FRIENDS

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Woah... you look happy, Dahyunnie~"

Jihoon was expecting that Dahyun will scowl at him after calling her that nickname, but was even more surprised to see her smiling wide.

"Woah... seriously, what's up with you?" Jihoon asked, can't help but smile a bit after seeing her smile.

"My boyfriend is treating me right," Dahyun proudly answered.

Jihoon snorted. "Just now? After you two started dating, he just treated you right just now?"

Dahyun was fighting the urge to throw the table napkin at his face, but realized that she's still at work. If the CCTV camera caught her treating a customer in a bad way, she will be doomed. "Stop ruining my mood," she gritted her teeth.

"What?" Jihoon asked. He scanned the menu to find something to eat. "I'm just stating what's obvious, Dahyunnie. You're boyfriend should have been treating you right ever since he started courting you. If he really loves you, he doesn't need to be told when he should treat you right."

"He didn't court me."

Jihoon stopped for a moment and looked up from the menu, to Dahyun's sullen face. "What? You've got to be kidding me. Then how did the two of you became --- "

"I confessed to him. And he accepted my feelings," Dahyun cut him off, not realizing that she's wiping the table a little bit hard.

"Did he actually confessed his feelings for you?" Jihoon asked, trying not to sound annoyed because he knows that Dahyun's mood was already ruined and he doesn't want to add up to that.

"Does he really need to? I mean, we're dating now. He said that we should start dating and --- "

Jihoon doesn't know what he is doing. All he knows is that he's really mad right now. So without thinking of his actions, he grabs Dahyun by the arm and drag her outside the coffee shop.

"Wait! What are you doing? Let me go!" Dahyun struggles to get free from his tight grip, but Jihoon was too strong. "Jihoon! I said stop! Let me go!"

Dahyun looked back and saw some of her co-workers and a few of the customers giving them strange looks.

"I swear, if I lose my job, I'm never gonna talk to you again!" Dahyun yelled.

"You're not supposed to be working, Dahyun. Look at yourself. You're so thin, you look weak. Does your boyfriend even take good care of you?!" Jihoon yelled back, not even daring to glance at Dahyun.

"Who are you to judge him? You don't even know him! You don't know the kind of relationship we've shared," Dahyun answered back.

Jihoon stopped for a moment and faced her. "If I ever see his face, I might not control myself and punch his face. Heck, I might even steal you from him, to make him realize how stupid he is for treating you this way!"

Dahyun was stunned with his words. "Stop saying nonsense."

"I'm serious, Dahyun." He gently grabbed her cold hands. "I know the feeling of being treated unfair even if you're just being concerned and protecting the ones you love. People like us shouldn't be treated this way." He didn't realize that he's already crying right now.

"Jihoon..."

"Sorry," Jihoon bitterly laughed and wiped his tears. "What the heck.. why am I crying? Ahh seriously..."

Dahyun took a step forward but Jihoon backed away.

"No... Just forget everything that happened... forget everything that I've said... I'm sorry..." Jihoon said, stepping back.

"What's wrong with you? Tell me..." Dahyun tries to approach him, but Jihoon took another step back.

He shook his head and finally ran away, leaving a confused yet concerned Dahyun.

---

"You're spacing out. Are you okay?" Daniel asked.

It's lunch time. Thirty minuted had passed but Dahyun hasn't eaten much of her food. She's obviously not on her usual self.

"Nothing," she answered. "I'm just tired."

"Is it because of your part time job?" Daniel asked, opening her orange juice for her. "I told you to quit your job so you can get enough rest. Me and the boys promised to help you financially, right?" he said, handling her the drink.

Dahyun shook her head. "I'm fine. You guys don't need to help me. I can earn money on my own. I don't want to be a --- "

"Don't you dare say you're a burden," Daniel cut her off. He sighed and pat her head. "Eat up, hmm? We still have a few minutes left 'til lunch time's over."

Dahyun didn't say anything more and started to eat. How can she tell him that something's bothering her - no scratch that... that "someone's" bothering her.

Until now, she can't help but think about Jihoon. Ever since their last encounter, Jihoon never visited the coffee shop. They never exchanged numbers and such. She doesn't even know where he lives or what school he attends.

---

"Seongwu?"

"Hmm?" Seongwu turned around, stopped placing his books inside his locker. "Oh, Dahyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter