CLOSER

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How did you know that he doesn't feel the same way anymore? Did you even ask him?" Dahyun asked, feeling bad for Sooyoung.

Sooyoung bitterly smiled. "He looks happy, Dahyun. Everytime I will ask him about his new girlfriend, he looks happy and excited. He's so proud to have her. I can feel it," she said.

Dahyun turned to face Sooyoung. "But are you happy?" she asked. "Are you happy seeing him that way?"

It took a moment before Sooyoung replied. "Honestly, no..." she then bite her lip. "But I have to," she added. She saw confusion written on Dahyun's face. "It's a long story, Dahyun. I'll tell you some other time," she grabbed Dahyun's hand. "For now, let's talk about your boyfriend," she smiled giddily, brightening up the mood.

Dahyun smiled a bit. "There's nothing much to talk about him," she shyly said.

"Oh come on!" Sooyoung nudged her. "Tell me anything!" she whined.

"Well, I guess you can ask anything and I'll try to answer," Dahyun said, blushing a bit.

Sooyoung felt excited. "Hmm," she cutely tapped her chin. "Is he your first kiss?" she asked.

"Well, umm, yeah," Dahyun replied, looking away. She remembered the time when she and Daniel kissed for the first time. It was so unexpected yet very memorable. Her heart starts beating fast as she remembered how it all happened. She remembered the awkward atmosphere before it happened, Daniel's eyes who were longing for her, his scent, his touch, and the feeling of his lips on hers. She can still remember everything.

"Oh god, you're blushing!" Sooyoung . "So cute!" she pinched Dahyun's cheek. Then she sighed and smiled warmly at her. "You and my ex share the same reaction when I asked him if he already kissed his girlfriend. What a coincidence."

---

"What do you want?" Minhyun asked, looking annoyed at Daniel's presence.

He was surprised to see him standing infront of his apartment. He just got back from his parents' house.

"I need your help," Daniel said immediately. "You're the only friend I can rely on."

Minhyun raised a brow.

"Look, I know that I'm ed up ---"

"Glad you know it," Minhyun cut Daniel off.

"Yeah," Daniel said, looking frustrated. "I'm really sorry for what I did last time. I was just really worried for Dahyun. I blamed you instead of thanking you. I'm really sorry, Minhyun."

"I did that for Dahyun," Minhyun straightforwardly answered.

"I know..." Daniel smiled at him. "Thanks for looking after her when I'm..." he can't seem to say it.

"When you're pretending to be someone's boyfriend," Minhyun said.

Daniel's face darkened. "I'm being a friend," he corrected him.

"Not in front of Sooyoung's father," Minhyun retorted.

Daniel sighed. "Look... I'm not here to start a fight. I'm seeking for help."

"I don't want to help you," Minhyun honestly replied.

"For Dahyun... Do this for Dahyun... Please..." This will be the very first time Minhyun saw his friend look desperately tired. "Please Minhyun..." Daniel pleaded.

Minhyun's phone rang, breaking the very serious tension.

He's hesitating to answer it, but after seeing the caller ID, he immediately answered the call. "Sana, what is it?" he asked, sounding serious. The truth is, he asked Sana to look after Dahyun, to update him about her whereabouts and the people she interacts in the hospital. "Any updates?" he asked, feeling nervous and silently praying that Dahyun and Sooyoung paths haven't met. He glanced at Daniel who looked curious as to whom he is talking to on the phone.

"Dahyunnie is fine," Sana said, sounding happy.

But it's not an enough update for Minhyun to ease the nervousness he's feeling. "And?" he patiently asked, wanting to know more.

"She gained lots of friends!"

Minhyun's face became worried of the thought of it. Daniel grew even more curious. "Who are they?" he nervously asked.

"Only a few staffs and nurses," Sana replied.

"Are you sure? How about patients?" Minhyun asked, he's fighting the urge to yell at Sana just for her to talk fast and full detailed.

"Umm... I actually saw her talking to a patient awhile ago. I think they share the same age, but I'm not sure. They're pretty close, by the way. I'm kinda jealous."

Minhyun's face became white.

.

"Minhyun, what's wrong?" Daniel finally asked.

"Sana," Minhyun tried his best to stay calm. "I want you to keep an eye on Dahyun, okay? Tell me everything and everyone she's talking to. Continue to do your job. You're doing well. Thanks!" and with that, he was ready to hang up until Sana speak up.

"Oh! Her boyfriend is here too!"

Wait, what?

Minhyun didn't say anything back to Sana and just hang up.

"Minhyun," Daniel called him out. "Who was that? What are you two talking about?" he asked.

Minhyun doesn't know what to say. Should he tell Daniel? But the situation might get worse.

"I actually asked my secretary to look after Dahyun," he half-revealed.

"Oh... Well, that's good. So, what did your secretary said?" Daniel asked. "You look worried and scared, I was so worried that something bad happened."

"You should get worried. Because there's a high possibility th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter