WARNING

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon has been off the entire afternoon he's with Woojin and Guanlin.

Ever since Guanlin mentioned that familiar name, Jihoon can't seem to be at ease.

He keeps on telling himself that it's not her. It's not his Dahyun. That it's someone else.

But when his two friends started telling stories about Daniel's girlfriend, Jihoon can't help but find lots of similarities between that girl and the Kim Dahyun he knows.

The entire time he remains quiet as he listens to Woojin blabbering how Daniel becomes jealous and possessive towards his girlfriend and Guanlin looking up to his Dahyun noona for being strong and positive.

Jihoon never felt so lost in his entire life.

He knows that Dahyun is already in a relationship with someone else. He respects that idea. He knows how much she loves that guy. And to be very honest, he's already willing to accept his defeat and maybe perhaps let her go.

But after this meet up with his friends and knowing a still unbelievable fact about Daniel's complicated relationship, the idea of letting Dahyun go can't seem to be a good idea for Jihoon.

Although it's still not confirm that the Dahyun he likes and the Dahyun that Daniel's dating is the same person, Jihoon knows that he must not just sit down and chill.

Any possibilities can happen.

Even if he wants to ask more about this Dahyun, he can't hide the fact that he's scared to know the truth.

His last encounter with Daniel was already traumatizing. That time, it was the first time he saw his friend cried in pain and the feeling of betrayal was creeping inside him. Even though what he did wasn't intentional, Jihoon is still blaming himself for breaking Daniel and Sooyoung's oh so perfect relationship as well as their brotherly bond.

And now, the possibility of it happening again scared the out of Jihoon.

But it's different.

He's not scared of Daniel.

What he's scared about is what he might do to Daniel if he continuously hurt that Dahyun.

"I just hope Daniel hyung finally tells Dahyun noona the truth. I'm scared of what will happen if she finds out," Guanlin said in a worried tone.

"If Dahyun gets hurt..." Woojin can't seem to finish his words. He just shakes his head and tiredly sighs.

"If she gets hurt... then it's Daniel's loss," Jihoon muttered. Because I won't hesitate to take away Dahyun from him, he said to himself, hiding his clench fists under the table.

---

"Mr. Hwang!"

"Sana?" Minhyun's eyes rounded in confusion when he sees her. "Wait, what are you doing here?" he asks. "Aren't you assign in another hospital?"

"Ahhh. About that," Sana paused a bit. "Hmm... Well, your father transferred me here in the main hospital branch."

"Since when?" Minhyun asks. "How come I was not informed."

"Mr. Hwang please don't get mad at me. I was just following your parents instructions," Sana bowed, feeling scared at Minhyun's glare.

Minhyun paced back and forth. "I have trusted you to look after Dahyun. You know very well the task that I gave you, right?"

Sana nodded. "I know that very well, Mr. Hwang," she answered.

"I don't think so," Minhyun said with a hint of disappointment. "Because if you know it, you will not leave Dahyun alone at the other branch of our hospital." He tries not to yell at her, gritting his teeth. He can't seem to be at ease knowing that no one's looking aftet his friend who has a phobia in hospitals.

"I didn't leave her," Sana finally spoke after a few minutes. When Minhyun doesn't seem to care of what other things she's going to say, she continued, "I actually bring her along with me."

Minhyun froze on his spot.

Sana noticed it and nervously asked, "Mr. Hwang, is there something wrong?"

"What did you just say?" Minhyun asked, looking pale.

"Umm, Dahyun is here. She's, umm, working here?" Sana stuttered, trying to smile at her boss, but failed when his face slowly reveals a fuming anger. "Mr. Hwang, I just did what you told me to do. You told me to look after Ms. Kim and that's what I did. I bring her along with me and --"

"Enough Sana," Minhyun said, sounding deadly serious. "Just... Just go, please," he started massaging his temples. "Just call it a day."

Sana didn't hesitate anymore and started walking away, afraid of what her boss might do next.

Reminds herself not to anger Hwang Minhyun. She will definitely add that up to her "not-to-do lists."

When Sana is gone, Minhyun automatically dialed up the first person h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter