WALK AWAY

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you think you're doing?!" Jihoon angrily faced Sooyoung. "I need to talk to Dahyun. I need to apologize to her." He attempts to move but Sooyoung held him back. "Let go!" But Sooyoung won't let him go. "I said, let go!" he yelled at her.

"Just let them go, Jihoon. Just let Dahyun go," she told him. "She loves Daniel."

"You love Daniel too," Jihoon reminds her.

"But he doesn't love me anymore," Sooyoung sadly said. "It's not the same anymore. He moved on. He loves someone else. He loves Dahyun."

Jihoon remained silent until Sooyoung finally let him go.

"I've never loved anyone else before," he finally spoke.

"I know," she smiled at him. "You were always shy around girls."

"It feels different when she's around," his tone of voice sounds so sad that Sooyung can't help but frown.

"Dahyun is a very nice girl. I understand why you like her," she paused for a moment before she continues. "And why Daniel loves her so much."

"Back then, Daniel always let me win in anything. Whether it's a basketball game, a dance battle, a rap competition, anything. But this time, he didn't let me win." He smiled and remembered those times when Daniel will give him anything he asks for. Those times where he proves how genuine he is as his best friend. "Now I believe him when he said that he won't let anyone take away his happiness."

"I may not be his happiness anymore, but I'm glad I met him and even got the chance to be with him through this very short time I have," Sooyoung said with a genuine smile on her face.

But that smile suddenly fades as she started feeling a jolt of pain on her stomach.

"What's wrong?" Jihoon worriedly asked. "Sooyoung?" he called her again when he didn't get any response.

"Ah!" Sooyoung kneeled on the floor, clutching her stomach.

"!" Jihoon cursed as he saw Sooyoung in pain. "Wait here, okay? Let me call the nurse." He started moving his wheelchair and shouting at the hallways for help.

Just then, Sana passed by and saw what's happening. She hurriedly rushed towards Sooyoung. "Oh no! You look so pale!" She checked her pulse. "Calm down, Sooyoung. Just calm down, okay?"

Three nurses and Sooyoung's doctor finally came and they all assist her back to her room.

"Will she be okay?" Jihoon asked Sana who looks really worried.

It took Sana a moment to reply.

"I don't think she can't make it any longer," she sadly mumbled.

---

"What are you thinking?" Daniel asked Dahyun who's been quiet the entire bus ride.

Dahyun sighed. "Sooyoung," she replied.

Daniel gently squeezed her hand. "Hey," he cupped her chin and made her look at him. "Everything will be alright, okay? Sooyoung is a strong girl. Did you see what she just did awhile ago? That's how strong she is. What matters now is that we are together and nothing's gonna separate us apart, okay?" he told her.

Dahyun nodded her head.

Daniel smiled at her and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter