STRANGER

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What time will the practice finish?" Dahyun asked as she follows Daniel.

"Not sure," he answered. Putting extra clothes inside his bag. Dahyun just nodded her head and watched him put stuffs inside his bag. "You can go home first if you want. I'll just call you," he said, closing the door of his locker.

You wouldn't even call me. Dahyun thought. She shook her head and gave him a smile. "I have duty today. You forgot didn't you?" she asked, trying not to sound disappointed.

Daniel think for a while before realization hit him. He almost forgot that Dahyun has a part time job. "Ahh right. Sorry," he apologized. "Do you want me to walk you at the bus stop first?" he offered.

Dahyun wants to say "yes," but she saw him suddenly checking the time. 5 minutes before their basketball practice starts. "No need. I can walk by myself," she forced a smile. "You should go now," she gently pushed him. "Do well on your practice!"

He stopped for a moment. He turned to face her, thinking of something to say.

Dahyun's eyes rounded. She saw the way he's casually biting and his lips. A habit of him when he's feeling nervous or unsure of what to do or say. It's a habit of Daniel when he feels like he's forced to do something he doesn't like to do.

"I'll walk you home. Wait for me, okay?" he said. "Uhh, what time will your duty end?" he asked.

He forgot. Again. She suppressed her disappointment by lightly biting her lip. "The coffee shop close at 10 pm," she said.

"Okay, before 10 pm I'll be there," Daniel said, taking a few steps back. "Wait for me, okay?" he said, turning around, completely leaving Dahyun without even giving her a chance to say goodbye to him.

Dahyun sighed.

"He doesn't even have to force himself to fetch me home," she murmured.

---

10:38 pm.

No signs of Kang Daniel.

Dahyun casually checked her phone if she receives any text message from him. But there's none. 

She's contemplating whether to text or call him now, to remind him that he promised that he will fetch her.

"But I don't want to sound like a demanding girlfriend," she said to herself. She sighed for the nth time before putting her phone back inside her pocket.

Just then, she heard someone sighed too.

She raised her head and saw a guy around her age sitting at the far corner of the coffee shop. Wait, I thought I'm the only one who's here. She checked the signage at the door and she remembered flipping it to "CLOSED."

"Where did that guy came from?" she wondered. "I didn't even saw him getting inside."

"Umm..."

Dahyun abruptly turned around and saw the guy transferred seats. He's now sitting at the table counter. "What...do you want...sir?" she nervously asked, slowly approaching the guy. "The shop is actually closed..." she added.

"I know. Sorry." The guy apologized, scratching the back of his head. "I'm actually waiting for my friends. But un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter