FIRST

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hi!"

Dahyun almost fell from the chair when she heard a very loud yet cheerful, but still loud, greeting.

She composed herself and glanced on her side to see a woman who is cheekily smiling at her. "I'm Minatozaki Sana!" The woman introduced herself, with her literally very loud voice.

Dahyun holds on to her chest because once again, she got surprised with her greeting. She wanted to tell the woman to at least lower down her voice, as she is kinda gathering other people's attention.

"You must be Kim Dahyun. Nice to meet you!" Sana lend her hand. Dahyun awkwardly took it and gave her an awkward smile.

"Yes, I'm Kim Dahyun. Nice to -- OH MY!" She was not able to finish her words because Sana began shaking her hand so eagerly, making her entire body shake. Dahyun forcefully get her hand off of her and released an awkward laugh, "Wow... that's a very energetic kind of hand shake," she commented.

"You felt it?! I passed my energy vibes to you!" Sana proudly said.

Eh?

"Mr. Hwang told me to look after you because you're "special." So here I am," she pointed herself, "ready to train you and of course to take good care of you," she added.

"Ahhh... there must be some kind of misunderstanding." Dahyun stood up and fixed her skirt. "I'm actually here to work, not to get treated," she confirmed.

"Yeah, I know," Sana replied, her eyes rounded and an innocent smile plastered on her face.

"So...?" Dahyun unsurely asked.

"So... what?" Sana innocently asked.

Dahyun facepalmed herself. What in the world is happening? Didn't Minhyun told her to look for this Minatozaki girl? Then, here she is. But why is she so goddamn weird.

"Hahahahahaha!" Sana began laughing. Again, they gathered other people's attention.

"I don't know her!" Dahyun yelled at the people passing by and looking at them. "Geez," she hissed and grabbed her phone. "Hwang Minhyun, you are so dead." She was about to call the said guy but Sana quickly snatched her phone away. "Yah!"

"Rule no. 1!" Sana yelled. "Using of phone is prohibited during working hours." She put Dahyun's phone inside her pocket. Her tone of voice became serious, but a playful smile is still plastered on her face.

Dahyun smirked. "Oh, now you're becoming serious?"

"I am always serious," Sana said back, still smiling at her.

"Okay, Miss. Just tell me what will be my job," Dahyun said, trying not to get mad.

"You're shaking."

What?

Dahyun froze.

"You think I won't notice?" Sana said. This time, she looks concerned. "When I greeted you, yes, you were surprised. But a different kind of surprise. You were scared."

Dahyun gulped.

"When I snatched your phone, your hands are trembling. You're panicking," Sana continued.

Dahyun sat back on the chair. She stared at her hands. It's true. They were shaking. The hospital lobby is airconditioned, yet she's sweating. There were only a few people, yet she felt suffocated. 

"Now I know why Mr. Hwang said that you're special." Sana sat beside her. "You have a phobia."

"Are you gonna tell me to just go home and forget about working here?" Dahyun sarcastically asked.

"Nope," Sana shook her head. She then faced Dahyun and grabbed her hands. "I'm gonna tell you to stay and do your best," she said with a wide smile on her face.

Dahyun can't hide the fact that Sana's words kinda made her feel relieved. "But I don't think I can start now," she said. "I mean, the time... it's kinda late and I'm sorry for coming late. It's just that I have extra classes and Minhyun didn't even advised me sooner -- "

Sana chuckled. "It's okay. I understand!" She stood up, pulling Dahyun along. "Just come back this weekend so it won't be hassle for you."

"Thanks," Dahyun sheepishly smiled. "Umm... here's my resume if you need it," she handed her an envelope.

"Oh, thanks for this!"

"I'll come back this weekend." Dahyun bade goodbye and was about to walk her way out of the hospital when suddenly she heard Sana calling out her name. She abruptly turned around to face her. "Yes?" she asked.

"Is it okay if I assigned you to assist a cancer patient?" Sana asked.

Dahyun puckered her lips. "I really don't mind," she truthfully answered.

"Okay then!" Sana nodded and waved her goodbye.

Dahyun waved back and finally exited the hospital.

---

"Hi guys..." Sooyoung awkwardly greeted the boys standing infront of her. She smiled at them. "It's been awhile."

"Hi," Jisung greeted her back.

Jinyoung remained emotionless on his spot.

"Uhh... hi?" Woojin greeted.

Jaehwan just nodded.

"What..." Daehwi can't seem to find the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter