PAST

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jihoon, I need your help."

Jihoon abruptly opened his eyes.

Another dream.

A dream that still haunts him down.

He tiredly sat up from his bed and sighed. "When will it ever stop haunting me?" he asked himself.

He checked the time.

It's just 4 in the morning.

He searched for his phone and saw that he received 2 messages.

From: Lai Guanlin
"I'm ready to hear you out, hyung."

Jihoon doesn't know what to feel after reading Guanlin's message. Back then, he was the one flooding them messages, waiting for at least one of them to reply, but nothing came.

Not until today.

He should be happy. But why is it that he suddenly fet scared and nervous.

Did something happened?

He replied: "Sure. Are you free today? We can meet after class. At the usual place."

He opened another message. It's from an unknown number. His brows creased. I wonder who is this?

From: Unknown number
"Park Jeojang! What's up? -- " he abruptly stopped reading and asked himself, "I'm Park Jeojang?" He blinked then continued reading. "I went to the hospital today and guess what? I got panic attacks!" A smile slowly formed from his plump lips. Now he knows who is this unknown person. "Ahhh... that girl. Why is she so cute?" He continued reading. "But here's the twist. I did not runaway crying for help. I was so calm. Yeah, my body's shaking, but it's not like the usual. I feel normal."

Jihoon stood up and went to the kitchen to make himself some hot chocolate, continue reading the text message.

"I will start working this weekend. We can eat lunch together during my break :)" He pulled a chair and sat on it. He mumbled, "I'd love to," with a smile on his face.

"I promise to treat you on my first pay :) Thanks for supporting my decision to do this. It really means a lot to me. I will forever save you in my heart! ㅋㅋㅋ See you this weekend, Park Jeojang! ^^"

Jihoon can't help but chuckle at her message. "Park Jeojang, huh?" he smirked and instantly saved Dahyun's number. He decided to put the name "Kim Jeojang" instead, after thinking of a lot of names.

"I'll save you in my heart too," he said while staring at Dahyun's saved number on his phone.

---

"We have a game later. Mine's team, versus Daniel's," Jisung proudly announced. "Make sure to watch us later this afternoon, okay?" He told Dahyun and Minhyun who's noses are on the Physics books their reading.

It's lunch time and Dahyun and the boys are on their usual spot at the school's canteen.

"Ya! Did you even hear what I said?" Jisung frustratingly asked the two. When he did not get any response, he scoffed and folded his arms on his chest. "I got just ignored. Twice. Great."

"Just let them be. I heard that exams for Advance Classes are in two weeks. These two need to study hard," Seongwu said, eyeing his two friends.

"Dahyunnie," Woojin nudged Dahyun who's eating and reading her notes at the same time. Dahyun hummed, but her eyes are fixated on her notebook. "When will you have time for me? You're always busy studying. Aish! I'm not liking this kind of relationship we're sharing," Woojin huffed and looked away.

"Disturb my girlfriend again and I will make you do 500 sit ups on our next training," Daniel threatened Woojin. The younger one nervously gulped and moved away from Dahyun.

Dahyun can't help but glanced up from her notebook to stare at Daniel. Her heart skipped a beat when she caught him staring at her. She looked away and hide her flushed face on her notebook. "Focus, Dahyun. Focus," she mumbled to herself.

Minhyun, who's sitting beside her, heard her talking to herself. He doesn't need to ask what just happened. He just smirked and mumbled, "Innocent love," but too loud for Dahyun and Daniel to hear.

Daniel cleared his throat and reached out for Dahyun's notebook. "Finish eating first then study later," he told her, putting her books aside. Dahyun hesistantly stopped studying and decided to follow what Daniel said.

She began to search for her drink, then realized that she forgot to buy one. She glanced at the counter and saw a very long line.

"You can share mine," Daehwi offered.

"Drink this," Daniel put his drink in front of Dahyun, rejecting Daehwi's offer. "Find another one to share your drink," he told Daehwi, who was stunned.

Dahyun stared at Daniel's drink. She can't help but stare at Daniel's lips back to his drink which he just drank.

She then remembered what happened last night.

"Dahyun-ah, are you okay?" Seongwu asked. "Why aren't you eating? Don't you like the taste of the food?" He reached out to taste Dahyun's food, but Daniel beat him to it.

Daniel used Dahyun's spoon to taste it. "It doesn't taste good. Do you want to buy another one?" he asked her. Without waiting for her response, he stood up and pulled Dahyun with him.

The others watched as the two left.

"What had just happened?" Seongwu asked, feeling stunned.

"They're becomin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter