SUSPICION

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is the name of that ex-member perhaps... Park Jihoon?"

The moment that question comes out of Dahyun's mouth, a loud bang was heard.

The intruder? None other than the boyfriend himself, Kang Daniel.

It was so fast. Just a while ago it was only her and Seongwu, but now, her boyfriend is here.

And he looks mad.

The way Dahyun delivered the question awhile ago was not a bit too loud, and it came in sync when Daniel slammed his fist on the table, which explains why Seongwu was not able to hear it.

"What the--- The hell are you doing here?!" Seongwu asked, looking agitated. "And what's with that slamming your fist on the table? Seriously, Kang?" he gave Daniel a look of disbelief.

"The hell are you doing too, huh? Taking out my girlfriend on a date behind my back?" Daniel looked really pissed.

"Wait, what?" Seongwu scoffed. "What the hell is wrong with you? Are you seriously..." he frustratingly run his hand on his face. "You think me and Dahyun are...? Seriously?!"

"Rumors will start circulating in school. You should know better, Seongwu. I don't want my girlfriend to be called names and be accused of being a flirt."

That's it.

Seongwu stood up, looking annoyed with Daniel's words. "What the is wrong with you?! Choose your words wisely! Can't you see that Dahyun is here?!" He grabbed Daniel by the collar, and yelled at his face, "You're the one misinterpreting everything!"

"Seongwu, stop," Dahyun stood up and hold on to Seongwu's arm. Seongwu hesistantly let go of Daniel. "Let's just continue talking some other time," she forced a smile, grabbing her bag.

Then she left.

"Dahyun, wait!" Daniel called out.

---

"Dahyun!" he succesfully caught up on her, grabbing her by the arm. "I'm sorry!" he apologized, turning her to face him.

"What is wrong with you?" Dahyun asked. "Why are you being like this? Seongwu is my friend, your best friend! How could you assume that we're dating behind your back. Of all people?"

Daniel bite his lip, feeling guilty. "I'm really sorry." His hand moved from her arm down to her hand. "I was... I panicked when I didn't see you after school..." I thought you leave me. I thought you're gone.

"Seongwu invited me to grab some snacks. What's wrong about that? You can't be jealous. You know very well that me and Seongwu are just --" she was not able to finish her words when Daniel pulled her and hugged her tight.

"I know and I'm really sorry," he whispered.

Dahyun sighed and hugged him back. "Tell me what's wrong. You won't act like this if there's nothing bothering you," she said, pulling out from his arms. She cupped his face, "Are you okay?" she worriedly asked.

Daniel didn't say anything and just stared at her.

Her brows creased. "Is this about me not telling you that I'm working at Minhyun's hospital?" she asked.

When Daniel still didn't utter a word, she already knows the answer.

"So, you're mad at me," she said.

I'm mad at myself, Daniel wanted to say.

"Sorry I lied," Dahyun apologized. "I just don't want to depend on you always. You always worry about other people, about me." She grabbed Daniel's hand and intertwined their fingers. "You should worry about yourself too," she said, looking at him with concern.

Dahyun is not dumb not t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter