TRY HARD

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the first time, since they become a couple, Daniel and Dahyun walk together on their way to school. When they reached the school, as expected by Dahyun, everyone's making a big fuss when they saw the two of them walking together.

"Daniel is becoming serious with their relationship, really?"

"Wow, they're becoming showy now. I mean, just now?"

"Maybe Dahyun became a whiny girlfriend and dragged Daniel with her."

"Daniel is obviously forced by Dahyun for them to walk together."

Dahyun can hear them all. It's like they're obviously trying to make them be heard. She tried her best to ignore them every single day, but she always failed. It's not really that easy. All she can do is pretend that she was not hurt even though she badly wants to cry and beg for them to stop. 

Just then, she felt something warm holds her hand. Her head glanced on her side and saw Daniel's hardly staring infront. He looks mad and scary. Did he heard? Dahyun wondered.

When they reached their lockers, she expected that he will let go of her hand, but was suprised that he didn't. He even intertwined their fingers. With his other hand, Daniel opened her locker for her. "What are the things you need?" he asked. "Ahh, we have Math as our first subject. Here you go," he handed her Math textbook. "Hmm, what else?" he bite his lip, thinking hard, while scanning the inside of Dahyun's locker. "Right!" he snapped his fingers. "Music is second, right?" he asked Dahyun, but not entirely looking at her. He grabbed Dahyun's Music notebook and handed it to her. "Here you go," he said, smiling at her.

Dahyun was surprised with his actions, and him knowing her subjects. Yes, they have the same first subject, but the second and next ones, they aren't the same anymore. Stepping aside her soft side, remembering that she must try not to give in to Daniel's unexpected change of attitude towards her, she maintains to show an emotionless face and just get her book and notebook from him. She muttered a small "thanks" before closing her locker.

Daniel is not dumb not to notice Dahyun's change of mood ever since they last argue. It is seriously bothering him. He can't sleep last night thinking that Dahyun is mad at him for hiding something from her. She doesn't know how badly he wants to tell her the truth, but he needs the perfect timing. Although he knows that he already ed up, he doesn't want to add up to the fuel and made everything worse.

When they proceed to walk to their room, the other Wanna One members are scattered at the hallway. Daniel saw their serious faces and the way they forced to smile at Dahyun. They already know. He conclude. And he was right the moment he met eyes with both Seongwu and Minhyun. The two already told the others about Sooyoung.

"Hi, Dahyun!" Daehwi greeted her, clinging his arm at Dahyun. He leaned his head on her shoulders. "Ahh, I missed you!" he said, pouting a bit.

Dahyun chuckled. "But we just saw each other last week," she said.

"Are you okay now?" Jinyoung asked, giving her a worried look.

Dahyun nodded and smiled at him.

"Next time, if you want to drink, don't hesitate to call me," Woojin declared, pointing at himself.

"She will not drink again," Daniel said in a very serious tone. "Alcohol is bad for her. It will cause her pain." He warned everyone.

Guanlin scoffed. "Isn't that the reason why she get drunk? Because she's in pain? Or rather, someone is causing her pain," his words are so piercing. He and Daniel had a glaring battle, but Daniel knows that he's defeated because he looks away, slightly tugging his and Dahyun's still intertwined hands.

Everyone's giving Guanlin a shocked and alarming look, like they all want to cover his mouth and drag him away.

Dahyun bitterly smiled at Guanlin's comment. "Yeah, it seems like the way that I thought could ease the pain that I'm feeling, caused me pain even more." She holds on to her stomach. "My tummy disapproved alcohol. I think I'll stick to soda instead," she joked, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Drinking too much soda can caused your stomach to be bloated," Woojin joked back. "But it's okay, you're still pretty even if you get fat," he said, giving Dahyun a goofy smile.

Dahyun can't help but chuckle at Woojin's compliment. "Thanks," she said.

"Stop flirting with her," Daniel said. "Let's go. We're gonna be late," he said, pulling Dahyun. "Can you please let go of her?" He told Daehwi, who slowly uncling his arm at Dahyun's. And the two walk ahead, leaving them in dazed.

Daehwi let out a mocking laugh. "Did he just glared at me? Did you see the way he looked at me like he wants to break my arm?!" He scoffed. "Wow, Kang Daniel's becoming a jealous freak and it's seriously annoying the outta me!" He said, like he wants to strangle Daniel. "If I'm manly, I'm gonna flirt non stop to Dahyun!" he huffed, folding his arms on his chest.

"Well, isn't it great that he's finally being the boyfriend he needs to be?" Jisung asked, feeling proud to his friend.

"Just now? Really?" Jinyoung scoffed.

"I hate him," Woojin gritted his teeth. "He just told me not to flirt with Dahyun. Like, who gave him the right?!"

"Well, daily reminder that he is Dahyun's boyfriend so technically he has the right to be overprotective to her," Jaehwan stated.

Guanlin began to walk away, leaving his childish hyungs.

"I know you're feeling unfair of the situation, but please understand," Seongwu said, making Guanlin halted, back facing Seongwu.

Wanna One stared at Guanlin and Seongwu and they all became quiet and serious.

"There are only two persons who I feel unfair with," Guanlin slightly turned around to face Seongwu, "Dahyun noona a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter