HARD DECISION

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you gonna do now?" Minhyun asks Daniel who looks tired.

"I don't know," he covers his face with both his hands, feeling frustrated with his current situation. Then he remembers her. "Where's Dahyun?" he asks in an instant, standing up all of a sudden. He looks left and right searching for his girl.

"She left," Seongwu replies.

"What? Why?" Daniel asks. He begins to call her.

After a few rings, Dahyun answered. "Hello?"

Daniel sighs in relief. "Thank God you answered. I was so worried. Where are you? Why did you leave all of a sudden?" he asks, sounding really worried.

"Sorry for not saying goodbye," she replies. "I was just really tired... and sad."

A long pause came. Daniel can't seem to decipher what Dahyun meant. But he refused to think about it negatively. He calms himself and tries to stop the tears that are forming in his eyes. "Where are you? I'll go wherever you are," he said, praying that Dahyun will tell him where she is. 

He hears her let out a sad sigh from the other line. "But you need to stay there... with Sooyoung." Another pause came, then she speaks again. "She needs you, Daniel. I heard what she said to you awhile ago. She was begging for you to stay until her last breath." Daniel can hear her muffling from the other line, and it breaks his heart to hear her crying and him being the reason why. "I'm not selfish enough to stop you from being with her, even though deep inside I want you to just be with me."

Daniel doesn't know what to say. He understands what she meant. She is right, but at the same time, he feels unfair with their situation.

He fails to stop his tears. "I want to see you. Please, let me see you first," he pleads, sobbing a bit. He doesn't care if people are seeing him on this state. Wanna One are giving him sympathetic looks. Seongwu gives him a pat on his back, along with Minhyun.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. It's a date. And you have to grant me three wishes, okay?" Dahyun tries to sound okay, even though deep inside her heart is breaking and her tears won't stop flowing.

Daniel can't even mutter a word anymore because he's crying so hard right now, so he just nodded his head. Whatever it is Dahyun wishes, he will grant them all. Her happiness is his top priority and nothing else more.

---

The day finally came.

Dahyun dressed up with a cute yellow dress and paired it up with comfy sandals. She tied her hair in a cute bun and applied thin make up on her face.

She and Daniel decided to see each other at the cafe where she used to work.

Her first wish was for Daniel to buy her a boquet of roses, by which Daniel replied, "You don't have to wish for this because I'll definitely buy you one everyday without asking." His reply makes her smile but it falters away that fast, realizing what this date is all about.

She checks the time and saw that she only have 15 minutes left to arrive on time.

She hurriedly get on the bus stop. Her heart is beating so fast, it feels like it's the first time she's gonna see Daniel again. Even though the truth is this might be the last time.

She finally came on her destination but she doesn't want to get off the bus, she doesn't want to continue this anymore, she doesn't want to say goodbye.

But she must.

She feels like tearing up as she approached the coffee shop. Daniel texted awhile ago that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter