CAREFUL

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You don't have any shift today?" Minhyun asked Dahyun. They are on their way to the school's gym to watch the boys practice basketball for their upcoming game which will be held next month.

"I have. But Soeul's parents asked me to stay for the night to look after their daughter since they will have to attend a very important dinner meeting," Dahyun replied. Good thing it's Saturday tomorrow, no school, it's also her day off at the coffee shop, so it's okay for her to stay the whole night at the hospital.

One thing she's worrying about is how she will tell it to Daniel. She sighed deeply which Minhyun noticed.

"What's wrong?" he asked. He helped her carry her other books, thinking thay maybe she's having a hard time carrying them.

"How will I tell Daniel about it? What should I reason out?" she asked.

Minhyun thinks hardly. He too didn't realized it. "Hmm... Tell him that you will sleep over to a friend? he sounded unsure with his suggestion.

Dahyun snorted. "Friend? Really?" she wants to crack up. "Daniel knows that my only friends are Wanna One and no one else. I bet you know how girls in this school see me. They all hate me for being close to all of you."

Since friendship was already brought up, Minhyun took that as an opportunity to to ask about the guy Sana mistaken as Dahyun's boyfriend.

He cleared his throat to get Dahyun's attention. "You haven't answer my question before," he started.

Dahyun gave him a curious look.

"About the guy you were with..."

Dahyun's eyes widened. "Ahhhh about that... Well, he's a friend of mine. A new friend, to be specific," she started explaining. "I met him in the coffee shop a month ago."

"A customer?" he asked.

Dahyun nodded. "A regular."

Minhyun's mouth formed an "O."

"He's cute, funny and most of the time he's annoying," she smiled while describing Jihoon. "But I like him. He makes me happy and he keeps me company when you guys are busy."

Minhyun raised a brow. "You two seem really close. Does Daniel know him?" he asked.

"Yeah... He partly knows him. He kinda hates him, you know. He actually wants me to stay away from him because he's a stranger. But I swear, he's not. I'm sure that if you guys will meet him, all of you will surely get along!" Dahyun confidently said.

Minhyun felt at ease by the way Dahyun talks about her friend. I shouldn't have doubted her from the start. He's convinced that Dahyun is not like the other girls. No wonder why Daniel never let her go. Too bad, he's still not aware of his growing feelings for her.

"I'm sure that the perfect time will come and we will get the chance to meet him," he smiled and patted Dahyun's head, then he started walking ahead.

Dahyun smiled and felt excited by the thought of Jihoon meeting Wanna One and the possibilities of being one of them. She happily skips and follows Minhyun.

He abruptly stopped and glanced back to wait for Dahyun. "By the way, what's his name?" he asked.

Dahyun finally catch up on him and then answered, "Park Jeojang!"

---

"Isn't it a bit unfair that Daniel is the only one treated that way?" Woojin annoyingly asked, pointing at the couple.

Dahyun handed a water bottle to Daniel, which he gladly took. Then she started wiping his sweaty face.

"Then find yourself a girlfriend," Seongwu commented, opening a water bottle.

"Where can I find another Dahyun?" Woojin asked, staring at the couple.

"You can't. Daniel already owns the only Kim Dahyun in the world," Jisung replied back, throwing a towel at Woojin.

"How's your review going?" Daniel asked. "Is it hard?" he worriedly asked.

"It's not hard. I actually enjoy studying," Dahyun replied. "Reading books, attending lectures, they all make me happy," she added.

Daniel gaped. "Wow... we're opposites." He drink some water. "Well, I'm proud to have a brainy girlfriend. It's good to know that you're enjoying what you're doing. It also makes me happy." He smiled at her and without thinking, he kissed her cheek.

A series of puking sounds can be heard followed by loud screams and a "You've got to be kidding me" remark by Woojin.

Dahyun can't help but chuckled at their reactions. She playfully pushed Daniel away. "I'll go get you guys some snacks. I'll be right back." She excused herself and went to the cafeteria.

When Dahyun is gone, the boys started hovering Daniel, tackling him, playfully kicking and hitting him. The guy just simply laughed so hard, while dodging the punches. Most of the powerful hits came from Woojin, who's obviously enjoying it.

"Okay enough. Geez!" Daniel finally free himself from his friends. "I was just expressing my affection towards her. You guys don't need to physically abuse me." He playfully glared at them, but did a quck kick at Woojin for hitting him hard. The younger guy groaned in pain, but began laughing afterwards.

"Can we just stay like this? No dramas, no fightings, no problems, no secrets, just simply open to one another," Daehwi commented. "It makes me happy seeing you and Dahyun like this. I feel like watching a kdrama, a much better one," he added.

The others agree for what he said.

"So, do you finally realize your feelings for her?" Seongwu asked. "I mean, was their exchanges of 'I love you's' and such," he playfully asked.

Daniel became quiet.

The boys noticed it and the mood suddenly changed.

"What matters is that we're together," Daniel reasoned out.

Sungwoon can't help but roll his eyes with what he said. "So you still haven't say those three words. Tell me, Daniel... What's stopping you?" he asked, challenging him.

"Sungwoon." Jisung stepped up. "Please, not here. Dahyun might see and heard us."

"Isn't that what's best? For her to know everything? I thought you guys don't like hiding secrets? But what is this you're doing? You're tolerating Daniel to do something terribly wrong!" Sungwoon retorted back.

"We're just waiting for the perfect time to tell Dahyun everything. We've already talked about this, right?" Seongwu talked back, trying to calm himself and Sungwoon.

"When is that damn perfect time? When Sooyoung is dead?!" Sungwoon talked back.

That's it.

Daniel stormed his way towards Sungwoon. He grabbed him by his jersey. "Choose your words wisely! You don't know how hard it is for me to do be stuck in this situation! And please stop talking to Sooyoung that way!" Daniel yelled at his face.

Sungwoon smirked. "Now I know what's stopping you... It's her... Sooyoung." Then he glared at him. "Tell me, Daniel. Do you still have feelings with your ex-girlfriend?" he asked.

"Guys stop!" Daehwi tried to stop them.

"Answer me!" Sungwoon yelled at Daniel.

"Enough!" Minhyun finally step up, he signalled the others to help him. He pulled Daniel away from Sungwoon, Jaehwan and the others pulled Sungwoon away.

Daniel's phone suddenly rang. He was not in the mood to answer it. But Jiny

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter