BOND

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He knows," Minhyun speaks all of a sudden. It's Friday, which means it's the last day of the review week, since next week is the start of the examination week for advanced classes. He and Dahyun are in the library, busy reviewing for the upcoming exams. A week had passed since his last encounter with Daniel. He was expecting Dahyun to come right at him, tell him that Daniel knows her secret, but he was surprised that up until now, Dahyun acts normal, same goes with Daniel. By which he concludes that Daniel didn't tell her about it. And here he is, his conscience is slowly killing him so he finally speaks up. "I broke my promise. I told Daniel that you're working in a hospital that my family owns," he confessed. "Sorry," he can't look at her as he feels guilty and really upset.

Dahyun doesn't know what to say. She was shocked, worried but at the same time she was also curious. She knows Minyun well. He will not just simply break a promise without a very important reason.

"Why did you tell him?" she asked. "There must be a reason why." When she saw the panic face of Minhyun, she starts getting even more curious. "Don't worry, I'm not mad. I mean, Daniel will knew it sooner or later," she forced a smile, trying to make Minhyun feel at ease. "But I want to know the reason why you tell him about it."

Minhyun nervously gulped. How will he tell her? Is he supposed to tell her?

This will be the very first time Dahyun sees Minhyun on that state. He's known for being confident about himself, compared to Seongwu. That's why when she saw the uneasiness written on his face, Dahyun can't help but become worried and grew even more suspicious.

"I promise to tell you some other time," he finally speaks. "This is the last day of our review. I don't want you to lose focus." Minhyun hopes that Dahyun will not push through it or else he doesn't have a choice but to tell her everything.

"Okay," was all Dahyun said before continuing to review her notes.

---

"Hey."

Dahyun swiftly turns around and sees Seongwu cheekily smiling at her. "Hey you," she acknowledged his presence and gives him a warm smile. "What's up? Why are you smiling like that? It's creeping me out, " she joked.

Seongwu's smile instantly faltered. "My smile is the most sincere of all. How could you say that it's creepy," he did a fake hurt emotion, which makes Dahyun giggle. When he hears her giggle, he smiles again then grabs her hand. "Let's go somewhere."

"Where?" she asks. With her other hand, she hurriedly locked her locker.

Seongwu didn't say anything and just drags Dahyun out of the campus. "Don't you dare text Daniel," he said while they are walking. "That guy will seriously just pops out of nowhere if he knows that you're with a guy alone."

Dahyun shyly smiles. "Daniel has always been like that even when we're still not dating," she commented.

"Nah, I don't think so," Seongwu made a face. "Back then he treats you like a little sister. But now, he treats you like you only belongs to him. Selfish brat."

Dahyun laughs so hard. "Stop being mean to your best friend. Aren't you scared that he might replace you with someone else?" she jokes.

"Psshh. I was not his first best friend among Wanna One. It was that small dude with chubby cheeks who's addicted to games," Seongwu blurted out.

Who? Dahyun abruptly stops then turns to look at Seongwu. He looks annoyed, yet at the same time he looks calm. Who was he talking about? The way he described that guy seems new and different, she thought.

Finally realizing his words, Seongwu clamped his mouth then nervously stares at Dahyun. When he sees her curious face, he silently cursed himself for being too talkative. "I'm actually referring to Sungwoon!" he said. "He's small, right? And he has chubby cheeks!" he forced a laugh, silently praying that Dahyun will buy it.

But Sungwoon oppa is not fond of games, Dahyun wanted to say, but chose to stay quiet and just smiled at Seongwu.

---

"Jihoon?" Minhyun puts his hand on someone's shoulder and abruptly turns him to face him. When he sees that it was indeed Jihoon, he was happy yet at the same time curious why he's here in one of their hospitals. "What are you doing here?" he asks. Does he perhaps knows that Sooyoung is confined here? he curiously asks himself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter