LIPS

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jihoon, what are you doing here?" Dahyun asked as she pulled away from Jihoon.

"You're not answering my calls nor replying my messages. I thought something bad happened to you. I was so worried!" Jihoon explained, looking so damn worried.

She saw how he was still catching his breath, how he sweat so hard, and how worried he looked. She can't help but feel soft and touched with his actions. " Sorry," she softly mumbled. "I left my phone at my locker that's why I was not aware that you were calling. Sorry for making you worry. Next time I'll make sure to put it on my pocket always," she gave him a sweet smile and patted his arm.

"Did you get panic attacks?" Jihoon asked, scanning Dahyun from head to toe.

Dahyun chuckled. "I'm fine. Seriously. My superior is taking good care of me. I think she's a psychiatrist, not sure. But she's really nice." She then leaned forward and whispered on his hear, "She's pretty too."

He slightly moved away and scrunched his nose. "Do you really need to whisper that to me?" he asked, trying his best not to blush because of the sudden closeness.

She smirked. "Aren't boys interested with pretty girls?" She playfully nudged Jihoon. "Do you want me to give you her number?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"I'm not interested," Jihoon flatly replied.

"Why? Are you already interested to someone else?" she asked, feeling curious and interested at the same time. "Who is it?"

Yes, I'm already interested to someone. And it's you, idiot. Jihoon is fighting the urge to yell that on her face. "Someone who is an idiot, like you," he said, turning on his heels, a playful smirk formed on his face.

"What?! Did you just called me an idiot?!" she ran to catch up to him.

He chuckled and intentionally slowed down his pace so she could catch up to him. When she did, he grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to him. "Treat me some lunch and I'll stop calling you and idiot," he said, grinning at him.

Dahyun scoffed and rolled her eyes. But later on, she gave in and grinned back at him. "Fine. Let's go get some lunch."

---

Dahyun spent the entire afternoon looking after her patient Soeul. The two easily got along as they share some similar likes and interests. She learned that the little girl also likes to play the piano, just like her.

"Do you have piano at home, unnie?" Soeul asked.

Dahyun forced a smile then shook her head. "I used to. But not anymore," she replied, trying not to sound sad so the little girl won't be upset.

Back then, Dahyun's parents bought her a gift for her 8th birthday. It was a piano. A grand piano. Her father was the who taught her how to play it. Every single day, she will always practice and even try to compose her own piano piece.

But when her parents died, her piano was also taken away from her.

Her uncle, the brother of his mother, sell the piano for a reason that he will use the money to pay for her tuition. Which was a lie.

The money was used for personal intentions and Dahyun never once got the taste of using the money. Her cousins treated her like a slave, constantly beating her, taking all of the clothes and belongings her parents bought her. Her uncle never once listened to her whenever she asked for help. Instead, he will beat her and always blame her for the death of her parents.

It was never a home for her. It was hell. A life that Dahyun will never ever try to go back.

Dahyun woke up from her thoughts when she felt small, cold hands caressing her face. "Unnie, don't cry," Soeul cooed, wiping her tears.

Am I crying? She felt her cheek, and yes indeed, she was crying. She sniffed and gently wiped her tears. "Oh, I'm sorry," she said, smiling a bit so Soeul won't feel worried.

"Next week, I will be allowed to go home. You should come with me so we can play the piano together," Soeul offered, smiling at her.

"Really? I'd like that."

The little girl's eyes beamed in excitement. She jumped in Dahyun's arms and hugged her tight. "I can't wait to go home and play the piano with you."

Dahyun hugged her back. "Me too, sweetie."

---

To: Dahyunnie
What time will you arrive home? How's your first day at your new part-time job?

To: Dahyunnie
Do you want me to fetch you?

To: Dahyunnie
I'll wait for you at the bus stop

To: Dahyunnie
Do you want to eat dinner outside? Or should I just cook?

To: Dahyunnie
Wait. I forgot that I don't know how to cook 😅

To: Dahyunnie
Call me if you're on your way home

To: Dahyunnie
Take care, Dahyun.

"I miss you..." Daniel mumbled the three words, contemplating whether to text that to Dahyun or not. He had been continuously sending her messages for like every minute. He's scared the she might get annoyed. Maybe she's busy. He thought. He bite his lip and stared at his phone screen. Insisting to wait for her reply.

Lately, he realized that both of them are really busy. Him with the upcoming basketball finals, and Dahyun with the upcoming examinations for honor students. "She shouldn't have get another part-time job. She's obviously overworking herself," he sighed and suddenly remember that one night when he kissed Dahyun for the first time.

He shot up from the sofa and suddenly felt hot. What was I thinking? It was just a kiss. It's normal for them to do that since they're a couple. He also remembered that one time he kissed her cheek after winning on the open game last week. He can feel his face heating up. Why am I feeling like this? He felt his heart beating so fast. He remembered the shocked written on Dahyun's face and the feeling of her lips on his. It feels so right.

"What the heck, Kang Daniel?! Stop thinking about that..." he told himself. Bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter