Premonition

Affection

This chapter is quite short somehow. No worries, I'll post 2 chapters! >.<

 

Hyuk was handing over a glass of water to Hakyeon when the glass just slipped off his grip, broke into pieces instantly as it touches the ground.

The next few seconds spent in a daze as the dongsaengs hurriedly cleared up the mess. Hyuk occasionally glanced at his hyung. Hyung, sorry. my grip wasn't that strong. Sorry. You stay on the bed while i clear these broken pieces of glasses." Hakyeon didn't respond.

"Hyung?" He looked up. Hakyeon was on his bed, dazed and silent. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" he asked.

"I don't feel good, Hyuk." Upon hearing those words, Hyuk rushed to another side of the bed, automatically placing his palm on his forehead. "Where? Where are you not feeling well?" Hakyeon put his hand away gently as he shook his head. He finally looked at Hyuk, establishing a worried look.

"I feel off now. Like, like a bad feeling. I've always make sure to hold things properly but that.. looks like a premonition."

Hyuk heaved a sigh of relief knowing his hyung is fine. He patted his shoulder slightly, "Hyung, it maybe just your feeling. The glass meant to be be broken anyways. Don't think too much. Alright?" Hyuk went back to the other side to clean up while Hakyeon took his phone from the side table and somehow his fingers were already texting Taekwoon.

"Everything's fine, Taekwoon-ah?"

-------

"Please Hongbin-ah. Enough is enough. Your decision was entirely childish. Leaving in midst of these ongoing situation we're trying to solve."

Hongbin was still standing at the same spot, now facing towards Taekwoon. 

"I'm embarrassed, hyung. I can't face him."

"Own up to your mistakes, Hongbin-ah. Running away is not a solution. When a person made a mistake, isn't it right to apologise? Hakyeon is worrying about you. He's surely able to understand your situation."

"I'm not good too, compared to him. He always have the best options out there. I've always been jealous of his achievements. I'm not like this towards the other members. but why Hakyeon hyung?" he asked himself this question.

Taekwoon doesn't know how to answer either. He knows Hakyeon has been working hard to achieve what he receives now but he couldn't be saying those to Hongbin fearing he would get the wrong message.

Taekwoon approached him slowly. "It's okay to feel that. To have someone as a benchmark to do better but it just you did it slightly the wrong way. I admire him too, jealous of him for being able to do everything but you see Hongbin, it's because we don't really know how much he has invested his time and effort into these to make it perfect. He's a perfectionist, you should know that and to perfect something requires huge amount of discipline." He just had to say it out.

"I'm not saying you are not putting it effort but a big factor after hard work is luck & luck just don't come to us at same time. I'm trying to say, Hongbin, your time will come to shine. Believe me, believe in yourself that time will come."

"Hyung, we've been in this industry for 5 years. There's nothing. We are always overshadowed by much more popular and younger groups out there. We even participate in coming out with our own songs to create an identity for ourselves."

At that time, Taekwoon's eyes sighted something moving behind the trees just directly behind Hongbin, who was still in his own world, pouring our his disatisfactions towards everything happened. His five senses somewhat heightened slightly, warning him that someone might be hiding behind those plants. His eyes then darted towards Hongbin. 

"Hongbin..." His eyes shifted away and now the shadow he saw was gone.

"Lee Hongbin, stop and come here quick. We need to go." But Hongbin didn't hear his words perhaps given Taekwoon's hushing voice was softer than a whisper. "Ya! Lee Hongbin!"

The shadow that he saw finally made its way out of the darkness, emerged a figure dressed in all black and covered, which something looking long and sharp in its possession. Taekwoon's eyes widened as the figure slowing making its way towards the oblivious Hongbin.

"Hongbin, move! Ya! move!" Hongbin who somehow finally snapped as he thought his hyung's expression was weird. "Move? What?" he mumbled as he looked clueless. He thought his hyung was asking him to look around. So he did what he thought as he turned his whole body around slightly to see what was Taekwoon trying to show him.

In just split seconds, his whole world seemingly come tumbling down.