Thoughtful (II)

Affection

"This Wonshik, he didn't bother to call me at all." Hongbin looked at his phone. Jaehwan was looking over at his phone screen.

"Weird that he's not been calling us. I mean it's not like we don't care."

"I guess he's having fun?"

"At the hospital? With Hakyeon hyung? Oh please. Wonshik hyung is uncomfortable around him." Hyuk added joining the conversation.

A moment of silence crept in.

"Hyung..." Hyuk wanted to ask his hyun about Wonshik.

"Hmm?"

"How's you and Wonshik-hyung? About that ring..."

"It's hanging. I have no idea how to face him about this. It's been days yet I can't find it at all. I was so sure it dropped there."

"Maybe you want to buy something for him in exchange? I'm sure he will like it."

"Should I start going to my branded shops then? It's been a while since I spent money." Hyuk laughed. "Do what you like hyung."

"Ah! Before I forget. Let's have a light supper outside tomorrow. The pojangmacha nearby."

"What's the occasion?"

"Just come. Taekwoon hyung will be there too."

"Does he want me to be there in the first place?"

"Aigoo, don't be a spoiler. I've told him you will join too. He didn't say anything." Jaehwan kept nudging his maknae.

"It's so awkward, hyung. I don't know if I should..."

From his words, Jaehwan knew Hyuk has cooled down. Compared to the fight he had with Hakyeon where both are hot headed and neither wanted to lose, this time, the fight happened between Taekwoon and Hyuk were subtle. Jaehwan has always been the core that strengthen and mends any broken relationships between the members using his diplomacy and aegyo skills. He knew how to pacify each members and naturally piecing them back into a perfect puzzle.

-----

That night, Hongbin met up with Gongchan to return his jacket he borrowed previously.

"A drink?" asked Gongchan.

Hongbin shook his head. "Upcoming comeback."

"You look so down. Are you okay?"

"I don't know Chan-ah. I've been feeling demoralized these few days."

"Tell me more about it. It must be a big thing that you chose to open up to me instead of your members."

"Of course, because it involves them."

"What thing?"

"I'm feeling rather kind of... you know angry, dissatisfied..."

"Towards who?"

"Generally my members whom I think are talented and better than me. Especially Hakyeon hyung."

"Why would you think of that?"

"Hyung is so multi-talented. Among us, he's always in demand for anything. Recently, I got to know that the acting offers I gotten were all recommendations from him. He rejected their direct offers and gave them to me. I was never a number one choice."

"Sometimes, it makes me mad to see him tired because he at least got something to do. He's able to promote himself on tv."

Gongchan scanned his expression.

"You are jealous."

"What? Jealous? No."

"Yup. I'm right. Jealous is the right word."

"I don't get jealous towards my team mates."

"But you just envied your hyung who is capable than you. Saying your members are faring better than you. Comparisons never fails to show jealousy, Bin-ah." Hongbin looked at him as if he's speechless that what he thought all these while were based on jealous towards his own members.

"If you continue any further, it'll poison your mind. Trust me."

----

Wonshik couldn't sleep that night since he's been sleeping excessively these past few days. It was 4.30am in the morning. His eyes circled around the dark room whether if Hakyeon's still there.

"He's gone home I guess." Then he spotted a familiar bag on the sofa. Hurriedly, he slide out of his bed, walking to the sofa to confirmed that bag actually belongs to his hyung.

"His bag is here...he didn't go back?" Then, his instinct brought him near to the windows. He roll up the slides, looking around to see if there's any familiar figure at the park.

"Hyung?" He squinted his eyes just to get a clearer view if the one he saw was his hyung. "What is he doing pacing there and forth?"

He sneakily walk down the stairs not to get caught by any nurses passing by.

He hurriedly run towards the area where his hyung was as soon as he managed to escape the main door.

"Hyung!" He called him many times but Hakyeon didn't seem to notice. Wonshik slowed down his tracks.

"Hyung?" He called him again but he was still in his own world.

"Hyung..." He tapped his shoulder. His touch was like a shock sent through his whole body, causing him to jump slightly.

"Wonshik-ah!" Hakyeon suddenly grabbed both his hands, hold them tightly. Wonshik trying to comprehend the situation right then. "Hyung.. hyung.. what- why are your hands so cold? Why are you grabbing my hands so tight?"

"Wonshik-ah, believe me. I didn't cause you to be hospitalized. It was never on purpose." Hakyeon's anxious tone was never something Wonshik ever heard of and it kind of confuses yet worries him. Tears slowly formed around his eye rims as he talks, his irises were never fixed and kept shifting as if everything in him are falling apart.

"Hyung! What's wrong with you? Why are you behaving like this. Hyung, take a deep breath. Take a deep breath. Follow me. Hyung, look at me. Follow what I do now." Hakyeon's eyes finally focused as he looked at his dongsaeng and gradually followed his instruction. Wonshik held in a long breath while Hakyeon follows him.

In the midst of trying to calm his hyung down, he looked around and saw his phone on the bench, the screen showing his SNS feeds. At that moment, he knew why.

"Feeling better hyung?" He asked after they did repeatedly for 5 times.

Hakyeon nodded slightly. Wonshik looked at his hyung endearingly. He knew all these were not on purpose. His hyung was just being careless and carried away by his raging emotions but he never meant harm towards him.

Malicious comments towards Hakyeon are considered normal throughout their 6 years as Vixx and all of them knew how their hyung suffered through comments regarding his skin, personality, his qualities as a leader and so on, yet he's still standing strong providing pillar to each of them.

Seeing how his hyung nearly broke down in front of his eyes just because of these useless jerks who have nothing else to do but to nitpick on other people's lives saddened him a lot.

Wonshik didn't know why but he wanted to pat his head so much that time.

"You did well hyung and I know you didn't mean it at all. Only that matters. Nothing else."