SAVIOR

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can you do me a favor?" Sooyoung asked, adjusting the blanket of her hospital bed. Daniel helped her.

"Sure. What is it?" he asked. He occasionally checks the time. It's already past 8 in the evening. He wonders if Dahyun already went home from her new part time job. He already texted her after he ate dinner with Sooyoung. He told her that he's sorry for leaving without saying a word and promise to make it up for her when he gets back home. But sadly, until now, Dahyun hasn't replied back.

"Can you please buy me some persimmons? I've been craving for it since yesterday. I told Dad to buy me some, but I think he forgot," Sooyoung said. She carefully sat on her bed and stared at Daniel's distracted face. "Hey, are you okay?" she worriedly asked.

"Huh?" Daniel asked, waking up from his thoughts, which is obviously Dahyun. He scratched the back of his head and tiredly smiled at Sooyoung. "Just tired," he replied. "I'll go buy you some persimmons."

"No, it's fine. If you're tired, you can just go home. I'll just remind my dad again," Sooyoung said.

"Nah, it's okay. I need to buy something too." Without waiting for her reply, Daniel dashed off and headed to the door.

---

"Room 403," Jihoon mumbled as he scan the hallways, searching for the said room. When he finally saw it, his eyes widened and a big smile slowly formed on his lips. He feels excited to see her.

He softly knocked.

When he didn't get any response, he hesitated to come in. What if she's not inside? What if she gave me the wrong room number? What if the patient's parents went back and Dahyun is not there? What if... Aish! I'll just call her to make sure. He dialed Dahyun's number. After 5 rings, she finally answered.

"Hellooooo?"

Jihoon's eyes rounded. That doesn't sound Dahyun. "Umm.. Hello? Who is this?" he asked.

"Dahyun unnie is sleeping," the little girl sounds like she's whispering, careful not to wake her Dahyun unnie.

"Oh, is that so?" Jihoon asked, smiling a bit. The little girl's cute voice made him smile. She sounds like she's whispering so Dahyun will not wake up. "Actually, I am outside your room. Dahyun asked me to come so we could eat dinner together. Is it okay if I come in?" he asked.

"Should I wake Dahyun unnie?" she innocently asked.

"No, let her sleep a bit more," Jihoon said.

"Are you going to surprise her?" the little girl sounds excited.

Jihoon chuckled. "Do you want me to surprise her?" he asked. He knows that she is eagerly nodding her head even if he can't see her. "Okay, I'm coming in. You better be quiet so Dahyun won't wake up, okay?"

"Okay! You can come in now," the little girl tries her best not to squeal in excitement.

Jihoon hang up and carefully slide the door open, slowly revealing himself. He playfully put a finger on his lips. He can't help but smile when he finally catch a glimpse of Dahyun's patient. She's really cute like what Dahyun said, he thought. He quietly get inside and closed the door, making small footsteps as he approach the them. He placed the food he bought on the bedside table.

Soeul cutely covered to hide her giggles. Jihoon tries his best not to squish her cheeks.

He approached the little girl and gently carried her in his arms. "Hi I'm Jihoon," he introduced himself.

Soeul smiled at him and whispered in his ears, "My name is Soeul."

Then they both stared at Dahyun's sleeping figure. She's sleeping on Soeul's bed. She's lying on her side, using her arm as her pillow. is slightly opened.

Jihoon carefully sat on the opposite side of the bed, with Soeul in his arms. He stared at Dahyun's sleeping face. He noticed how flawless and pale her skin is, how pointy is her nose, how long are her eyelashes and how thin are her lips. "So beautiful," he can't help but mumble.

"My unnie is so pretty, right?" Soeul whispered. And Jihoon didn't hesitate to agree and nodded his head.

"What should we do to wake her up?" the little girl asked. "Should we give her a kiss?" she said innocently.

Jihoon was slightly taken a back for what the little girl said. Give Dahyun a kiss? he thought. Then unconsciously, he stared at her lips. The thought of kissing Dahyun makes him blush. At the same time, he knows that it's wrong for him to do that since she already has a boyfriend.

"You kiss her cheek then I'll kiss her nose," Soeul suggested.

He stared back at Dahyun's face. Maybe a kiss on the cheek won't be that bad, right?

"You go first," Soeul gently pushed him down towards Dahyun.

Jihoon's heart started beating fast as his face comes closer to Dahyun's. He gulped. Just a kiss on the cheek, Jihoon. Only on her cheek, he continuously chanted on his head.

He was about to kiss Dahyun's cheek, when suddenly Dahyun moved and turned her head, resulting for his lips to brush on hers.

Jihoon's eyes widened. He began to panic. But when he saw Dahyun's eyes are still closed, he felt relieved. But his heart is beating so fast, he wondered if Soeul or Dahyun can hear it. When he saw that her eyes are slowly opening, he began to panic again. Good thing Soeul leaned down and kissed Dahyun's nose.

Soeul giggled in joy. "Oops. We wake you up," she cutely apologized, nuzzling her nose at Dahyun's cheek.

"We?" Dahyun asked, voice still sound a bit sleepy. Then she slightly moved away from Soeul and finally saw Jihoon, who's covering half of his face. She immediately sat up. "Jihoon! When did you come? Oh my gosh. I'm sorry I fell asleep!" she said, brushing her hair up.

Jihoon tries to hide the blush on his face. "I-It's fine," he said, stuttering a bit. "I just arrived, don't worry." He suddenly stood up. "Uhh... I forgot to buy some drinks. I'll go and buy some first so we can finally eat dinner," he hurriedly excused himself.

After closing the door, he heaved a big sigh of relief. "What did that just happened?" he asked himself. He touched his lips and remembered the feeling when Dahyun's lips brushed on his lips. It sent shivers to his spine. He bite his lip. That girl is making me go crazy!

---

Daniel is inside the elevator on his way back to Sooyoung's room. He tried to call Dahyun awhile ago but her phone was busy. He wonders what she is doing now. He sighed while waiting to reach his floor.

When he finally reached his floor, it instantly opened and by a quick flash, a guy passed by infront of him. It was so fast that he didn't even get a glimpse of the guy's face.

Then he remembered what Sooyoung said awhile ago.

"Wait, is that Jihoon?"

Daniel quickly look back but the guy was already gone.

Again, he doesn't know why he suddenly felt scared of meeting Jihoon again.

Although it was already cleared that he didn't do anything bad to him, Daniel doesn't know why the thought of Jihoon makes him feel un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter