PAINFUL REALIZATIONS

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"J-Jihoon?" Sooyoung called out, suprised to see Jihoon. "Y-You're here," she nervously smiled. "It looks like the boys invited you too."

Jihoon slowly grabbed Dahyun's hand and gently squeezed it. Dahyun's back is still facing them, hiding her tear strained face. "Guanlin actually invited me but I remembered that I have a schedule today with my parents," Jihoon half-lied.

"Is that so?" Sooyoung said, stuttering a bit. "T-Then why are you here? I mean... D-Didn't you just said that you have a schedule with your parents?" she asked.

Jihoon smiled. "I actually came because of her." He leaned back to stare at Dahyun, who's giving her a what are you doing look. He stared at her intently, sending her a message that says just trust me. "Dahyun, actually invited me too and I promised her that I will come. So, here I am, fulfilling my promise to her," he smiled at her. "Sorry if I came late," he wiped her tears with his thumb.

"This is so surprising... So, you and Dahyun know each other?" Sooyoung asked.

Sooyoung is not the only one who looked surprised, Wanna One too. The moment Jihoon showed up, they were already surprised. But when he started being comforting towards Dahyun, all of them began to wonder what is happening.

Dahyun slowly turned around to face them. "He's a regular customer in the coffee shop where I used to work," she began to explain. "We unexpectedly became close..." her voice started to trail off.

"What a small world," Sooyoung commented. "This is so unexpected. I never thought that Dahyun will be the way to bring us all together," she happily said. "Oh, didn't you know that Jihoon is the ex-member of Wanna One?" she asked Dahyun.

"No..." Dahyun forced a smile. "No one dares to tell me..."

Guilt was written on each Wanna One members' faces.

"I think this is not the right time and place to talk about this," Jihoon broke the awkward tension. "We can catch up some other time. Me and Dahyun need to go somewhere."

Sooyoung frowned. "Aren't you gonna go with us? My father rented a sushi place to celebrate Wanna One's win." She jogged towards Dahyun and grabbed her other hand. "Please come with us! Please~" she pleaded. "If you say yes, Jihoon will surely come too!"

Jihoon can't help but roll his eyes at Sooyoung's remark. "We already planned to eat somewhere, Sooyoung. Maybe some other time," he tried to reason out.

"I think eating with them is a good idea," Dahyun said, which earned a victory smile from Sooyoung, surprised look from Jihoon, and worried look from Wanna One.

"Yes!" Sooyoung cheered, pulling Dahyun with her. "Let's go, boys!" she and Dahyun began to work together, clinging her arm on hers.

When the two girls were a bit far, Wanna One faced Jihoon.

"What the hell?!" Sungwoon was the first one to vent out his frustration. "You and Dahyun know each other?! Since when?!"

"She already said everything. I don't need to explain myself," Jihoon said. He was about to follow Dahyun and Sooyoung but Daniel abruptly grabbed his arm.

"I don't know what game is it you're playing, but please, just please... Don't involve Dahyun with it," Daniel said, gritting his teeth.

Jihoon glared at him. He forcefully removed Daniel's hand on his arm. "Game?" he scoffed. "I'm not here to play. I'm here to protect Dahyun."

"Jihoon, what the hell are you saying?" This time, Seongwu stepped in. "In case you aren't informed, let me tell you the truth. Dahyun is dating Daniel so stop this," he hissed. "Stop being all touchy to Dahyun. Stop being sweet to her. Just stop!"

Jihoon fake laughed. "So, I'm the bad guy now, huh? Wow... Seriously?" then his face became serious. "Then why don't you tell him," he pointed at Daniel, "to stop hurting his girlfriend because he's damn coward for hiding the truth to Dahyun!"

Seongwu's eyes widened. "H-How did you know?"

"Yeah! I know every ing thing you all are doing behind Dahyun's back!" Jihoon is fuming in anger.

"You know nothing," Daniel said, glaring hard at Jihoon. "Stay away from Dahyun before I entirely for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter