SECRETS

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How's your foot?" Daniel asked.

Dahyun looked surprised. It took her a minute to answer his question. "Uhh, it healed," she awkwardly answered.

Feeling the awkward tension, Daniel cleared his throat and lightly scratched the back of his head. "Are you still mad?" he asked.

Dahyun instantly nodded.

"I understand," he said, looking down.

Dahyun faced him. "Do me a favor and I will forgive you and Seongwu," she started.

Daniel faced her back. He gave her a wondering look, "Sure, what is it?" he asked.

Dahyun sighed and grabbed his hands. "Can you promise me that you will not hide anything from me?" she pleaded. "I mean, I know each of us has secrets that we personally keep. But if the time will come that you can't hide it any longer, can you please tell it to me as soon as possible so I will ready myself? It's just that... I'm really not good in surprises, you know what I mean, right?" she asked.

Daniel gave her a concerned look. Yes, he definitely knows what she meant. Dahyun had been through a lot. Before he met her, she was a total wrecked. She was badly hurt, both physically and emotionally. But more emotionally.

He squeezed her hand then pulled her into a tight hug. "I will try my best, Dahyun. But for now, please bear with me. Stay with me, hmm?" he gently whispered in her ear.

Dahyun doesn't know what his words truly mean, but because she loves him so much, of course, she will trust him and swear to herself that she will stay on his side. She nodded on his chest and hugged him back.

---

"So, what's your plan?" Seongwu asked. He eyed Daniel, giving him an intent look. "Make sure that your plan won't make Dahyun get hurt in any ways," he intentionally added.

"I'm gonna end everything," Daniel started. He faced Seongwu. "I'm gonna tell her to stop."

"That's easy to say, Daniel," Seongwu said. "How the hell are you gonna do that? That ex-girlfriend of yours is a stubborn -- "

"Stop it, Seongwu," Daniel hissed. "She's not like that."

Seongwu fake laughed. "Wow, Kang Daniel. You just said awhile ago that you will end things with her, and now you're defending her?! What the hell is wrong with you?!" he raised his voice.

Good thing, the other members are still not around or else things will get even more complicated.

"She explained everything to me. Why she did that... why she did that with him..." Daniel said, careful with his words.

"And you believed her?!" Seongwu scoffed. "Daniel," he said in a very serious tone, "a soft heart can easily be moved by sweet words. And you just proved yourself to be a perfect example."

"I know her more than you do," Daniel reasoned out. "She's been through a lot, Seongwu. She's hurting too."

"So that's your plan, huh? To stay on her side until she's no longer hurting? The , Daniel!"

"It's my fault why she's hurting. It's my responsibility to be there for her until she fully heals," Daniel replied back.

Seongwu shook his head. "Can you hear yourself?" He frustratingly stared at Daniel. "Aren't you being dumb and selfish?"

"I'm trying to fix everything, Seongwu."

"No, Daniel. You're just making things complicated," and with that, Seongwu walked away.

---

"I have a confession to make," Jihoon started. He waited for Dahyun's shift to end so he will walk her home.

Dahyun gave him a weird look. "Don't you dare say that you like me or else I'm gonna scream that you're a stalker!"

Jihoon rolled his eyes and laughed a bit. "We will get on that, Dahyunnie. But for now, let me confess a secret," he said, then winked.

They stopped on a food stall and Dahyun can't help but feel hungry by just staring at the series of street foods.

"Hungry?" Jihoon asked.

Dahyun just nodded her head.

"Buy whatever you want. I'll pay," Jihoon offered.

"Really?" Dahyun asked, eyes widened in joy.

Jihoon leaned his face closer to hers. He placed his hand at the top of her head, gently patting it. "Yes, Dahyunnie. But you have to repay me some other time. For now, eat whatever you want, okay?"

"OK!" she excitedly yelled and began choosing foods to eat.

---

"Are you dating someone?"

Daniel stopped peeling the apples for a moment, avoiding her gaze. "Yeah," he replied.

"I see."

"You should eat," he placed the plate of peeled and sliced apples on her lap. "After you finished, I'll leave," he said.

A nurse came and checked her UV. Then after a few minutes, she left.

An awkward silence came.

"Who is she?" she asked, taking a small bite of an apple.

"You don't know her," Daniel replied.

"I want to know her."

"Maybe when the right time comes," he said, cheking the time. It's already past 10 in the evening. Dahyun must be at home now. Did she made it to the bus stop? I better give her a call later, Daniel thought.

"When will that be?" she asked.

Daniel didn't say anything.

"When you finally decided to stop seeing me?" she added, when she didn't get any reply from Daniel. "Tell me. Does she knows that you're with me, Daniel?" she asked.

When she didn't get any reply again, she smiled and commented, "You're cheating on her."

"I'm not cheating on her. I'm being here for you as a friend, let me clear that out for you," Daniel is trying his best not raised his voice because they are in the hospital and he's thinking about her current state.

"A friend..." she repeated then smiled bitterly.

"It's late," Daniel stood up. "I'm going home," he grabbed his bag, preparing to leave. His back turned to her.

"I'm still hurting... " she said, her voice shaking. "Because I still love you, Daniel."

He took a deep breath. "I'll be back again whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter