OLD FRIEND

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seongwu can't help but raised a brow while eyeing his two friends. The atmosphere is so awkward and Seongwu is dying to know what happened between these two.

Clearing his throat, he stopped eating for awhile. "Okay, couple. Spill the bean before I go crazy," he said, giving the two a stern look.

Dahyun didn't say anything nor dare to look up from the bowl of rice she's eating at.

Daniel slowly chewed his food and stole a glance at Dahyun. When he saw that she's not looking and sensed that she will not say anything, he released a tired sigh, which Seongwu saw.

"We're just tired. It was late when we got home," Daniel half-lied.

Seongwu tried to convince himself with Daniel's words, but he knows that something more happened. Seeing Dahyun's lifeless look, he knows that she's not in the mood to say something.

"Is that so," Seongwu said. He faced Dahyun, who is still not glancing up," After you eat, go wash up and rest, hmm?" he softly said to her. He heaved a sigh of relief and smiled a bit when Dahyun respond with a small nod.

Another awkward silence came as the three continue to eat their breakfast which Seongwu bought. They decided to eat in the living room. They know that Dahyun loves eating on the floor, with a table in the center. She said before that she and her parents always eat on the floor even if they have a dining table. At first, the boys found it weird, but sooner or later they somehow felt the comfort in eating on the floor.

When Dahyun finished her food, she finally looked up. Seongwu, who's obviously waiting for her to say something, glanced back at her with a concerned look.

"I was in the hospital last night," Dahyun revealed.

Seongwu's eyes widened.

Daniel dropped the chopsticks he's holding and stared at Dahyun.

"I remember now what happened," she continued. "After I get drunk, I felt an unexpected stomach cramps. It was so painful, I remember myself crying in pain and can't barely stand properly." Seongwu badly wanted to ask her why she drink at the the first place but he sensed that Dahyun is still not yet done, so he urged her to continue. "I fainted and when I woke up, I was already in the hospital," her voice is shaking as she continued. "It was so suffocating and scary," she bite her lip and fiddled her fingers, a habit of hers when she's feeling scared. "I feel like dying while lying on the hospital bed," she closed her eyes for awhile, trying to calm herself.

Daniel wanted her to stop talking because she knows that Dahyun's panic attack is slowly coming, but he felt that she really wants to tell them everything so he let his guard down and just stared at her, even if he badly wants to grab her shaking hands.

She opened her eyes again. "Not taking it any longer, I did my best to escape from that place, not noticing that I left my shoes and my bag. I ran all the way home..." she stopped for a moment and thought, "I ran thinking that I might lose Daniel and be alone forever." She didn't dare say that, because she's still disappointed at him.

"You're not alone, Dahyun." A voice rang inside her head, it made her froze.

Both Daniel and Seongwu noticed the sudden change of Dahyun's actions. "Dahyun-ah, is there something wrong?" Seongwu worriedly asked.

Dahyun knows that Seongwu is saying something but she somehow can't hear it, because another voice came into her mind. "I'm with you. I'll take you home."

Finally realizing who's voice is that from, Dahyun suddenly stood up, startling the two male. "I forgot..." she barely said.

"Yeah, you forgot your stuffs, including your phone," Daniel said. "W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter