WEAK

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since Dahyun and Daniel became an official couple, Dahyun receives nothing but hate from the female students of their school. Yes, she hates it, it hurts her. But she knows that she has to get used to it or else they will belittle her more. What matters is that she is with him, she accepted him and that even though Daniel rarely shows it, she knows that he cares for her.

Dahyun was late for the first subject that morning. She overslept last night because she was waiting for Daniel to call her. But sadly, he didn't. She arrived at the school premises feeling groggy and well... disappointed. When she finally arrived at their classroom, she felt relieved that their teacher hasn't arrived yet. She was not aware of the chaos that was happening until she entered the said room.

"Who did this? Speak up," Daniel said, trying to be calm. But Dahyun knows, everyone knows, that he is not in a good mood. Dahyun looked around, wondering what's happening. She met eyes with Seongwu who motioned for her to be quiet. Dahyun jumped, including the others, when Daniel kicked the table beside his. It then hits her. She knows what's happening, and again, she's the reason why. Because the table Daniel kicked was hers. It was full of vandals, the words written on it are very much not pleasing. Reading those words just made her want to cry, but she suppressed it as she doesn't want to cry in front of everyone, especially Daniel.

"I said, speak up!" Daniel shouted which made everyone flinched.

Dahyun gulped and slowly made her way towards him. "Calm down, Daniel," she told him. "I'll just get another table."

But Daniel ignored him. This time, he kicked his own table. "Reveal yourself now or else --- "

"I said calm down!" Dahyun cut him off. Everyone was surprised for what she did. Daniel gave her a disbelief look. "This won't solve anything if you let your anger get into you. So please, just let it pass and calm down."

Daniel didn't say anything and looked away.

"Okay everyone. Mind your own business. Stop meddling with us," Seongwu breaks the awkward silence and encourage everyone to look away and get the attention away from the couple.

Dahyun grabbed Daniel's table and put it back into its place. She then lay down her bag on the floor and was about to leave the room to get herself a table but Seongwu stopped her. "I'll get one. Just stay here. Use my table instead." Before Dahyun could stop him, Seongwu already sprinted off.

Daniel gently pushed his table, right on Dahyun's spot. "Use my table. I'll use Seongwu's," he said in a cold tone.

"Daniel?" she called him.

"I'm not mad, Dahyun. If that's what you're gonna ask," he answered.

She didn't say anything more and remained quiet the whole class.

---

"She's nothing than his ex. She can't even calm down Daniel!"

"See? I told you, Daniel is not serious with their relationship."

"She's a crazy , an attention seeker, a clingy girfriend!"

"Daniel will break up with her sooner or later."

Those hurtful words run through her mind over and over again. She wants to yell for them to stop. But she's outnumbered. They're a group of girls, and she's just alone. If she fights them, it's either she will embarassed herself even more, or more likely ended up being brought in their school's infirmary. So, she decided to just stay where she is - at one of the comfort's room's stall, covering to stop her sob, wiping her tears that continuously flow.

Is this what she gets after confessing her love with the guy that she likes? Sufferring and endless criticisms?

Being Daniel's girlfriend is not easy after all, she said to herself and sadly sighed.

---

"Where have you been?" Daniel asked the moment she stepped inside the school's gym where their basketball team are currently practicing for the game later. Apparently, Daniel is the team captain, which means that he's carrying a big burden, knowing that their school will be competing today for their rival school.

"I... Mr. Lee talked to me for some subject matters," she lied. Of course, she won't tell him that she was verbally bullied by a group of girls in the comfort room. She doesn't want to add up to Daniel's burden as she knows that he's already feeling pressured for the game later. She wants him to stay focus on the game and not to think of any sort of problems - particularly hers.

"What is it?" Daniel asked, he ushered her to sit down on one of the bench. He wiped his sweat and drink some water. "It's not like your failing his subjects, right?"

Dahyun smiled at him and shook her head. "It's nothing, really. And nope, I'm not failing any subjects. You know how much I love studying," she chuckled a bit.

He grinned and patted her head. "Yeah, you're such a nerd. Don't stress yourself too much, hm? You're still a human, Dahyun. You need to enjoy life and break some rules sometimes. I'm not being a bad influence here, okay? You know what I mean," he winked and handed her his water bottle.

"I know, I know," she just rolled her eyes and nodded. "Go back there and practice. You need to win the game later!" she gently pushed him.

"My bag is over there," Daniel pointed at the other side of the gym. "Look after it, okay? I'll see you later!" he grinned and waved before running to s.

She stayed for a few minutes to watch him and the rest of Wanna One practice. Yep, they called themselves Wanna One. Dahyun doesn't even know where they get that name from, but she finds it cute and funny.

Before she met Daniel and the rest of the boys, there were plenty of stories that said that they are originally eleven boys. But when she met them, they're just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter