ARGUMENT

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I've been calling Dahyun, but she's not answering," Seongwu said over the phone. "Are you with her?" he asked worriedly.

Daniel worriedly stared at Dahyun who's sleeping soundly on her bed. He stayed up all night to observe her, if ever she needs something or she feels pained. It may be a sleepless night, but Daniel doesn't care at all. What he cares about is Dahyun and nothing more.

Last night when he carried her inside her apartment, she automatically fell asleep, for she was really tired. Daniel hesistantly woke her up so she could at least clean herself before she goes to bed.

They had a small talk, like if she's okay and such. But he never brought up what is it that really happened to her. Because by just looking at Dahyun, he knows that something bad happened and she doesn't want to talk about it.

He knows her that much. If Dahyun doesn't feel like talking about it, you shouldn't insist or else she will feel even more bad.

It took Daniel a long time to finally made Dahyun open up to her. It was not easy. Dahyun has been very secretive and she's the type of person who will put others' first. That's what bothers him the most. He'd want her to become selfish than being so good to others.

He sighed and replied, "Yeah, she's with me. I'm here at her apartment. Something happened and I think she lost her phone," he added.

"What? What happened? Is she alright?" Seongwu asked in a panic voice.

"She's okay," Daniel answered, feeling unsure. He carefully grabbed Dahyun's hand. "But I'm not sure what really happened, Seongwu. I haven't asked her yet."

"Okay," Seongwu sighed. "I'll be there in a few minutes."

Dahyun stirred up in her sleep. She slowly opened her eyes, and saw Daniel moved closer to her, sitting on her side. He helped her sat up. "What time is it?" she asked, rubbing her tired eyes.

"It's 8 in the morning," he replied, fixing Dahyun's hair. "You hungry?" he asked. "What do you want to eat?"

Dahyun gave him a surprised look. She knows that Daniel is a very caring person, but not like this. Ever since they started dating, he's always awkward and it feels like his actions towards her were all forced, which she doesn't mind at all as long she's with him.

But today, it feels different. It's like something not just happened with her, but also with him.

Then it hits her why Daniel came to her apartment last night.

"Why are you here last night? Did you look for me?" she asked, but that's not totally what she intends to ask. Did something happened to you? Is there something that I need to know? She wanted to ask those questions but she feels afraid of what will be his answer, so she decided to keep it with her.

"I was calling you," he answered.

Her brows furrowed. Again, she was surprised. Daniel called her - the first time that he did it as her boyfriend. But the timing was not right. Back then, she was always waiting for his call, which he always promise he will do but he never did. But last night, when the time that she's not waiting for his call, nor promised to call - that's the time he called. Dahyun can't help but feel disappointed of all the things that are happening between the two of them.

She began to search for her phone - on the table, inside her bag, at the side of her bed, under her pillow, everywhere - but the said device cannot be found.

"I think I lost it somewhere," she mumbled, trying to think of the place she went last night. She thinks hard, closing her eyes. Her head ached a little bit.

Flashbacks of everything that happened last night all came and Dahyun suddenly shot her eyes open, which startled Daniel.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Dahyun didn't answer, but stared at Daniel with an embarassed look.

"What? What is it?" he noticed her sudden change of mood and he's going crazy because she's not saying anything.

"I got drunk last night," Dahyun confessed.

"You wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter