TRUTH UNTOLD

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Well, this is new," Guanlin takes the seat opposite to Jihoon. "For the first time you contacted me first and even asked for my company. What's up, hyung?" he playfully grins at Jihoon.

"Nothing," Jihoon smirks, taking a sip of his strawberry smoothie.

"Well, I have something to tell you," Guanlin looks excited. "The final basketball game will happen tomorrow in our school. You should come! All eleven of us should make a reunion and that will be the perfect time," he said, yearning for Jihoon to say yes.

"Oh, is that so?" Jihoon said, placing down his drink. He thinks for awhile before smiling at his friend. "Well, that sounds nice. A reunion, you said," he nods a bit. "But will they be ready to see me? I don't want to ruin the moment you know," he said.

Guanlin scoffs. "What are you saying? We are all ready to see you!" he excitedly said. "So, what do you think?"

"Hmm, okay. I'll show up tomorrow... But," he stops Guanlin from celebrating, then he continues, "don't tell the others that I'm coming. I want to surprise them." He flashes a smile to Guanlin.

Guanlin doesn't know why he suddenly felt uneasy. There's something about the way his Jihoon hyung is acting right now. Half of him is happy that Wanna One will finally, hopefully, be complete, and half of him feels like something terrible is about to happen.

"Anyways, is Daniel's girlfriend will be there too?" Jihoon asks.

Guanlin is kinda hesistant to answer. He doesn't know why all of a sudden he doesn't want to say anything about his Dahyun noona's whereabouts. "Uhh... Yeah, I think so. She will support Daniel hyung and all of us..." he badly wants to ask why Jihoon suddenly brought Dahyun up, but he's scared to know.

"Well, that's good to know," Jihoon nods. "I want to meet her," he smiles.

A smile that Guanlin can't seem to decipher.

---

"I'm not sure if I can make it tomorrow. I need to look after Soeul. Her parents needs to attend a very important business trip," Dahyun tells Minhyun. They are walking their way to the basketball court where the rest of Wanna One are practicing for tomorrow's final game. Minhyun will participate on the game too as a substitute.

"I'll assign Sana to take your place for awhile. I'm sure she and Soeul already met. Besides, Sana easily gets along to people. She won't be having a hard time looking after Soeul," Minhyun said.

"You don't have to!" Dahyun protested.

"You don't want to watch our game tomorrow?" Minhyun looks upset. "The boys will be upset if they finds out that you're not coming. Especially your possessive boyfriend," he said, staring at Daniel's direction. They finally reached the court.

She follows Minhyun's gaze. It instantly fell on Daniel who looks very serious practicing basketball.

Dahyun sighs and placed her bag on one of the bench. "Soeul might get upset too..." she mumbles.

Minhyun thinks for awhile before suggesting what he thinks is the best thing to do. "Why don't you take a half day at work, then afterwards you go here as soon as possible. Is that okay with you?"

Dahyun smiles at him. "Much better."

"Minhyun hyung!" Guanlin jogs his way towards them. He stops to say hi to Dahyun for a moment before facing Minhyun. "I need to talk to you for a moment," he said in a very careful tone of voice.

"What is it?" Minhyun looked curious. He knows that Guanlin rarely do this kind of things unless it's very important, or more like... suspicious.

---

Dahyun bades goodbye to Soeul. She gives her a peck on the cheek and makes her promise to be a good girl to Sana.

"Please cheer Mr. Hwang for me!" Sana said, doing a cheering pose.

Eh?

Dahyun gives her a surprised look.

"W-Well... Umm, h-he's my boss, remember? I-It's normal for me to cheer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter