhile, Hakyeon had to rush between his schedules and Wonshik several times within a day since hospital visitation timing have own fixed timings. It was getting tiring but he just wanted to get this over and done with.

He settled the application stuff for his discharged and got on the taxi with him.

He gave the driver direction to their dorm.

"Not going back to my studio?"

"For heaven sake, you are not homeless. You have a proper bed, proper pillows, aircon for you to enjoy."

"I miss Bada$$."

"That dog won't die."

Wonshik didn't dare to ask if he's still angry at him at his words because the way he answered to his were just too blunt.

"Your dog is sleeping soundly after I gave him food." He kind of thought he was quite harsh just now.

"Hyung went to feed it yourself?"

"Of course, who else? They are not sparing me even with your dog. I had to do it myself."

------

Taekwoon was already at the pojangmacha with Jaehwan when Hyuk sudden appearance surprised him that he dropped one of the samgyeopsal on the table.

"My meat!" he gasped.

Hyuk took and blew it clean before gobbled it down. "It's dirty one, I'll eat it. Still edible." Taekwoon looked quite uncomfortable. Jaehwan ushered him to his seat. Hongbin had an appointment with Gongchan so he already told Jaehwan earlier he could not make it in time to join them.

"I know both of you care for each other. In Vixx, we love and care and also we fight and have the tendency to be violent. Oops." Jaehwan reminded how violence rhymes so well in Vixx acronyms. "Aniya, we are not violent! We are very humble and good-natured people. Right hyuk?" Hyuk nodded awkwardly. Taekwoon was still on cooking his samgyeopsal.

"In times like this, fights are inevitable but eventually we need to patch this up. I guess both of you guys already cooled down?" None replied. "Ok greattt~ Hyungg, give that piece to me!"

"That's mine. Choose other ones." Jaehwan pouted.

"Hyuk, open your mouth." He didn't realise Taekwoon already wrap the meat with the ssam leaves, waiting to shove it down his throat. Hyuk bend forward, received his food personally from his hyung's hand.

"How's the meat?"

Hyuk gave a thumbs up. Seeing them slowly warming up, Jaehwan smiling to himself gleefully.

-----

"Hyung..."

"Hmm.."

"You really don't remember you sleepwalked that night?"

"No." he replied, without looking at Wonshik. 

"If so, then can I suggest bunking in your room with you tonight? To ensure you don't sleepwalk."

"Why you seems to care? You're not that type who cares."

"I wish to now..."

"No."

"But why?"

"You chose not to. You decided that I'm being a nuisance to you. You said those words in my face, don't you remember?"

Wonshik remained silent upon hearing the truth.

"Just sleep with Hyuk tonight. He's been waiting for you to bunk in with him for a long time. Pity him instead. Don't pity me."

As the door opened, they were greeted with popping confettis and a cake that Taekwoon's holding as usual, welcoming Wonshik back home. Hakyeon was at the back, silently looking at them.

"Welcome home, hyung!" 

"Wonshik in the house!" shouted hongbin.

Then they made way for Jaehwan who was approaching Wonshik sheepishly.

"Kim Wonshik! This is for you!" He held out the present he specially bought for his dongsaeng.

"What is this?" he asked.

"A compensation. For your lost ring." Upon hearing it, Hakyeon looked up. He almost forgotten about the ring.

"Woahhh, Lee Jaehwan. You know my favourite brand." He opened the package, unveiled a moderately small squarish box.

"A bracelet?" He took out a heavy custom made men's bracelet out of the box.

"Ya Lee Jaehwan..." Jaehwan looked up.

Suddenly Wonshik lunge himself at Jaehwan. "I love it so muchhhhh Jyaniiii hyung! Lovely." Jaehwan felt relieved that he likes the present so much.

"I'm sorry Wonshikkk-ah!" They embraced each other tightly. "It's ok hyung. No worries. I've come to an acceptance and I don't blame you anymore." He patted his back as an assurance.

Hakyeon wondered at that time how easy his dongsaengs made up with each other after a fight yet it's not the case with him.

"Is the problem lies with me then? Am I the main reason?"