A day of wonder

House of card: Her

 

Jungkook was still busy jotting down the notes from Eunha's book. Eunha who was at his side then let out a loud sigh. As he heard the sigh, he shift his gaze towards the girl.

"You said you're going to accompany me." She pouts. 
"I am." Jungkook then turns his attention to the notes again. 
"I need to copy all of this if I want to excel in the next exam. My grades had flopped down so bad because I'm too busy with trainings." Eunha widened her eyes in shock. She tried to take away her book but being a stronger him, Jungkook manage to snatch it back. 

"B-but, I'm not that smart. You should've took Umji's note book. Not mine!" 
"I should. But, she'll be absent until tomorrow and I got no time to spare. Besides, you're great as well. You aced in all subject for last exam, right?" Jungkook gave a warm smile. 

"Well, thank you for that compliment but I wouldn't made it if it's not for Umji." 
"Cheer up. Everyone knows that. However, it was you who answer those question, right? Why can't you just appreciate yourself more, Jung Eunha." 

Eunha sat herself in deep thought. Jungkook was right. Even when others say that she's beautiful or smart or even unique in her own way, Eunha never believe them at heart. She just took it as a words of encouragement for her to do better. 

"A promise is a promise. Let's go." Jungkook said as he picks up his bag. Eunha blinks couple of time before Jungkook lightly knocks her forehead. He smirks and said,

"Come. Or we'll be late." 

*** 

They were waiting for their bus before Eunha claps her hand frantically as something crossed her mind. 

"I have a brilliant idea!" She shouted in excitement. Lucky for Jungkook no one was there except for them. He frowns to the latter while shooking his head in disbelief. 

"Stop shouting. Your high-pitched voice almost cause me to deaf." He glared at Eunha. Eunha just grins back at him. 

"Whatever you up to now, I don't want to be part of it." He said brushing off the girl away. 

A few minutes later, the bus came and they both quickly get on it. Eunha took the seat near the window and she was hoping that Jungkook will sit with her but being a tsundere he is, he just walk towards the seat behind Eunha instead. 'Psh. What an arrogant guy.'

***

Jungkook was in his dream land when Eunha shake his body to wake him up. 

"Are we here yet?" Jungkook said as he rubs his eyes. 
"Yes! Yes we have arrived!" Eunha said in excitement. 

Jungkook was still sleepy as he follow Eunha to go home. He then frowns as he realised that they were not in their neighbourhood. 

"Where is this place?" He looks at Eunha but Eunha just shrugged him off and skips happily. He then pulls her arm furiously. 

"What happened Jung Eunha? Are you trying to kidnap me?" Eunha laughs as she saw Jungkook's panic expression. 

"No, silly! Why should I do that? You cost nothing." She smirks. 
"Are you sure about that? As far I know, I'm quite priceless, you know?" Jungkook tilt his face towards the girl. He lifted his eyebrow and smirk. Eunha was startled a bit but the she quickly shook her head. 

"Enough with that. Let's go!" She said as she points towards a place in front of them. It was a big amusement arcade. Jungkook widened his eyes in disbelief. 

"Why did you-" 
"Oh come on!" Eunha said as she rush inside. 

***

Umji bids goodbye to both her parents as they enter the departure hall. Her father has a share in a company in Japan so they will always leave Namjoon and Umji for a few days once in a month.  

"You have to make sure not to skip your meals, guys!" Her mom shouted in a distance. Umji just waves her hands up high while Namjoon hold his thumb up. They then went to take a taxi to go home. 

"I already miss them~" Namjoon cries. 
"Oh come on oppa. We'll be fine. It's not like this is our first time." 
"I know, Yewon-ah. But, I can't help not to miss them." Namjoon said in a weak tone.  Namjoon is the only one in the group who called Umji with her real name. Perhaps it is because he has been calling her by that name since they were a baby. 

Namjoon was humming to his new favourite song from Chris Brown, With You. 

"Hey, you know this song Yewon? And I need you boo~"
"That was so outdated, oppa." Umji chuckles. 
"Well you know it didn't suit my music preference but this song is amazing!"
"Gosh oppa. Don't tell me you've never listened to this before? It has been two year since its release." 
"Well, I'm not sure about that but what I know now is I'm addicted to this. I'm in love with Chris Brown's voice!" He said in excitement. Umji grins at her brother silliness before something flash at her mind. 

"Oppa." She carefully calls her brother.
"Yes?" Namjoon said, still singing to song.
"Errr... Do you know that Jungkook oppa can sing?" Namjoon quickly look at his sister, furrowing his eyebrows. 

"How do you know?" He wonders. 
"Err... Eunha unnie said she heard Jungkook oppa was singing in a music room at school. She said that he sounded great. Why? Is it wrong to know about it?"
"Err... Not to my concern but I only heard him once when we went to the bath house together. His father is a very strict person and he scolded him in front of everyone. We were still young at that time so I could careless of what happen. But, somehow Jungkook kinda decided not to sing in front of people anymore since then. I think it was because his parents believed that him being a singer won't bring him anywhere in life. You do realise hundreds of idols were produced every single year but only a few of them succeed later in life, right? That's why they advices him to join the track and field team instead." Namjoon explained to her sister. Umji just nod at his brother's story. 

"It kinda a pity then." Namjoon smiles as he saw Umji's concerned face.

"He's doing great now though. I think he loves running better than singing." 

***

"Why are we here?" Jungkook rolled his eyes. He still cannot believe Eunha has dragged him to a place like this. He stares at Eunha who was playing PAC-man as she keeps pushing the button at the machines while screaming, 'run!'

"Oh come on! Stop denying to yourself. You always study or trains. Now is the time for you to ease off all your stress! Come on! Let's join me." Eunha exclaimed excitedly as she's running from the ghosts. 

"Besides, don't lie to yourself Jung Jungkook. Umji told me that you love to play games, right? So, whatcha waiting for?" She smirks at Jungkook. She shove a few tokens to him as he let out a chuckle. 

"You're so unpredictable, Eunha. And that what made you special." He smiles. Eunha can feel her heart stops beating for a few seconds and races thrice the rhythm it usually beats. 'Damn it this kid. He's such a tease!' 

***

Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung was busy goofing off at the playground near their neighbourhood when Taehyung saw someone was stomping her feet from afar. 'If it wasn't Jung Yerin' he thought. 

"Hey!" He called the girl. However, Yerin decided to ignore him. Both Hoseok and Jimin turn to the girl as well. 

"Yerin-ah!" Jimin called. This time Yerin turns to them. Taehyung was going to made a fuss over the fact he just got ignored but he cancelled it when he saw the girl's expression. 

"Hey what's up?" Taehyung voice out his concerned. Yerin was still busy trying to catch her breath. Hoseok quickly grabs his tumbler and gave it to Yerin. 

"Are you okay, Yerin?" He ask as Yerin gulps down the water. 

"You look so pale!" Jimin then said. 
"Yup! Where have you been, Jung Yerin?" Taehyung continued. Their focus were all now on her. Yerin take a deep breath before look at the boys. 

"I was just finished my extra class. I rush to home because I was so worried about Eunha. But, to my surprise, she wasn't there!" Yerin said huffing along the words. She then take another deep breath before asking,

"Have you guys seen Eunha?" 

***

Eunha smiles as she saw how much Jungkook was enjoying himself with the video games. Umji always told her about how Jungkook got no time for himself because he is too busy striving his best in both study or practice. He is the kind of person who would live up to the expectation so he kinda ignores his own needs.

"Jungkook-ah. I have to go to toilet first, okay? Just enjoy yourself. I'll be back in a few minutes." She gave a warm smile. 

"Oh okay." He said as he stayed focus on the game. 

Eunha then rushed outside of the arcade and went to a bakery shop across the road. She wanted to buy something for Jungkook because she knows he still didn't have anything for lunch. 

***

"Have you tried calling her?" Taehyung can't help but not to worry as well. It was already 4 pm. Where have Eunha went to? And, did she went there alone? All sorts of question lingers in their head. 

"Urghhh!" Yerin groans out of frustration. The boys could only look at Yerin pitifully. 

"It's okay. We'll find her soon." Said Hoseok. 
"Jimin have called Yuju. And I just call Sinb. She said she just finished her dancing class and she'll be here soon." He continued. 
"Don't worry. We'll find her together, okay?" Taehyung said, giving his calm smile. 

***

Jungkook was standing at the video game machine with a concerned face. He kept tapping his foot as he waits for Eunha. It has been 30 minutes since Eunha excused herself to the toilet but even until now, she is nowhere to be seen. He even ask an unknown girl to help him checking up of Eunha in the toilet but she told him that there is no one inside. 

"Where have she been?!" He hissed. 

He then look at his watch. 

"Damn it. It has been 45 minutes, Jung Eunha! Where are you?" 

***

"So, I've called the school but they said no one was there." Jimin said disappointedly.
"Thank god our parents will be late today, or else they'll be extremely upset!" Yerin sighs. Yuju and Sinb tried to calm the girl as they pat her shoulder. 

"It's okay, unnie. Let's call Umji. Maybe she went to her house." Sinb suggest. 
"I don't think so. Don't you remember, Sinb? Umji went to the airport today. So it was quite impossible that Eunha is with her. I bet her phone was out of battery. That's why she's unreachable." Yuju said. 

"Hmmmm... Why don't we boys tried to locate her with out bicycle and you girls stay at home waits for her?" Taehyung gave a suggestion. 
"No! How could I stay at home when all I could think about is Eunha?" Yerin's voice sound more like a beg to them. 
"Snap out of it, Jung Yerin." Taehyung said sternly. 
"She'll be fine. Don't worry to much and just go home." He continued.

Yerin looks away in despair. Yuju then hold her shoulder tight, comforting the older. 

"Taehyung oppa was right. What if Eunha went home but no one was waiting for her? She'll for sure will freak out when that happen." She said.
"Plus you look so pale unnie. You definitely need some rest." Sinb added. Taehyung took a deep breath as he said. 

"So go home. Go home and wait for a happy news from us. And, you two. Make sure she eats something. We don't want any other problem to arise. Now, let's go guys." Taehyung said as he cycle away. Yerin could only sigh disappointedly. 

"Don't worry too much, Yerin! We'll make sure we find her." Jimin shouted from afar.

***

Jungkook has been roaming around the area for a while before he decided to take a rest. 

"Gosh! Where could've she disappeared?" 

It wasn't long until he saw a recognisable figure was approaching him. She was limping with a plastic bag that she holds dearly. 

"Jungkook." She said in a very weak voice. 
"What happened to you?" Jungkook's jaw drop as he saw her wellbeing. She looks very exhausted while trying to catch on her breath. 

"I.... I wanted to buy something considering you still didn't eat anything for lunch. So, I went to the bakery in front of the arcade. But then..."

"But then?" Jungkook urges her. 
"But then I saw there's a lot of stalls and to my surprise a festival is being held there." She pointed to a place that were about 50 metres from them. 

"I went there but somehow I got lost. Usually, my sense of direction is good but somehow I lost my focus and I can't keep track of where should I go." She said as tears starts to form in her eyes. 

"Why did you bother went there, then? We could've went together." He tried to hold his anger. 

"I wanted to surprise you with something since I failed to bring you anything for your birthday party." Eunha looks down. 

"Are you crazy??? What is wrong with you, Jung Eunha?! Are you out of your mind? What if a bad guy come and take you away? How am I going to face your sister and your parents later??? Haven't you thought about it at all?!" Jungkook was still furious over the fact Eunha was so careless. Anything bad could've happen and he cannot stop worrying about it.

"I'm sorry." She added. She still tried her best to hold her tears but when Jungkook pull her into a hug, trying to comfort her, she burst into one. 

"Idiot." He murmured. He gently caress the girl's long hair.
"I know this is quite inappropriate but you look so frightened. So let's just stay like this for a minute or so."

Eunha then bawl as hard as she could. Jungkook was right. She was extremely scared over the fact that she was alone in the crowd of people. Her phone was out of battery thus she cannot reach anyone for help. She tried to ask a help from strangers but they could've care less about a young girl like her. She sobs as she bummed her head at his chest. 

***

They were already in the bus on the way home. Jungkook sit beside her to comfort her more. 

"Thank you." Eunha voice out. It was actually quite uncomfortable for her. Her heart won't stop racing and her breaths become irregular. It was fascinating for Eunha as she saw how calm Jungkook was on her side. Jungkook shut his eyes tightly but she knows that he just doing that to made her feel less ashamed with what just happened. 

"Err.... You are still awake, right?" 

Jungkook remain stiff and close his eyes. Eunha let out a loud sigh and look away. She then remembers something important. 

"Oh! Jungkook-ah! You should eat this!" She opens the box that she bought just now. Jungkook peek with one eye but then widened his eyes as he saw the content.

"Glazed donuts? You went into trouble just for this??" Jungkook raised his voice. Eunha was startled as he exhaled forcefully. 

"Why did you buy this?" He rolled his eyes. 
"I thought you said you like it." Eunha said in a slow tone. She trembles as Jungkook let out another sigh.

"But that doesn't mean I told you to buy it for me, right?!" Eunha felt as if all her efforts went out to drains. It was embarrassing enough that she acts clumsy in front a guy that she adores and now he keep screaming at her just because she is doing things to made him happy. 

She stormed out of the bus as it arrived at their neighbourhood area. Jungkook was shocked but he quickly run after her. 

"Can't you just wait for me? I've told you that we should be together, right." 

Eunha could not take it anymore. She can feel her inside was boiling with anger. She faced the guy and scream, 

"Why are you always doing this to me, Jeon Jungkook!" 

Jungkook gasped as he saw Eunha's face grew solemn.

"You know how much I wanted to make everything better, don't you? So, why do you have to belittle me every single time I tried?!" She continued. 

"I had it enough, Jeon Jungkook. I know you didn't like me that much and perhaps you hate it every time we got to face each other in class, but I'm not." Jungkook widen his eyes, shocked with the statement. 

"I'm not." She sighs. 

"I'm..." Jungkook tried to defend himself but Eunha cut him. 

"You always being a cold jerk but I can't help to not feel warm when I saw your sincere smiles. You put up a wall that I've stop trying to tore it down but then you came and shines me with rainbows. Tell me then Jung Jungkook. How could I ever gave up on you?"