CONFESSION

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I like you."

Dahyun gather up the courage to say those three words. Even if she's being given judging looks, she doesn't care. It's now or never. She must confess.

The guy gave him a not-so-surprised look. His face is emotionless, but it looks like he's thinking.

"Dahyun --- " the guy's best friend named Seongwu was about to say something, but he was immediately cut off.

"Sure. Let's date."

Everyone gasped, except for Dahyun who's face instantly brightened with what he said. "Really?" she asked, still can't believe that he accepts her confession.

"Yeah," the guy replied, forcing a smile. "But I can't be with you now. Me and Seongwu need to go somewhere."

"No, it's fine!" Dahyun said, a big bright smile on her face. "You and Seongwu can go. It's fine with me, really."

The guy just nodded his head and was about to leave but Dahyun called him out.

"Thank you!" she did a 90 degree bow. "Thank you for not rejecting me."

The guy approached her and gently patted her head. "No problem. You should go home now. I'll call you later."

The two exchanged numbers way back, but Dahyun is always the first one to send her messages. Most of the time, she doesn't get any replies, but it's fine with her. That's how much she likes him.

Dahyun nodded her head. "Okay, I'll go home now! See 'ya!" she slowly walks backwards before turning around and happily runs back home. She doesn't care if her schoolmates are giving her disgusted and judging looks, what matters is that her crush and first love accepted her confession and she was not rejected.

When Dahyun was gone, everyone's attention was transferred to the guy. They're all giving him a what-the-hell-are-you-thinking look.

"What do you think you're doing?" Seongwu asked, sounding really pissed at his best friend.

"I'm trying." He answered before he started to walk, not caring about the judging looks he's receiving.

"Trying what?" Seongwu asked. "Daniel, end this now before it's too late!" he hissed, trying to stay calm.

"Dahyun is a nice girl, Seongwu," Daniel began, "there's nothing wrong if I try liking her back."

They're now at the parking lot. Daniel is searching for his car keys while Seongwu is walking back and forth, can't believe that his friend just made another wrong decision.

"The point here is Dahyun is a nice girl. Behind her big, bright smile is a fragile heart," Seongwu explained. "Accepting someone's feelings should not be a trial and terror."

"Are we gonna argue about this? 'Coz I'm getting pissed now, and I can't seem to find my goddamn key!" Daniel raised his voice, frustratingly rummaging his bag.

"Please get to know her more before you break her heart," Seongwu advised. "I'm not in the mood to hang out now. I'll just go home by myself. Make sure to call Dahyun just as you said awhile ago," was his last words before leaving Daniel alone.

When Seongwu was gone, Daniel found his key and angrily get inside his car, slamming the door. He understands why Seongwu said those words. He too is afraid of what he did. What was he thinking? He should've think first before accepting Dahyun's feelings. "," he muttered before slamming his fist on the steering wheel.

Just then, his phone beeped. It's Dahyun. She sent her a text message, as usual.

He always receives text messages from Dahyun ever since he gave her his number. He's replying to her messages, but not all the time. It's not that he's intentionally doing it. It's just that, it feels wrong if he became even close to her.

He opens her message.

I'm on the bus now. It's a bit crowded but I'm fine. I hope you and Seongwu will arrive safely to wherever you two are going.

Daniel was contemplating whether to reply or not. He was thinking about Seongwu's words.

In the end, he decided to turn off his phone and went to a place where he can unwind.

---

The next day, Dahyun excitedly went to school. As always, her fellow students are giving her judging looks.

Dahyun is known as the "crazy" girl.

She's always smiling, grinning,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter