SOMEONE

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You look happy, Dahyunnie~"

Dahyun's eyes widened and her smile got bigger when she saw Jihoon standing in front of her apartment.

She excitedly ran up to him. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

Jihoon looked around. "You're alone?" he asked.

"Hmm?" she wondered.

"You're not supposed to walk home alone, Dahyun. Look at your foot, it's still not okay. I'm actually expecting that your boyfriend will walk you home," he said, looking serious.

"Something important came up. He received an urgent call," she replied, trying to sound reasonable.

Jihoon scoffed. "Important? A call? From whom?" he asked.

Dahyun then realized that she doesn't really know who called Daniel. She forgot to ask. "Does it matter who called?" she retorted back.

He raised a brow up. "You should be suspicious with your boyfriend's acts, Dahyun."

"Why would I? I trust him," she said, walking passed Jihoon. She get the door key underneath the door mat, where she's hiding it. She then faced Jihoon, "and I trust you too, Jihoon. So please, stop ruining my mood. What are you doing here anyway?" she asked.

"I'm hungry." He then revealed the bags of groceries he bought. "Cook for me, please?" he said in a cute tone.

Dahyun was surprised with his sudden change of mood. "Awhile ago you're annoying me, and now you're doing aegyo. Wow Park Jihoon, you've got some serious problem with your personality. I can't help but take back what I said about trusting you," she playfully commented.

Jihoon moved closer to her. "Say whatever you want. I'm still much better than your boyfriend," he said, then he snatched the key to Dahyun's hand.

---

The time Dahyun sprained her ankle, Jihoon carried her on his back and took her home.

Normally, she won't let that happen. Dahyun is well-known for being careful in getting close to other people.

When she first met Jihoon, she feels annoyed yet at the same time, she feels the sort of connection that he needs her, and she needs him.

She never thought that they will be this close and will reach to the point that she will feel comfortable when he's around - just like what she felt when Wanna One is with her.

"You know what, I do have friends - male friends," Dahyun started out. She's in the kitchen, sorting out what Jihoon bought.

Jihoon on the other hand is in the living room, making himself feel comfortable while laying on the floor. "Really? Only guys?" he asked.

"Yup. They're a group of guys," she added. "They're like my brothers."

"Brothers..." Jihoon mumbled. He then remembers his friends. He sat up and stared at Dahyun's back. "So are you saying that I'm like one of them?"

She turned around. "Nope. You're different," she thinks for awhile, trying to say the next word.

Jihoon is anticipating what she's going to say next.

"You're annoying and loves to whine," Dahyun said. "Yup," she nodded, agreeing with her words. "You're indeed different from them," then she continued preparing the food.

Jihoon made a face. "Meanie," he said, too loud for Dahyun to hear. He then lied down again on the floor. "Remember when I told you that I'm waiting for my friends to come?" he asked.

Dahyun just hummed, letting him continue.

"They never come," he blatantly said. "They never showed up or contacted me."

She stopped for a moment and looked at Jihoon who is staring at the blank ceiling. "Are you gonna tell me the whole story or am I just gonna wait again?" she asked.

She doesn't want to force him to open up a very sensitive topic. She already witnessed him break down, and for no reason why, that sight of him breaks her heart.

Jihoon became quiet.

Dahyun waits for him to say something or what he will do next.

After a few seconds, Jihoon stood up and went to the kitchen. Dahyun is eyeing his every move. She feels nervous but at the same time she feels like she needs to be there for Jihoon at times like this.

He swiftly sat on the kitchen counter and pulled Dahyun closer to him. He wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his head on her stomach. "I'm so sad, I want to eat delicious foods. Please, hurry up and cook for me, Dahyunnie. Please..."

At that moment, Dahyun conclude that Jihoon is someone that hates to be alone, a guy that easily feels lonely, a childish brat that needs attention, and a person who needs care.

A person who is just like her.

---

"How are you feeling?" Seongwu asked. "I mean, your foot," he glanced at Dahyun's left foot.

"Much better," Dahyun replied with a smile.

"Did Daniel stay in your apartment last nig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter